Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-14-2009   #1
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default THOR!!! My interview with James Casey

As we're in the offseason doldrums, I figure you guys might want to give this a read. James Casey is a great guy, and he was generous enough to grant me an interview. I tried to ask some non-typical questions. Anyway, if you're so inclined, you can read it here.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: THOR!!! My interview with James Casey

+ Rep! That's a great interview, Diehard. Kinda disappointing hearing about his contract, but they'll get'r done eventually.
Old 07-14-2009   #3
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Great read ..this bothered me about what he said about Owen though...

Quote:
I can learn from him is to just watch how he goes about his business on and off the field
...at this point, just on the field is ok.
Old 07-14-2009   #4
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97234 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice interview Chris. Repped you for it as well. I had no idea you had your own blog site or whatever. Pretty cool.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #5
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Diehards is one of my daily visits. Sick that I'm sharing this but I have routine that I go through for my fix ever few hours. I vist Chris' site, BattleRedBlog, TC's blog, HT.com Chron.com (just in case they report something), NFL.com, PFT.com, PlayerPress.com (this is a neat site. They link to several Texans players blog sites in their "team" section including Cushing, Antonio Smith and Winston as well. With all their updates on one page.) And then in the evenings I check for radio podcasts on 610.com

I don't want to de-rail this thread but I was thinking it might be good to have a sticky with links to daily stories. I'd be happy to contribute as I usually see every story that's been reported on the Texans within at least 4 hours of it being posted. (When I have time of course). Not sure how to guard against duplicate stories but it might be nice to have a link pool or something. For some reason I feel wasteful starting a new thread for every story I find. Maybe I'm off base. I digress...

Oh, Chris, thanks for taking the time to do the interview. You're site, TC's blog and BRB are absolutely required reading this time of year. You really help to keep things fresh. Thank you.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #6
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 94228 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
...but I have routine that I go through for my fix ever few hours. I vist Chris' site, BattleRedBlog, TC's blog, HT.com Chron.com (just in case they report something), NFL.com, PFT.com, PlayerPress.com (this is a neat site.
Don't forget AJ over at the Examiner:

http://www.examiner.com/x-778-Houston-Texans-Examiner
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #7
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Look for Thor on Facebook too. He posts quite a bit.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-14-2009   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris, great interview. It's good to have someone asking real questions as opposed to some blowhard like Justice.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #9
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Don't forget AJ over at the Examiner:

http://www.examiner.com/x-778-Houston-Texans-Examiner
i never miss him. check him daily.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #10
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Another great interview from Chris. Thanks for coming up with a something a little different. I think you where able to get JC to open a little more than the average interview.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #11
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

All I could think when I opened the link was "three points of contact damnit!"

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #12
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Great interview. It was nice to read some real questions for a change. I especially liked the one about his agent. It wasn't that big of a deal but it is something that I never see asked.
I do wish you would have asked him to elaborate on the watching OD "off the field" comment. Hopefully he meant it as a way NOT to conduct business.

+ Rep to ya!
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #13
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Really JC is a part of the long term plan to build the greatest twin set ever. Next year we will draft Tebow, having him and Casey as the HB/FB (interchangeable, of course). With an unstoppable amount of short yardage passes, trick plays and a brutal pair of runners it won't even matter that our line features Chris Myers and Mike Brisiel. Throw Slaton on top for the full house and it's the greatest Madden team ever assembled.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #14
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I think TE Coach Brian Pariani is the key to Casey's progress. Texans use the TE more than just about any team out there, and Pariani is one of the best at what he does.

The blocking question is the good one to ask first. Casey on the field is going to have a lot to do with how quick he can pick up the playbook and how well he can block.
Old 07-15-2009   #15
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I think TE Coach Brian Pariani is the key to Casey's progress. Texans use the TE more than just about any team out there, and Pariani is one of the best at what he does.

The blocking question is the good one to ask first. Casey on the field is going to have a lot to do with how quick he can pick up the playbook and how well he can block.
He absolutely is the key but I kind of found it a little discouraging to hear that Casey has not seen too much of Kyle Shannahan. Maybe I'm squinting a little too hard trying to make something out of nothing.

Pariani is the one to do all the teaching but if you want to be in on the playbook, you want to see quite a bit of the offensive coordinator. Wouldn't one think?
Old 07-15-2009   #16
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Pariani is the one to do all the teaching but if you want to be in on the playbook, you want to see quite a bit of the offensive coordinator. Wouldn't one think?
IMO that not how it usually works. Shanahan will hold the main offensive meetings, gameplan instillation type things. So far the team has been doing more positional stuff, technique and things, that is done in the smaller groups.

As they get closer to the season, OC, will have more contact with his side of the ball.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice interview, thanks!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
IMO that not how it usually works. Shanahan will hold the main offensive meetings, gameplan instillation type things. So far the team has been doing more positional stuff, technique and things, that is done in the smaller groups.

As they get closer to the season, OC, will have more contact with his side of the ball.
Yeah, that's what I think too!
Old 07-15-2009   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
All I could think when I opened the link was "three points of contact damnit!"
Looking at that picture, do we really want Casey to fly like the Rosencopter ?
Now, I'm all skeptical, LOL!
Old 07-15-2009   #20
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Great interview Chris! I was especially interested in Casey's contract. More specifically why he hasn't signed yet. Players picked just in front and right behind him in the Draft have already signed.

"Anything new with your contract situation? With all the bad contract news that’s gone on this off-season, the fans are ready for some good news. Do you think it will be much longer before you sign your deal"?

"No, nothing new with the contract situation, but I don’t think it will be much longer".

His answer is vague, which is to be expected, but I hope he signs soon. Don't want any hold outs.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read