Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-13-2009   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jessica Gains Weight,Romo Loses Excuse

Looks like Romo has no convenient fall back excuse should he have a repeat of last year's performance.

Jessica Simpson and Tony Romo break up
Source says Cowboys QB dumped singer on eve of her 29th birthday

Tony Romo broke up with Jessica Simpson on Thursday, the night before her 29th birthday, a source close to the pop star tells PEOPLE.

"She is heartbroken," says the source. "She loves Tony. But it's been difficult lately. He's busy with his career and she's getting ready to shoot her show ("The Price of Beauty"). They decided to part ways."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jessica Gains Weight,Romo Loses Excuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Looks like Romo has no convenient fall back excuse should he have a repeat of last year's performance.

Tony Romo broke up with Jessica Simpson on Thursday, the night before her 29th birthday, a source close to the pop star tells PEOPLE.

"She is heartbroken," says the source. "She loves Tony. But it's been difficult lately. He's busy with his career and she's getting ready to shoot her show ("The Price of Beauty"). They decided to part ways."
She's going down the path of Delta Burke .
Old 07-13-2009   #3
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope that Tony isn't so superficial that weight gain alone would be the cause of a breakup. I questioned at one point if the Simpson family was a bit too controlling for Romo's taste, especially when a rumor circulated last year that Jessica's dad wanted to manage his finances.

I can agree that with TO gone, now Jessica, although there's always the chance that they get back together, there are now two people that will be eliminated as distractions. When I read about the breakup earlier, I must admit that I didn't pull out the tissue.
StarStruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I hope that Tony isn't so superficial that weight gain alone would be the cause of a breakup. I questioned at one point if the Simpson family was a bit too controlling for Romo's taste, especially when a rumor circulated last year that Jessica's dad wanted to manage his finances.

I can agree that with TO gone, now Jessica, although there's always the chance that they get back together, there are now two people that will be eliminated as distractions. When I read about the breakup earlier, I must admit that I didn't pull out the tissue.
Her weight yo-yo's like most women but it was hysterically funny when she was getting ragged on for being a size 8 or whatever it was...

She's still way prettier than her sister. Or most women for that matter.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #5
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to preface this post by saying I'm not a Cowboys fan but while I lived in Dallas the exposure to the team was intense. This is me trying to put on my analyst cap here.

Jessica gets way too much attention as part of the problem in Dallas. If it's the weight gain whatever I really could careless about their relationship or status.

A big problem in the locker room has been TO polarizing everything and Romo feeling pressured to force throws when he shouldn't have. Much as TO made him look good at other points he was a part of the bad with Romo. TO's gone, that weight is off the chest of the locker room. They paid a big price to Roy Williams and he needs to show up and get it done unlike what the fans in Dallas saw at the end of the year.

TO might be gone but there's bigger problems there and it all trickles down from Jerruh Jones. I like Wade Phillips, he seems like a good guy but, he's a terrible fit for what's needed in Dallas. I do think he's handling the constant cloud of his job over his head, and that has to affect the rest of the coaching staff. Speaking of which I think a part of the problem has been with Garrett's play calling. They got lucky last year in athird round steal in Tashard Choice, by the time TC rolls around they should have a stable of RB's to play with between Barber, Choice and Felix Jones. Garrett would be wise to utilize each skill set they bring. Even if Roy Williams doesn't show up Romo has a pretty good #2 in Patrick Crayton and Whitten as well. Martellus Bennett also has a lot of potential as well.

They've got problems on defense and it let them down during the stretch. I think it can be helped much like ours, control the clock with the running game and with TO gone I think Romo will make better decisions with the ball.

Their window might be starting to close but they're still a talented team capable of winning a superbowl. I just don't think Wade is the guy that can lead them there.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

Good. Maybe he decided that he is working toward the team goal and the constant media was in the way. I'm not a person who is rude about weight and all but she did sing at Tiger Woods golf tourney a couple of weeks ago..Romo played the pro-am with him...and she looked even larger than her one set of pics from awhile back. Overall though I doubt this would be his reasoning. I know there are alot of Cowboy fans who thought she was bad luck...not me of course..or maybe I mentioned it a few times
Old 07-13-2009   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually Frog there are a few unflattering pictures of Jessica from that pro-am but it's more the dress and the camera angle.

She actually has lost weight and looks good. She's not as thin as she was when she did the DUKES stuff but she was training hours a day to fit into that bikini.

Like I have to tell you that...
Sponsored links
Old 07-13-2009   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Actually Frog there are a few unflattering pictures of Jessica from that pro-am but it's more the dress and the camera angle.

She actually has lost weight and looks good. She's not as thin as she was when she did the DUKES stuff but she was training hours a day to fit into that bikini.

Like I have to tell you that...
Hey weight or not, she seems to always look nice to me
Old 07-13-2009   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

i thought she looked great at the pro-am. she didn't look fat but she did look voluptuous to the Nth degree. yum
Old 07-13-2009   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
i thought she looked great at the pro-am. she didn't look fat but she did look voluptuous to the Nth degree. yum
I only saw the singing part and it) could have been the outfit...after she got in trouble with the weight rumors when she was wearing "mom" jeans..lol
Old 07-13-2009   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I only saw the singing part and it) could have been the outfit...after she got in trouble with the weight rumors when she was wearing "mom" jeans..lol
Romo was joining her in the porkier (no disrespect to Porky) look himself during the tournament.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Hey weight or not, she seems to always look nice to me
She is a really pretty girl.
Old 07-14-2009   #13
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't understand the "loses excuse" part. The excuse was that the playoff field goal ball was slick. I don't think the person he dates has anything to do with anything.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #14
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

If Brock Lesnar can win while thinking about what he's going to do with Sable later that night, I don't see why Tony Romo has to drop Jessica Simpson....
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I don't understand the "loses excuse" part. The excuse was that the playoff field goal ball was slick. I don't think the person he dates has anything to do with anything.
The theory was when she showed up at the first game when they dated the Boys blew it...which they did. She also went to Cabo with him come playoff time. So people were saying when they started, his mind went. I think he pretty much owns that he blew the Seattle game.
Old 07-14-2009   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Saved himself from having to buy a birthday gift too.
Old 07-14-2009   #17
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Actually Frog there are a few unflattering pictures of Jessica from that pro-am but it's more the dress and the camera angle....

Meh, not so bad.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post

Meh, not so bad.
I'd still hit it!
Old 07-14-2009   #19
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'd still hit it!

Yeah, but you are refering to the Navy guys in the back...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #20
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post

Meh, not so bad.
There is something on the second upper red stripe...is that a ...nevermind...huh, huh Beavis

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read