Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jaguars trying to stir up ticket interest

Last edited:
I hope that doesn't happen. If they end up moving which seems quite inevitable at this point, I hope it's anywhere but LA. I don't want to be in the same division as some new LA team that the media will be drooling over ad covering non stop. If it is anywhere but LA, then I won't really care because NY already has two teams.

I think they would re-align the conferences a little bit if the Jags move to LA. Would be a shame though since we have a good rivalry going against them.

I doubt they would realign with a Jags move to LA. While LA is west it is still also south. Also if you look at who is in the current AFC West I don't see any of those teams moving from there with those long time rivalries in place.

Would it be a bad thing to have the Texans in a division with a large market, high profile team? I don't think so. More chances of the Texans getting national TV exposure.

I think they would re-align the conferences a little bit if the Jags move to LA. Would be a shame though since we have a good rivalry going against them.

I've always wanted to see the Saint's moved into our Division. I think that would make a nice regional rivalry.

Do they even have a rivalry with anyone?

Man I would love to be in the same division as an LA team. We get maybe 1 nationally televised game a year. Having a big market like LA in the division would instantly give us some more national games

I've always wanted to see the Saint's moved into our Division. I think that would make a nice regional rivalry.

Do they even have a rivalry with anyone?

Won't happen, but I would like them to throw the 32 teams into a computer and identify the 16 sets of closest teams. That identifies AFC and NFC by splitting the pairs. Then divide into north south east and west. Then make the swing games be the closest in division and out of division teams.

I understand how they do it now and everyone playing everyone but it would be nice to regularly play Dallas and New Orleans. Let's face it, do we give a crap about Indy other than they are in our division?

I hope that doesn't happen. If they end up moving which seems quite inevitable at this point, I hope it's anywhere but LA. I don't want to be in the same division as some new LA team that the media will be drooling over and covering non stop. If it is anywhere but LA, then I won't really care because NY already has two teams.

It's so easy to solve this. Move the Rams back to LA where they belong and then slide the Jaguars over to St Louis where they were originally expected to be and it's problem solved. Jags fans can go back to rooting for the Falcons or the Bucs.

If the Jaguars move to LA, I would think they'd want to be placed in the AFC West division. KC Chiefs seem like the logical choice to move out and into the AFC South. As weird as that sounds, they are the furthest from the West Coast and (relatively) close in Indianapolis.

On the other hand, it would be nice to whip LA's arse twice a year!

Last edited:
I would love to have a LA team in the division, for many reasons. The most emotional one being I grew up in Vegas and was only able to view LA teams, and hated everything about LA. This would be hater Nirvana for me.

From a re-alignment standpoint, KC ain't moving anywhere without the Raiders, Chargers and Broncos. However, their divisional commute would be the toughest in the league.

Man I would love to be in the same division as an LA team. We get maybe 1 nationally televised game a year. Having a big market like LA in the division would instantly give us some more national games

They'll just give those games to Indy and Tenn.

Since they are an LA team, I'm sure they would like to help them win. They could put LA Jags in the NFC West and move The Rams to the AFC South.

Possibly the Jaguars and Lions merge to form a mediocre team? Both cats ... both suck and can not draw fans ... both have terrible coaches.

Umm check this article out.......not good for the Jags...

The billionaire real estate developer from Southern California is closely tracking the stadium and hometown dysfunction that plagues the three California franchises in San Francisco, Oakland and San Diego. He knows where fans are weary, where facilities are second-rate.

He's got bull's-eyes centered on Buffalo, Jacksonville, Minnesota and St. Louis, too.

Give Roski your poor, your tired, your NFL huddles and masses longing for a state-of-the-art outdoor facility. Bring them to the City of Industry in the San Gabriel Valley, where he is convinced the fruitful Los Angeles market will welcome you......

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/07/14/billionaire-ed-roski-wants-your-nflteam-in-los-angeles/#cont

By Paul Kuharsky
ESPN.com
Archive
Jaguars fans in and around Jacksonville will not be able to see the team's two home preseason games on local TV -- neither live, nor on tape delay.

Because the games are not expected to sell out, they can't be aired live locally under the NFL's blackout rules. And the team's preseason broadcast partner -- Fox and CBS affiliate WTEV -- will not produce the games for a tape-delayed broadcast, the station's general manager said.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4329428

By Paul Kuharsky
ESPN.com
Archive
Jaguars fans in and around Jacksonville will not be able to see the team's two home preseason games on local TV -- neither live, nor on tape delay.

Because the games are not expected to sell out, they can't be aired live locally under the NFL's blackout rules. And the team's preseason broadcast partner -- Fox and CBS affiliate WTEV -- will not produce the games for a tape-delayed broadcast, the station's general manager said.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4329428

suxs to be a jags fan I guess

As I said before the Jags moving to LA would be perfect!

It would be even better if they stayed in the AFC south.

If they move to LA why do they have to leave the South? LA looks like it's south on my map. A hell of a lot more south than Indianapolis or Nashville is.

Interstate 10 runs into Jacksonville. Interstate 10 runs into LA.

Why does Florida have 3 teams? They can't get anyone to show up for Fins or KittyKat games. I guess even if there was no team in Miami they would still choose it over Houston to host Superbowls.

One question comes to mind.................NFL revenue sharing????? When two teams play, there is "gate" money that fans pay for seats. The money is supposedly split 60-40, with the visiting team getting 40% of the gate. It would seem that at least the rest of the NFL teams scheduled to play the Jags this year would have to agree to such a "discount"..................or, to leave the visiting teams' share alone, the Jags themselves would have to eat a good chunk of their gate revenue money for the season. And what do they do for the pissed off season ticket holders that bought their tickets prior to "the offer"?

Last edited:
Back