Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


The National Football League League News & Current Events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame
 
CloakNNNdagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,606
Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

Of the 25 questions posed, ESPN report 25 bold proclamations, beginning with:

Quote:
Sorry, Dallas Cowboys. There is no America's Team.

But if there were, it would be you -- even though you're the team more people love to hate.

Got that?

A week of SportsNation polling produced more than 870,000 votes spread across 25 topics, from Favre to Vick and much more. We sift through the answers to single out 25 [mostly] bold proclamations.

1. There is no America's Team! So said 37 percent of the more than 161,000 people asked to choose between the Cowboys (22 percent), Steelers (20 percent), Patriots (11 percent) and Packers (10 percent).

2. Only the Cowboys are more despised than the Patriots. SportsNation singled out five teams fans loved to hate. The Cowboys drew 36 percent of the vote, followed by the Patriots (34 percent), Steelers (12 percent), Giants (9 percent) and Raiders (9 percent).
FOR THE OTHER PROCLAMATIONS [LINK]
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #2
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising
 
spurstexanstros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,708
Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

I am loving question #20- Its about time for San Antonio to get its own team.
7th largest city in the us not have a team. Sa has been protected from the bad economy because we are the fastest growing city in the nation. Stupid Cowboy fans here dont realize we can have our own team but time after time they say.."we dont want a team if it interferes with the Cowboys on TV' They have no pride and bow at the alter of Jerry. I freaking hate Cowboy fans and their team.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #3
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,467
Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
I am loving question #20- Its about time for San Antonio to get its own team.
I think that they could support one possibly. They seem to be pretty passionate sports fans out there.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy
 
Hookem Horns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,326
Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

IMO, the Cowboys are America's team and that is fine by me. Basically all that means to me is they have more fans nationally (outside of their own market) than anyone else. I have lived in or near a few other NFL markets and the general rule is the majority are fans of the local team followed by Cowboys fans. Who really wants to be a fan of a team that everyone else roots for? Also because of that the Cowboys have no real identity as a Texas team.

For example, when I lived in New York, or the Philadelphia area and wore anything with the Oilers on it I would always get asked if I were from Texas. However if I were to wear Cowboys gear they would just think I am some schmuck who doesn't root for the home team.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame
 
brakos82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LOHAR (Land of Hipsters and Rain)
Section: 1009 E. Union
Posts: 19,728
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
For example, when I lived in New York, or the Philadelphia area and wore anything with the Oilers on it I would always get asked if I were from Texas. However if I were to wear Cowboys gear they would just think I am some schmuck who doesn't root for the home team.
That always happen(ed/s) to me whenever I'm in Seattle, even though that's one area that doesn't have many Cowboy fans. After the Seahawks, The AFC West teams are the next 4 out there.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #6
GP 
Go Texans!
 
GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TEXAS!
Posts: 17,747
Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

Thanks for the info, CND.

So out of those teams listed, the Cowboys get the most unfavorable votes.

__________________
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #7
GP 
Go Texans!
 
GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TEXAS!
Posts: 17,747
Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
IMO, the Cowboys are America's team and that is fine by me. Basically all that means to me is they have more fans nationally (outside of their own market) than anyone else. I have lived in or near a few other NFL markets and the general rule is the majority are fans of the local team followed by Cowboys fans. Who really wants to be a fan of a team that everyone else roots for? Also because of that the Cowboys have no real identity as a Texas team.

For example, when I lived in New York, or the Philadelphia area and wore anything with the Oilers on it I would always get asked if I were from Texas. However if I were to wear Cowboys gear they would just think I am some schmuck who doesn't root for the home team.
Great post.
__________________
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-13-2009   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite
 
Goldensilence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin
Age: 32
Posts: 5,143
Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
I am loving question #20- Its about time for San Antonio to get its own team.
7th largest city in the us not have a team. Sa has been protected from the bad economy because we are the fastest growing city in the nation. Stupid Cowboy fans here dont realize we can have our own team but time after time they say.."we dont want a team if it interferes with the Cowboys on TV' They have no pride and bow at the alter of Jerry. I freaking hate Cowboy fans and their team.
I think San Antonio could support a team and has the faclities to do so. I disagree with the idea Orlando would be a good idea at all it'd be Jacksonville all over again.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #9
GuerillaBlack
Money!
 
GuerillaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montrose
Age: 23
Posts: 9,059
Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
I am loving question #20- Its about time for San Antonio to get its own team.
7th largest city in the us not have a team. Sa has been protected from the bad economy because we are the fastest growing city in the nation. Stupid Cowboy fans here dont realize we can have our own team but time after time they say.."we dont want a team if it interferes with the Cowboys on TV' They have no pride and bow at the alter of Jerry. I freaking hate Cowboy fans and their team.
It's the seven largest city, but only like the 28th largest metro area, which is why.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,260
Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I think San Antonio could support a team and has the faclities to do so. I disagree with the idea Orlando would be a good idea at all it'd be Jacksonville all over again.
It's been discussed many times...no way the NFL would let a team play in the Alamo Dome as a permanent home.

They'd either have to revamp it to NFL standards or build new.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #11
BSofA04
Hall of Fame
 
BSofA04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Antonio
Age: 31
Posts: 1,284
Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
It's been discussed many times...no way the NFL would let a team play in the Alamo Dome as a permanent home.

They'd either have to revamp it to NFL standards or build new.
X2. Alamodome would be temporary.
__________________
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #12
StarStruck
Site Contributor
 
StarStruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Missouri City, Texas
Section: 115 Q6
Posts: 4,603
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
I am loving question #20- Its about time for San Antonio to get its own team.
7th largest city in the us not have a team. Sa has been protected from the bad economy because we are the fastest growing city in the nation. Stupid Cowboy fans here dont realize we can have our own team but time after time they say.."we dont want a team if it interferes with the Cowboys on TV' They have no pride and bow at the alter of Jerry. I freaking hate Cowboy fans and their team.
Questions? If San Antonio were to get their own team, would you still be a Texans fan first, but support the hometown team because of location? Would Texans drop to number 2? Would you attend games for both teams?

I don't have a problem with SA having its own team and could support/cheer for success until the play my #1 and #2 teams.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,991
Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
IMO, the Cowboys are America's team and that is fine by me. Basically all that means to me is they have more fans nationally (outside of their own market) than anyone else. I have lived in or near a few other NFL markets and the general rule is the majority are fans of the local team followed by Cowboys fans. Who really wants to be a fan of a team that everyone else roots for? Also because of that the Cowboys have no real identity as a Texas team.

For example, when I lived in New York, or the Philadelphia area and wore anything with the Oilers on it I would always get asked if I were from Texas. However if I were to wear Cowboys gear they would just think I am some schmuck who doesn't root for the home team.
It seems to me "America's team" would be the team that had 51 or more per cent of fan support. Short of that, the team with the most support woud be America's most popular team, but that's not the same as "America's team".
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #14
awtysst
Draft Guru
 
awtysst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,611
Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

San Antonio Jaguars?
__________________
Draft Guru: 91.43% accuracy through first 35 picks from 2006-present

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #15
GuerillaBlack
Money!
 
GuerillaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montrose
Age: 23
Posts: 9,059
Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I think San Antonio could support a team and has the faclities to do so. I disagree with the idea Orlando would be a good idea at all it'd be Jacksonville all over again.
Maybe. The Orlando area is almost twice the size of the Jacksonville area and is larger than the SA area. I think Orlando could support a team. I think SA would have the better fans though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
It's been discussed many times...no way the NFL would let a team play in the Alamo Dome as a permanent home.

They'd either have to revamp it to NFL standards or build new.
I don't even know if the NFL would want to play in the Alamodome temporarily. SA would have to have a new stadium complete. There are many upgrades the Alamodome would need.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #16
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest
 
Texan JBZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Houston, Texas, Home of the Texans!
Age: 34
Posts: 1,444
Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
IMO, the Cowboys are America's team and that is fine by me. Basically all that means to me is they have more fans nationally (outside of their own market) than anyone else. I have lived in or near a few other NFL markets and the general rule is the majority are fans of the local team followed by Cowboys fans. Who really wants to be a fan of a team that everyone else roots for? Also because of that the Cowboys have no real identity as a Texas team.

For example, when I lived in New York, or the Philadelphia area and wore anything with the Oilers on it I would always get asked if I were from Texas. However if I were to wear Cowboys gear they would just think I am some schmuck who doesn't root for the home team.
I don't totally agree with that. I think the Steelers have more fans than the Cowpatties do. I have more family members that are Steelers fans Cowboys fans. They are EVERYWHERE! I still remember the last time when the Texans played the Steelers at home (yes, that hot ass game). The stadium was damn near split. I went to a pretty damn nice sports bar over by the Garland area when I was visiting my uncle once. The place was infested with Steelers fans. The thing I've always liked about Steelers fans are that they are true fans who love good football and love to have a good time. They aren't obnoxious like the numerous Cowboy fans I know. That's the main reason people hate the Girls so much. That, and their weiner of a owner Jerra.
__________________
I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Texan JBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #17
ubecool454
Hall of Fame
 
ubecool454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,422
Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
I am loving question #20- Its about time for San Antonio to get its own team.
7th largest city in the us not have a team. Sa has been protected from the bad economy because we are the fastest growing city in the nation. Stupid Cowboy fans here dont realize we can have our own team but time after time they say.."we dont want a team if it interferes with the Cowboys on TV' They have no pride and bow at the alter of Jerry. I freaking hate Cowboy fans and their team.
Sorry mah man, you got the Spurs and thats all SA will get. You are stuck between two large metro areas that already have teams. Don't let the population numbers fool you because SA is lucky to have all the military there....which I would be willing to bet is the largest "Industry" in town. I know you may think well, we have more people than dallas but thats city limits not metro area. I know how you must feel but unfortunately you are in a tough spot...stuck between Cowboys, the largest city in the south and the Texas Longhorns. I thought SA leadership jumped the gun when they built the Alamodome with no promises from the NFL. If SA gets a team then we lose you as a fan and we don't want to lose you dude. lol As long as Los Angeles is without a team SA and Orlando and Toronto can all 4 git about it.

Last edited by ubecool454; 07-15-2009 at 01:34 AM.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #18
ubecool454
Hall of Fame
 
ubecool454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,422
Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
I don't totally agree with that. I think the Steelers have more fans than the Cowpatties do. I have more family members that are Steelers fans Cowboys fans. They are EVERYWHERE! I still remember the last time when the Texans played the Steelers at home (yes, that hot ass game). The stadium was damn near split. I went to a pretty damn nice sports bar over by the Garland area when I was visiting my uncle once. The place was infested with Steelers fans. The thing I've always liked about Steelers fans are that they are true fans who love good football and love to have a good time. They aren't obnoxious like the numerous Cowboy fans I know. That's the main reason people hate the Girls so much. That, and their weiner of a owner Jerra.
The stadium was damn near split....come on dude I think thats a bit much. I think the Steelers and Dallas run close on the most popular team but I have to give the Cowboys the edge worldwide. I think I know why the cowboys are more popular...the cheerleaders give them that edge..lol
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #19
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising
 
spurstexanstros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,708
Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Questions? If San Antonio were to get their own team, would you still be a Texans fan first, but support the hometown team because of location? Would Texans drop to number 2? Would you attend games for both teams?

I don't have a problem with SA having its own team and could support/cheer for success until the play my #1 and #2 teams.
I would have to stop rooting for the Texans because my first allegiance is to my hometown. I wont root against them. I have a feeling that If Jerrah lets us have a team it will be an AFC team and in the same division as the Texans. I wouldnt however act like the franchise that we get (if it is moved) has 30=years of tradition like the Titan fans do and If the prior location gets a new team I will not got to that team's site and thump it over the head of the city that lost its team....(Titan fans) For that reason I would prefer an expansion team to having one relocated because I would hate to do that to another fanbase.( I will oppose our city council if they decide to bribe an owner LIKE NASHVILLE DID)
I know the moment SA gets a team that season the Texans will win the Superbowl...bank on it.
I really would hate to leave but an NFL team would be great for SA and I must support what is good for my city and if that means rooting against,( only if they are in the same division) the Texans...I would have to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
Sorry mah man, you got the Spurs and thats all SA will get. You are stuck between two large metro areas that already have teams. Don't let the population numbers fool you because SA is lucky to have all the military there....which I would be willing to bet is the largest "Industry" in town. I know you may think well, we have more people than dallas but thats city limits not metro area. I know how you must feel but unfortunately you are in a tough spot...stuck between Cowboys, the largest city in the south and the Texas Longhorns. I thought SA leadership jumped the gun when they built the Alamodome with no promises from the NFL. If SA gets a team then we lose you as a fan and we don't want to lose you dude. lol As long as Los Angeles is without a team SA and Orlando and Toronto can all 4 git about it.
Thanks, but your right. Our city leaders are not forward thinking enough to realize that a stadium between Austin and San Antonio would help creat a metroplex type of situation. Shoot can you tell the difference between Austin and SA now?
Also we have alot of ***** Cowboy fans here...you know the really stupid kind. I think they all live here. One guy yelled at a talk show host for calling them the Dallas Cowboys...he said "theyre THA Cowboys not the Dallas Cowboys." True story and I heard it more than once.

So till Jerry dies or hell freezes over....go Texans and may Bud and Jerry kiss my Battle Red Boxers.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #20
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog
 
HoustonFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Age: 44
Posts: 12,418
Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most NFL fans Side With Texans Fans.........re. Jerry's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
I would have to stop rooting for the Texans because my first allegiance is to my hometown. I wont root against them. I have a feeling that If Jerrah lets us have a team it will be an AFC team and in the same division as the Texans. I wouldnt however act like the franchise that we get (if it is moved) has 30=years of tradition like the Titan fans do and If the prior location gets a new team I will not got to that team's site and thump it over the head of the city that lost its team....(Titan fans) For that reason I would prefer an expansion team to having one relocated because I would hate to do that to another fanbase.( I will oppose our city council if they decide to bribe an owner LIKE NASHVILLE DID)
I know the moment SA gets a team that season the Texans will win the Superbowl...bank on it.
I really would hate to leave but an NFL team would be great for SA and I must support what is good for my city and if that means rooting against,( only if they are in the same division) the Texans...I would have to.


Thanks, but your right. Our city leaders are not forward thinking enough to realize that a stadium between Austin and San Antonio would help creat a metroplex type of situation. Shoot can you tell the difference between Austin and SA now?
Also we have alot of ***** Cowboy fans here...you know the really stupid kind. I think they all live here. One guy yelled at a talk show host for calling them the Dallas Cowboys...he said "theyre THA Cowboys not the Dallas Cowboys." True story and I heard it more than once.

So till Jerry dies or hell freezes over....go Texans and may Bud and Jerry kiss my Battle Red Boxers.
I've seen you talk about this before but I hate to tell you, your anger towards not having a team is very misplaced. In fact the rumor is that Jerry and McNair wouldn't want another team but it is far from the truth.

You don't have a team because of the old commissioner Tagliabue and his basic icy relations with the city. It is also because of the AlamoDome. I hate to tell you but no matter who has influence in the NFL, a guy like Goddell will put a team where he sees fit and no owner will block that. In fact there has been various articles regarding this. So stop blaming Jerry..he actually brought the city money with the camp. Here is one piece I found from October of last year

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/c...FLs_radar.html

Quote:
San Antonio is on a track that could lead to the NFL considering it for an expansion team someday, commissioner Roger Goodell suggested Wednesday.

“My words of encouragement would be to stay the course and continue to grow and continue to prepare if the opportunity comes about,” said Goodell, responding to a question from the audience during a luncheon sponsored by the University of the Incarnate Word and the Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce.

While making it clear the league has no immediate plans to grow beyond 32 teams and will continue to discourage relocation, Goodell indicated there has been a shift in how the league views San Antonio.

“There’s no question the growth is extraordinary here,” Goodell said. “You see it as soon as you come into the city ... The vision the leaders have here to grow this community has been very positive. I think that will provide new opportunities.’’

The NFL, under former commissioner Paul Tagliabue, has spurned the city twice in the past 16 years.

In March 1992, the league rejected a San Antonio expansion effort. The city’s bid was one of the first cut in a process that eventually led to teams being awarded to Jacksonville, Fla., and Charlotte, N.C.

In 2005, the New Orleans Saints relocated operations to San Antonio in the wake of Hurricane Katrina and played three regular-season games at the Alamodome.

Tagliabue, responding to reports that the Saints were considering permanent relocation, angered civic leaders when he dismissed the city as a small market.

Since replacing Tagliabue in 2006, Goodell has worked to establish a warmer relationship between the league and San Antonio.

Goodell also dismissed the notion that Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and Houston Texans owner Bob McNair would block any attempt to grant Texas a third team.

“I don’t think they would,” Goodell said. “I think they recognize the great passion of the fans here
.”
__________________
Desperation is a stinky cologne. -Super Troopers
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger