Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-02-2005   #1
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default the thrill is gone

as i look back at this season there is something that was obviously gone from our team...remember the first season gary walker was in everyones face and did his best hulk inpersonations after every sack...got in jerry jones's face during the first game...then he got hurt in season two and has never returned...i'm just wondering what happened to gary walker...i know players get hurt and play hurt but that shouldn't have any affect on their intensity during the game should it?...how injuried was gary this season?...i can remember him coming off the field a couple of times throughout the season but nothing major...i remember towards the end of the season him and sharper hinting to some changes that needed to be made...maybe one of the changes is walker's role for this team...because to me the thrill is gone in his eyes...can't see the thrive to want to play and to play great like he did in season one...just something i wanted to talk about...if anyone else wants to chim in that's cool just wanted to get all that out in the open
Old 02-02-2005   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

walker may not bring near as much intensity to the field as he used to, and i mean he hasnt done the things he did in the first season, and maybe that just dont pump him up like it used to. But we still have other players who still show emotion and passion on the field, AJ, A. Peek, Babin, R. Smith, Wong. They all show intensity on the field and a desire to win, oh and same goes for Carr !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #3
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

He was playing for a contract to end his carrer and he got it before last year. I don't think he has as much dedication as he did in the 1st two years.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

yeah and i dont agree with the contract we gave him, not reasonable to me. Considering the lack of production we've had from him when he was injuried in 2003 and this year !
Old 02-02-2005   #5
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

"The Thrill is Gone" .. ala BB King. Come on, it's not that bad... lol
New season, new additions and a new look.. who knows what we will become in 05.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #6
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
"The Thrill is Gone" .. ala BB King. Come on, it's not that bad... lol
New season, new additions and they can have a new look.. who knows what we will get in 05.

i guess some people just dont like change, which is sometimes for the best !
Old 02-02-2005   #7
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

i have seen babin show emotion, and i dont think he had enough sacks for me to remember him doing anything after words !
Sponsored links
Old 02-02-2005   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Walker came off of hamstring problems and I look for him to bounce back. He is one of the few Texans to make a Pro Bowl and I wish him the best on a return to form. The same people who want us to be patient with David have no patience with Babin. Sweet irony. Do yourselves a favor and pull up the stats to the other LOLB's in the better 3-4 defenses. Then pull up Babin's stats.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #9
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

i personally think babin did a good job last season and i look for him to do a good job next season. And for his sack total to go up. And what do some of you expect (every player to have a Ray Lewis dance ???)
Old 02-02-2005   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Dont even put those two guys in the same sentence, Carr was a rookie QB that started for an Expantion team and gets his head beat in every year he has been here. All babin has to do is get in double digit sacks(didnt do it).
O how many picks did we give up for this guy, he rushes the passer and keeps outside contain, I believe that Carr has it a little tuffer!
Expansion QB's get pounded. Find me one who hasn't been. It's not pretty but it comes with the job. Babin did well in his rookie year. To say otherwise is not being fair. I'm not sure what you guy are comparing him to, but I compare him to other LOLB's in 3-4 defenses.

Steelers Clark Haggans had 37 tackles and 6 sacks
Patriots Mike Vrabel 71 tackles and 5.5 sacks
Chargers Ben Leber 60 total tackles and 2 sacks
Texans Jason Babin 63 total tackles and 4 sacks

Old 02-02-2005   #11
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

man chill vinny wasnt bashing carr, he was just stating that david has had 3 years in the system, and babin one, so if david deserves more time than babin REALLY deserves more time. Lord some people blow things way out of proportion !!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2005   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I was just trying to defend Babin a bit. I've been drinking the Carr Kool-Aide for the last year myself.

Old 02-02-2005   #13
THEFUTURE
All Pro

the Hulk is hulking up man, getting to pumped about something when he doesnt know what he is talking about... people wanted to be patient when we selected Carr with our first pick, ever! and so we are.... so now Vinny simply thinks the same should be done for Babin, even if we gave up some pick for him... he is a converted DE, he will take some time, people want to much instant success from players, yeah we gave up some, but would you rather have your 2nd and third picks, and risk it on someone else, i wouldnt, give him time, like we give everyone else time, he will come around
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Hulk75 is a good dude. We chatted on pm and he is just a big fan expressing himself. Time for me to go play with my mock draft!

Old 02-02-2005   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny thing to me is that the opening post was about Gary Walker underperforming this year and then the thread spins off into Babin needing to get more sacks and no one connects the dots. If Walker was playing like he did in 2002 Babin would have been much more productive. It's a team sport and the cogs affect each other.
Old 02-02-2005   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
I guess I am just upset that we didnt need to draft this guy because in my opinion peek is better and we allready had this guy.we didnt need to pay a rookie DE millions of dollars when we already had peek.People are saying we need a TE and the titans w/our pick we gave them graped Ben Troupe from florida, I just didnt like the move we made.
Just an FYI--Babin is by no means expensive. He signed a 6 year $7 mil contract so he isn't breaking the bank for a starting LB.
Old 02-02-2005   #17
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Hulk, for what it's worth I agree with you. Babin had 4 sacks, but to me they were in trash time when someone else had put pressure on the QB. I didn't like what we gave up to get Babin, and I still don't. He didn't seem to be aggressive enough doing that spin move. He would just make contact with the defender and do a half hearted move and then just sit there. I know that he had outside containment, but on those 3rd down plays, he just should have been more aggressive. Just my opinion, of course. Others see it differently and that's what makes the world go round.
Old 02-02-2005   #18
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

babain is a good solid player, and i think the texans did a good job by drafting him, sure he may of only had 4 sacks this season, BUT it was his first season, and the NFL is a little harder to play in than college, so with a lil experience he should be much better come next season !
Old 02-02-2005   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Peek and Babin play to different positions . Babin is The strongside LB. Peek is smaller like Wong and is more of the pass rusher . I like Babin I think him and Dunta are two young defenders who play hard and have alot of upside . Carr has done as good a job as you can expect considering the conditions .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005   #20
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

actually Peek and wong play the same position just on different sides, and that would make the OLB (outside line backer), which would make sharper and foreman ILB (inside line backer). So though on different sides there positions and jobs are the same, both to rush the passer, hold containment on the outsides, and sometimes drop back into coverage.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read