Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-12-2009   #1
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Questions for a collegiate teammate of Glover Quin

I moderate the football section of a University of New Mexico site, and was talking to a UNM WR who practiced everyday against Glover Quin for a couple years.

Anyway, I asked him if he would answer any questions that you guys had about him, i.e. was he physical in coverage, is he better in zone or man, how are his ball skills, is he a hard hitter, etc., and he was nice enough to agree to do it.

So if you post it here I will ask him, and post his answers.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Questions for a collegiate teammate of Glover Quin

What were his biggest strengths?

What were his biggest weaknesses?

How was his bump and run coverage? Does he have a strong bump at the line of scrimmage?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Is he fast enough for the NFL?
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What I want to know is if he was one of the first to get to practice/last to leave.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #5
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Is he fast enough for the NFL?
Yes.

My question is how will he handle transitioning from MWC play to NFL play.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Keep in mind, you're asking a fellow college teammate of his. A person who probably knows just as much as we all do about working in the NFL. Questions regarding transitioning to the NFL probably isn't his best forte. We can ask any reporter for his opionion on that. I'd stick to experience with Quin's activities on and off the field since we have a golden opportunity to ask someone how they practiced with him. That you can't ask any blogger, reporter, or poster.

I like the first/last to leave question. Implies his work ethic.

My questions...

How was his social life? Did he carry a playbook with him around campus? Did Quin have a tendency to try and snatch the ball out of his hands (the WR) after the catch or was he more focused on making the tackle?
Old 07-12-2009   #7
J. Sean Wonton
Veteran

Rep Power: 83 J. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respected

Rank the corners that you faced in college and include Glover.
J. Sean Wonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-14-2009   #8
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

In response to all of your questions:

Yeah it's no problem glover was really one of the guys that I looked up especially since I was only a freshmen and he was in his senior year. We took a team vote and he was awarded as our MVP of this past season.

What were his biggest strengths? He loves to play the game. He has fun he enjoys practicing he enjoys getting better day in and day out.

What were his biggest weaknesses? He could add a little bulk

How was his bump and run coverage? Does he have a strong bump at the line of scrimmage? Great bump off the line of scrimmage. I only had one play off press coverage where I got by him cleanly and this was throughout the entire season.

Is he fast enough for the NFL? He's not going to blow anyone away with his 40 speed but he has great reaction and football speed. Knowing angles and timing makes up for a god given quickness.

What I want to know is if he was one of the first to get to practice/last to leave. YES!!!!! thats the first thing I wanted to bring up about Glove. He would already be dressed and on the field before I even showed up to the facilities.

My question is how will he handle transitioning from MWC play to NFL play. This is a good question..... the MWC really didn't have any big name WR's besides Austin Collie of BYU but there were a lot of big physical guys that played that position. I think going against that kind of size will help him adjust better to the size of NFL WR's.

How was his social life? Did he carry a playbook with him around campus? Did Quin have a tendency to try and snatch the ball out of his hands (the WR) after the catch or was he more focused on making the tackle? I never really saw Glove around campus which could mean a few things. I'm guessing he wasn't taking that many credits since he was just a few months from graduating whereas many of the other guys are just goofing off in the food court. Glove is a ball hawk and batted down just about everything that came his way. Saying that he has great fundamentals for tackling, he's not an ankle biter or just throw a shoulder a pray for a big hit.

Comparing him to teammate Deandre Wright (edit note: 6th round? pick of the Giants) who was hyped up much more going into the 08 season there was never a doubt in my mind that Glover was the better corner. Not knocking Deandre since he played through the season with a bad shoulder, Glover stuck out to me as a great player, quiet individual who didn't need to run his mouth but got the work done.

Last edited by jppaul; 07-14-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old 07-14-2009   #9
jppaul
Cut and Dry

I will send him a thank you for taking the time to help us, and if you have anymore questions I will see if I can't ask him again.

Thanks for the questions.
Old 07-14-2009   #10
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaul View Post
Glover stuck out to me as a great player, quiet individual who didn't need to run his mouth but got the work done.
Great, sounds like we have another player who is of high moral fibre.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaul View Post
I will send him a thank you for taking the time to help us, and if you have anymore questions I will see if I can't ask him again.

Thanks for the questions.
Thanks for this, man.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #12
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

disregard.

Last edited by barrett; 07-14-2009 at 05:15 PM.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009   #13
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Thanks for this, man.
Welcome.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read