Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-12-2009   #1
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Another Okam sighting

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/inde...46&play_clip=y

Good interview. Only good things can happen to this team if Okam can step up and into a more prominent role on the DL. Got an interesting tidbit on on Demeco working on blitzing. I'm hearing all the right things I'm just hoping to see major progress by the time TC and the preseason rolls around.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #2
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Another Okam sighting

I loved the bit about 'Meco but as far as Okam.... see you Sunday buddy.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

This time he basically mentioned lining up to rush the QB, as well as tying up 2 players, which ever the coaches ask him to. This will tend to change according to the opponent and the situation. But the neat thing is that this time he mentioned that they were playing him at the 3-technique (where he would be expected to run the gap between the guard and tackle).
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #4
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This time he basically mentioned lining up to rush the QB, as well as tying up 2 players, which ever the coaches ask him to. This will tend to change according to the opponent and the situation. But the neat thing is that this time he mentioned that they were playing him at the 3-technique (where he would be expected to run the gap between the guard and tackle).
In the 4-3 Under alignment, the NT often plays shading to the weakside of the Center. From there, he can either attack the center, shoot the gap, or atttempt to tie up the center and guard. I would expect that is where he would make an impact on this defense if he gets his game together. That, and also situationally in short yardage and goal line situations potentially lining up anywhere inside the tackles.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #5
johndoe
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 johndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVP

The greatest point I got from the interview was when he reassured everyone that he has the desire that it takes to play the game. A lot of people, including myself, often question his commitment; I'm glad he came out and addressed the issue.
Old 07-13-2009   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice interview, I liked hearing his take on the rookies.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read