Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-11-2009   #1
Mac#5
Rookie

Rep Power: 8 Mac#5 was voted MVPMac#5 was voted MVPMac#5 was voted MVP
Default Houston Heat Advantagous???

Do any of you think that playing with the roof open can be an advantage to the team especially how these past couple of weeks have been. Teams from up north (jets) might get overwhelmed with the heat and end up more tired than our players because their used to it.

I remember after IKE we had to play with the roof open and i remember thinking if that was a blessing in disguise for the team because i remember it being really really hot last year too.
Mac#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Heat Advantagous???

Not me. Debilitating heat is good for no one. Yes, the other team may suffer a little bit more but ALL will suffer.

Besides, the fans would pass out and there would be major medical issues as well.

Texans Chick has experienced the heat in the stadium where people were passing out. Ask her if she would like to repeat the experience!
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac#5 View Post
Do any of you think that playing with the roof open can be an advantage to the team especially how these past couple of weeks have been. Teams from up north (jets) might get overwhelmed with the heat and end up more tired than our players because their used to it.

I remember after IKE we had to play with the roof open and i remember thinking if that was a blessing in disguise for the team because i remember it being really really hot last year too.
I always thought this thinking was dumb because players in the NFL are from everywhere all over the country, every team has guys who have grown up in every kind of climate. A guy can live his entire life in the south, go to a school in the south and be drafted by the Jets and heat won't surprise them. Just as when we play up north in Buffalo it won't be a shock for guys like Cushing whose from Jersey or whatever example you wanna throw out there

IMO, weather is waaaayyy overrated
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Maybe so but I don't know. I don't think so. I remember a couple of years ago I was at a home game it was murder outside and the roof was open. Players from both teams were having trouble with the heat and fans were passing out EMS was called in some cases because it was very hot in only the second game of the season. I remember people leaving hotter than a Louisana hot pepper after that game on that day asking why was the roof open. One lady was on the radio saying she was a season ticket holder for all Houston sports teams so she got up and and left and went on over to the Astros game where the AC was on and the roof was closed it was a very bad seen all the way around just ask members of the Blue Crew Tailgate group or any other fan who was there and they will tell you. It was a day that players nor fans would want to relive I promise you that is for sure.

Last edited by gary; 07-11-2009 at 06:33 PM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009   #5
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Pittsburgh game from a few years ago should sum up why we should not open the roof, there is not enough air flow to do it when it's that hot outside.
Old 07-11-2009   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
The Pittsburgh game from a few years ago should sum up why we should not open the roof, there is not enough air flow to do it when it's that hot outside.
What I said.
Old 07-11-2009   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Maybe so but I don't know. I don't think so. I remember a couple of years ago I was at a home game it was murder outside and the roof was open. Players from both teams were having trouble with the heat and fans were passing out EMS was called in some cases because it was very hot in only the second game of the season. I remember people leaving hotter than a Louisana hot pepper after that game on that day asking why was the roof open. One lady was on the radio saying she was a season ticket holder for all Houston sports teams so she got up and and left and went on over to the Astros game where the AC was on and the roof was closed it was a very bad seen all the way around just ask members of the Blue Crew Tailgate group or any other fan who was there and they will tell you. It was a day that players nor fans would want to relive I promise you that is for sure.
I've never had a Louisiana hot pepper before, but I'd like to try some!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-11-2009   #8
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I've never had a Louisiana hot pepper before, but I'd like to try some!
Just get on I-10 East and go straight to Louisiana.
Old 07-11-2009   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Just get on I-10 East and go straight to Louisiana.
I did, a couple of months ago.
There was that place right along I-10, close to a bridge around Lake Charles.

They have the best crawfish that are HOT HOT!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009   #10
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless its 70 or 80 deg on a nice sunny breezy day i think its best we kept the roof closed

the Colts are from pretty Far north in Indy and they used to play in a Dome and have played in houston with the roof open many of times and have no problem beating us open or closed LOL

so i dont think the roof plays a major factor

But they can have it open for all i care i work outside so iam pretty used to the heat
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read