Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-09-2009   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default BR:"Dynasty" Predictions Don't Fit HoustonTexans--Yet

Quote:
Some other posters here at Bleacher Report have hinted at it, while others have boldly proclaimed it.

Are the Houston Texans on the verge of becoming pro football’s next great dynasty?

Give owner Bob McNair’s management team credit: GM Rick Smith and head coach Gary Kubiak have assembled a lot of the right elements. The trick will be bringing those elements together to translate to success on the field.

When you compare what the Texans will be fielding in 2009 with some of the great NFL dynasties of the past, the parallels are there.

Great NFL dynasties always feature a strong head coach who players trust implicitly. I have been impressed by the way Kubiak has imprinted so much of his personality on this team.

Like the legendary Vince Lombardi, Kubiak doesn’t brook dissension. I’ve reviewed a lot of footage of the Texans and have scanned a lot of quotes from the team’s players during Kubiak’s tenure, and one thing which has stood out is the way players talk about their coach.

Even when it’s obvious they disagree with him, you hear things like: “…but he’s the coach, so we’re going to do it his way.”

Players who dissent don’t stay long in Houston.

The other part of the coaching element is called “genius.” It’s way too soon to apply that term to Kubiak, of course, but he has the coaching pedigree.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...fit-texans-yet
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009   #2
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BR:"Dynasty" Predictions Don't Fit HoustonTexans--Yet

Nice find.

I agree with almost the entire thing.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009   #3
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

If this team can show a defense that can shut some teams down I have no problem with this opinion.

I'm not one that gets all emothional and antsy about things but damn... I'm effing amped about this season. I know the offense can handle things and the d is just a step away from crushing bodies.

I'm a cynical muffhugger, but I want to believe in this team. If the D goes out week 1 and 2 and kills bodies I have no reason not to believe we have a hell of a season coming up.
Old 07-09-2009   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to see us have our first winning season in franchise history, before I start throwing around the "D" word. We're putting the cart before the horse with this one.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009   #5
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_NC View Post
If this team can show a defense that can shut some teams down I have no problem with this opinion.
You got that right. It's such a cliche, but really, defense wins championships. We've seen it over and over and over again.

If Frank Bush's squad starts putting fear into other teams, then we can start talking about a dynasty.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009   #6
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
You got that right. It's such a cliche, but really, defense wins championships. We've seen it over and over and over again.

If Frank Bush's squad starts putting fear into other teams, then we can start talking about a dynasty.
Give me a House of Pain D and I'm happy. Mario and Cush and Ryans... hells yes. Kill bodies. That's a simple request right? Break muffhuggers (TM dreadhead) and kill bodies... easy and beautifully effing illustrated.
Old 07-09-2009   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i do think we are on the verge of being the Kings of thr AFC south iam talking like 5 straight Crowns
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-09-2009   #8
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i do think we are on the verge of being the Kings of thr AFC south iam talking like 5 straight Crowns
What that guy said...

Seriously... what else is there? Secondary? Yeah... If the line plays out well this year and the LBs blow up I think we can start celebrating a little bit. I don't care what anyone says, the Offense is there. Schaub stays healthy and we're blowing the damn scoreboard up.

Defense baby... we get that defense on and these guys can't be stopped.

Push Peyton's face into the turf 4 or 5 times in a game... that's money baby.
Old 07-10-2009   #9
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I just got the chills
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Dynasty?! Don't talk about dynasty's! Are you kidding me? Dynasty?! I'm just hoping we can have a winning season!

IMO, putting the words dynasty and Texans together is like trying to force two magnets together. They do not belong together. Ask me after five to ten years worth of consistant winning seasons and I might give you the time of day.

Dynasty? Ha, freakin offseason!
Old 07-10-2009   #11
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

People might balk at speaking of a dynasty for a team who's never even had a winning season. But, people around the NFL have a lot of good things to say about our team. It was only a few weeks ago that Dungy was saying we were only a "confidence piece" away.

I don't think many would be surprised if it happened.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
People might balk at speaking of a dynasty for a team who's never even had a winning season. But, people around the NFL have a lot of good things to say about our team. It was only a few weeks ago that Dungy was saying we were only a "confidence piece" away.

I don't think many would be surprised if it happened.
And there should be people talking about the Texans possibilities this season, just without using the word dynasty.
Old 07-10-2009   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeez the bandwagon fills up and empties quickly around these parts. Dynasty? We've never won 9 games. We've never made it to the playoffs. How in the world can you throw around that word?
Old 07-10-2009   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Dynasty??! Dynasty???!!?!?
Old 07-10-2009   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Dynasty?! Don't talk about dynasty's! Are you kidding me? Dynasty?! I'm just hoping we can have a winning season!

IMO, putting the words dynasty and Texans together is like trying to force two magnets together. They do not belong together. Ask me after five to ten years worth of consistant winning seasons and I might give you the time of day.

Dynasty? Ha, freakin offseason!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Jeez the bandwagon fills up and empties quickly around these parts. Dynasty? We've never won 9 games. We've never made it to the playoffs. How in the world can you throw around that word?

Put me in this camp. Although I very hopeful that it could happen one day, it's way too premature to even use the "d" word.
Old 07-10-2009   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Put me in this camp. Although I very hopeful that it could happen one day, it's way too premature to even use the "d" word.
Heck, it's actually premature to be premature to use the "d" word.
Old 07-10-2009   #17
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Heck, it's actually premature to be premature to use the "d" word.
That's not what your mother said about the 'e' word last night...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
That's not what your mother said about the 'e' word last night...
Dude? You hittin on my Mom?
Old 07-10-2009   #19
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Uhhhh...you can't even start talking about a dynasty until you win a championship...
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009   #20
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

After we win the SB this year, it'll be too early to start talking about dynasty.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read