Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What Do you think about are kicker?

Crazygomer

Practice Squad
I like Kris Brown and what he has done for the Texans. This year though was just not a good year for him. The reason that he is with the Texans is because he had trouble kicking for the Steelers. I know that alot of kickers have trouble at Heinz Field, though Josh Reed seems to be kicking just fine :hmmm:!

This brings me to the topic of the draft or Free Agency. I have heard that we are not going to be going for the big names in the market it this year, or for anybody for that matter. I think that are offense needs alot of work this offseason......WR, O Line, and some other areas. Maybe I'me being to hard on poor Kris, but I think that we could do alot better with a new kicker, because I'm not sure how many games come down to that final field goal! One game that comes to mind is "Green Bay"! :hairpull:

i think Kris brown is a good kicker, he saved us in KC, won the Miami game for us in 2003, and is pretty accurate ! I dont think our offense really needs that much work. I mean we have a talented young group of WR, a SOLID RB, and an O-Line that should be improved by next season, since they would of had a whole year of playing together. Oh and about kris brown, i mean how many other kickers have ya seen actually tackle on Kick offs :heh: ???

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
I too have felt rather iffy about Kris Brown over the past season. I wouldn't mind seeing someone really push him in the offseason for his spot. I know he did get hurt at one time during the season so that may have had something to do with it. Wouldn't be mad if he made the team and really wouldn't be upset if someone else beat him out.

redlion

Noob
Wasn't he playing hurt the second half of the season? or was that our punter.
Either way the kicker position should'nt even be a concern for the team, concentrate more on the offense and defense and hopefully all we'll need him for is the kickoffs. ;)

F-minus67

Veteran
I think this team has a few more need than a kicker right now, I mean we should feel lucky that we don't have the problems that the Bucs had with Grammaica.

JustBonee

Veteran
redlion said:
Wasn't he playing hurt the second half of the season? or was that our punter.
Both were injured and playing hurt. Brown and Stanley should be cut a little slack while they rehab and try to get back to 100%. :twocents:

pek281

Noob
Brown is easily a Top Ten kicker in the league. He sure had a tough year this past season though. Brown's one of the few kickers in the league who can do both kickoffs (strong enough leg to boot it through the end-zone for no return) and also be an accurate field goal kicker.

Compared to a lot of teams in the league that don't have his combination, that's one less guy you have to have on the roster

ccdude730

Veteran
im not sure about top 10 but when he kicks a field goal within the 40 he is usually pretty accurate and id rather have that then a guy that can kick a 55 yard inconsistantly. he needs to work on whatever the heck happened and get better though.

but overall i like OUR kicker...btw can we please change the thread title?