Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-03-2009   #21
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak's future

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
I wonder IF Kubiak got tossed if he'd be in line for another head coaching job anywhere else?

Asking you guys..is he thought of highly around the league or just another coach? I don't watch all the ESPN's and NFLN like so many do here...
My guess would be OC'ing for whatever team hires Shanahan

The Texans would not be his last HC job if we let him go tho
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #22
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

depends on who is avabile at the time If cower or shannhan wants to be our coach then yeah kubes is on the hot seat if neither of the two wanna be coach for houston then Maybe Kubes is not on the hot seat even if we only win like 7 games
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #23
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wonder IF Kubiak got tossed if he'd be in line for another head coaching job anywhere else?

Asking you guys..is he thought of highly around the league or just another coach? I don't watch all the ESPN's and NFLN like so many do here...
If he got tossed, I would be surprised if he's snatched up as a HC. He would have accomplished nothing if he's fired to put him in line for a job as a head coach. I think people would view his reign (assuming 8-8 or worse next year) as a failure given the talent on this team and the rumblings of "watch out for the Texans this coming season" that we've been hearing the past couple of years.

Of course, as long as the Detroit Lions are around, there will always be a team that would hire anyone or anything, even if it were a piece of gum stuck to the bottom of a shoe. So good luck, you chewed up and spit out piece of Hubba Bubba...the Lions have their eyes on you!

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #24
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

All the fans on the Broncos message boards are waiting for McDaniels to fail and then they all want to hire Kubes.
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #25
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
My guess would be OC'ing for whatever team hires Shanahan

The Texans would not be his last HC job if we let him go tho
I hadn't thought of him doing that. You are probably right. Of course I'm sure he likes doing what he's doing right now. Thanks for the input.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #26
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
If he got tossed, I would be surprised if he's snatched up as a HC. He would have accomplished nothing if he's fired to put him in line for a job as a head coach. I think people would view his reign (assuming 8-8 or worse next year) as a failure given the talent on this team and the rumblings of "watch out for the Texans this coming season" that we've been hearing the past couple of years.

Of course, as long as the Detroit Lions are around, there will always be a team that would hire anyone or anything, even if it were a piece of gum stuck to the bottom of a shoe. So good luck, you chewed up and spit out piece of Hubba Bubba...the Lions have their eyes on you!
I honestly don't even know who the current Lions coach is. Probably should as an NFL fan but I don't.
Old 07-04-2009   #27
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes it is definitely true that this is a very important year for Mr. Kubiak. My only question though is who would we replace him with?

I don't see Bill Cowher, Mike Shanahan, or Jon Gruden as being potential candidates. So who would we be interested in?

Unless the Texans totally tank next season, I want Kubiak to stay. Even if we go 8-8 again. (Hopefully not though!)
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-04-2009   #28
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 25097 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't we just go through like a hundred pages of this already?

Ok it was only 26 pages of Kubes on the hotseat.
Old 07-04-2009   #29
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
Didn't we just go through like a hundred pages of this already?

Ok it was only 26 pages of Kubes on the hotseat.
Yes, we've already established that Kubiak, just like any coach that isn't within 2-3 yrs of a Super Bowl appearance, is on the "hot seat".

My question to all those who say "playoffs or fire the bum" continues to be: who will replace Kubiak?
I agree with Mari-Owned. Neither Cowher nor Shanahan is likely to come here - I see Jerry Jones picking up one of them as Wade Phillips' replacement after they fail to make the playoffs again this year. Dan Synder probably picks up the other one after the Jim Zorn experiment fails ...again. Both of those teams made "big splash moves" this off-season, so if they don't make the playoffs heads will roll.

I detest Gruden so much that I'd burn all my Texans gear if they hired him. I mean it.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009   #30
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I honestly don't even know who the current Lions coach is. Probably should as an NFL fan but I don't.
I don't think there's anything wrong with not knowing who the Lions's coach is, as they are in the NFL by technicality only. Don't beat yourself up, NFL fan!

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 07-04-2009   #31
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I don't think there's anything wrong with not knowing who the Lions's coach is, as they are in the NFL by technicality only. Don't beat yourself up, NFL fan!
The bad thing is I'm too lazy to even look it up.
Old 07-04-2009   #32
Lucky

Rep Power: 161176 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
My question to all those who say "playoffs or fire the bum" continues to be: who will replace Kubiak?
That's a horrible reason to keep a head coach. Either the coach is getting the job done, or he's not. Fear of replacing an unsuccessful coach is nonsensical.

Quote:
Former Titan DC Jim Schwartz. Sadly, I didn't have to look it up.
Old 07-04-2009   #33
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They just signed the Titans ex-defensive coordinator. Jim Schwartz....too bad the Lions couldn't let him bring Fat Albert with him.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009   #34
Lucky

Rep Power: 161176 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
They just signed the Titans ex-defensive coordinator. Jim Schwartz....
And, I believe, a good hire. Guess the Lions weren't afraid of change?
Old 07-04-2009   #35
norcaltexan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
And, I believe, a good hire. Guess the Lions weren't afraid of change?
after going 0 and 16 whats to be afraid of?
norcaltexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009   #36
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Well there you go guys..Coach Schwartz..thanks.

Detroit seems to have the pox right now..the city is in horrible shape, the mayor is/was a crook and the Red Wings lost the Cup.

Eck! Maybe the Lions can win a game or two this year.
Old 07-04-2009   #37
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
They just signed the Titans ex-defensive coordinator. Jim Schwartz....too bad the Lions couldn't let him bring Fat Albert with him.
If the Lions have ANY success this year, what's the over/under on the city making some sort of Space Balls "believe in the Schwartz!" reference?

Old 07-04-2009   #38
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcaltexan View Post
after going 0 and 16 whats to be afraid of?
And if the Texans have a 4th consecutive non-winning, non-playoff season (0-fer franchise history, to boot), they should be just as fearless.
Old 07-04-2009   #39
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That's a horrible reason to keep a head coach. Either the coach is getting the job done, or he's not. Fear of replacing an unsuccessful coach is nonsensical.
I suppose I didn't make myself clear. Fear has nothing to do with my question. I genuinely do not see anyone that's significantly better than the coaching team we've already assembled. And before people mention Cowher, ask yourself just how successful he would have been if he had Richard Smith running his defense instead of Dick LeBeau.

And regarding being "unsuccessful", I guess there are 20 "unsuccessful" coaches every season since only 12 out of 32 teams make the playoffs. So by that definition, there should be 20 guys looking for jobs every year.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009   #40
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I suppose I didn't make myself clear. Fear has nothing to do with my question. I genuinely do not see anyone that's significantly better than the coaching team we've already assembled. And before people mention Cowher, ask yourself just how successful he would have been if he had Richard Smith running his defense instead of Dick LeBeau.

And regarding being "unsuccessful", I guess there are 20 "unsuccessful" coaches every season since only 12 out of 32 teams make the playoffs. So by that definition, there should be 20 guys looking for jobs every year.
how many of them have four or five consecutive non-winning, non-playoff seasons?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read