Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What stretch of the NFL year is the hardest for YOU?
Playoffs: We're not in it, so we watch other games 0 0%
The time between the Super Bowl and the Draft 5 6.67%
The time between the Draft and Training Camp 45 60.00%
The time between Training Camp and Regular Season 4 5.33%
The WHOLE off-season is rough; too hard to vote on one option 21 28.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2009   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Poll: What's the roughest part of the NFL year for YOU?

Just wondering what stretch of time is the hardest for Texans fans.

Since we're anxious about Training Camp, and still have several weeks to go, I thought this would be a good, non-combative way to vent some frustrations and talk amongst all us Texans counselors!

So vote, and tell us what option you picked and why.

Last edited by GP; 07-02-2009 at 11:44 PM.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Poll: What's the roughest part of the NFL year for YOU?

I voted Draft to TC.... because abso-friggin'-lutely nothing happens. At least before the draft we have 34,000,000 mocks and free agency.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I voted Draft to TC.... because abso-friggin'-lutely nothing happens. At least before the draft we have 34,000,000 mocks and free agency.
That's what I voted for, too.

There's a lot of debate during the lead-up to the draft, sort of like Christmas Eve. And just like you play with Christmas toys and run all the fun out of them within a few days, the time between the draft and TC gets old very quickly.

We know what we have. Most of them wait awhile before signing. And we'd just generally like to see the team in pads and on the field again.
Old 07-02-2009   #4
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for the entire offseason. It's just really killing me right now...
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #5
NEB74
Rookie

from OTA's til training camp cause nothing happens and there's nothing NFL related on
NEB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
I voted for the entire offseason. It's just really killing me right now...
Then find a hobby. Pansy.

Just kidding.

Won't be around the boards until next week. Have a good and safe 4th of July everyone--And I'm looking at YOU, Mr. Benson....
Old 07-03-2009   #7
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, the scraps of the NFL that exist in the time between season are like methodone for a heroin addiction, but right now I feel like I am in withdrawls.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-03-2009   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

In a normal year I'd say the time between the draft and training camp .... This year I gotta go with the playoffs , especially the Superbowl .... Having to watch the team I hate the most win another one over a team than has been pathetic for a decade .... ugh.

Just once I want to see my favorite team playing for this thing ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #9
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for between draft and TC.

The worst time of year for football is now between OTA's and TC.

I'm ready for some football.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #10
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63030 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted time between draft and TC too. What I'm wondering is:

Are we voting for that time because it's really the worst? Or because right now we are in that time period, just days from TC?
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #11
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted the time between the Super Bowl and the Draft. Knowing that I wait sooo long for the season to begin, when it's finally over it's hard for me to accept it! The draft just seems like eternity away. I keep myself sane by going to numerous mocks.
Old 07-03-2009   #12
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63030 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
I voted the time between the Super Bowl and the Draft. Knowing that I wait sooo long for the season to begin, when it's finally over it's hard for me to accept it! The draft just seems like eternity away. I keep myself sane by going to numerous mocks.
That's kind of what I meant with my previous question. If this poll had been held a few weeks before the draft, with everyone giddy over who we're gonna take, are we gonna trade up/down, etc., I think more people would agree with you. If it had been asked the day after we got knocked out of the playoffs (hey, I can dream -- it's all hypothetical), there'd be a lot of people voting for the "Playoffs: We're not in it, so we watch other games " option.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Between training camp and the regular season for me. The summers keep me more than busy with baseball and once training camp comes along I can taste the coming season. By then I'm ready for some football.
Old 07-03-2009   #14
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

From draft to training camp for me. I get very impatient and there's really nothing football related going on except the annual Brett Favre fiasco.
Old 07-03-2009   #15
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

the dog days begin for me right after the superbowl b/c i realize i won't see any quality football for a couple of months. By the time OTA's roll around i'm jumping around like a teenage girl at a jonas brothers concert..
Mr teX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #16
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

For me, it's the bye week. I frigging hate flipping on the TV knowing that the Texans do not play for another whole week while watching the rest of the league play football. Ugh. It's like a week with a hole in my throat.

Not having the Texans play during football season.... ugh!
Old 07-03-2009   #17
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Draft to TC. There is soo nothing football related going on - it makes me a little crazy. It is fishing season, which is good, but it ain't football. For some reason, this year seems worse than years' past to me.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #18
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

The offseason period. In fact, this thread is making it even worse by rubbing it in
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #19
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Poll: What's the roughest part of the NFL year for YOU?

I went with the draft to TC, but for me the worst is the draft to July. I watch the CFL until TC for some football fix. I'm watching the Saskatchewan- BC game right now (25-14 Sask.), but BC is on the 6 yard line... they just scored a TD-missed the 2 point conversion, so 25-20 now
Old 07-03-2009   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

right now...the nsz forum is like watching Bill Murray's Groundhog day with the same characters spewing the same posture on the same issues over and over and over. It's like nobody thinks for themselves and we have nothing but people spewing partisan talking points from talk radio and the blogosphere. I'd talk more football but I'm really more into breaking down what I saw as opposed to talking about what the team is going to do with players I haven't seen play...oh, I should have just let them freeze me and I wouldn't be mr grumpy pants in the offseason. I'd just have another month to defrost and I'd be good.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read