Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-02-2009   #1
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 36624 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anyone up for maybe tailgating at road show watch parties...

Hey...One of the bars we normally go to is under new management and they are looking to see how much interest there is in getting a good group of people to come to the bar and watch the Texans when they are on the road.

This bar is up on the northwest side (Hwy 249 & Jones Rd area). They hope to have the patio redone before football season to get it covered with ceiling fans and maybe a misting system to keep things cool installed.

One of the things that that are looking into is opening up part of the parking lot to allow tailgating. They are still checking into the full logistics into what they can and can't do, so I hope to have more information in a few days.

At minimum they are planning on doing some food specials (hot dog buffet, nachos, pizza, etc).

As far as the drinks they are looking at trying to do a Bloody Mary bar where you would choose your vodka and they would have all the fixings so you can make it just they way you like it. They are also thinking about frozen Bellinis as well as other drink specials (some percentage off, buy one get one free, etc) for people that show up in Texans gear.

Let me know if you would be interested in doing this and I can have some info to go back to them and see if we can get this done.
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #2
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anyone up for maybe tailgating at road show watch parties...

This sounds cool - Plus it's on my side of town. As usual, people will complain about the drive, but I know plenty of NWsiders are on this msg board.

Let me know - I'm in.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

If it fails, Mollys pub on the northside will allow tailgating. All they have to do is rope off the parking spots and its a go.
Just another option for you guys.
They figured out how to get around it.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Anyone up for maybe tailgating at road show watch parties...

If they truly end up allowing tailgating we'd make a trip or two Otherwise, we may end up watching most of the games (hopefully) in the new house!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Anyone up for maybe tailgating at road show watch parties...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
If it fails, Mollys pub on the northside will allow tailgating. All they have to do is rope off the parking spots and its a go.
Just another option for you guys.
They figured out how to get around it.
BTW - that's awesome. Every bar I've ever asked said they just got laughed at by the landlord. We'll have to make the trip for a game.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

All you guys have to do is let me know. The manager and the owner is 100% cool with the idea. They will rope off the 6 parking spots immediatley in front of the bar, and allow tailgating. I just need a weeks notice and it will get done.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read