Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 06-27-2009   #1
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Haynesworth: VY needs "a ticket out of Nashville"

Haynesworth Thinks Vince Young Needs A Ticket Out Of Nashville

Posted by Aaron Wilson on June 26, 2009, 7:56 p.m.
Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth didn’t mince words when asked if he thought former teammate Vince Young had any chance to regain his starting quarterback job with the Tennessee Titans.
During an interview with Adam Schein and Jim Miller of NFL Sirius Radio, Haynesworth prefaced his remarks by stating that Young is a good friend. Then, he made it clear that he thinks his friend needs a change of scenery as soon as possible.
“Vince is a really good friend of mine, but I just don’t see it happening in Nashville,” Haynesworth said. “I think he has to go elsewhere and start over. I’ve been in that organization and when you fall out of the good graces with certain people, you’re not going to get back in there.”
Ranking second on the depth chart behind Kerry Collins and holding a big contract that makes him essentially uncuttable and unable to be traded because of the financial ramifications, Young is unlikely to be going to another team anytime soon.
At least not this year.
“I don’t think they’ll trade him because of the salary-cap hit,” Haynesworth said. “I think he can succeed elsewhere. He’s an awesome quarterback. He’s an amazing talent.”
Does Young possess the mental toughness to succeed in light of his extremely emotional responses to being benched and being injured?
“I think they really blew it out of proportion,” Haynesworth said. “He’s a very passionate guy. When things aren’t going his way, he gets down on himself. All those reports that he refused to go back in the game and everything else, they kind of blew it out.
“They can make you there or they can break you there. That’s why I think it’s time for him to go start his career elsewhere and be that Hall of Fame quarterback that he can be.”
When asked if Young still wants to play for the Titans, Haynesworth said: “I would think so. I haven’t asked him that question. He doesn’t want to leave a sour taste in people’s mouths. He wants to make everyone happy. He wants to make the fans happy and probably go elsewhere after his contract is over.”
Haynesworth declined to elaborate when asked if Young is in Titans coach Jeff Fisher’s doghouse.
“I’m not saying any names,” he said, adding that his relationship with Fisher was just okay. “Some good things and bad things. I don’t hate the man.”
When asked why his relationship with Fisher wasn’t a better one, Haynesworth replied: “I have no clue. Things happen over time and it changed.”

brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Haynesworth: VY needs "a ticket out of Nashville"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Haynesworth Thinks Vince Young Needs A Ticket Out Of Nashville

Posted by Aaron Wilson on June 26, 2009, 7:56 p.m.
Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth didn’t mince words when asked if he thought former teammate Vince Young had any chance to regain his starting quarterback job with the Tennessee Titans.
During an interview with Adam Schein and Jim Miller of NFL Sirius Radio, Haynesworth prefaced his remarks by stating that Young is a good friend. Then, he made it clear that he thinks his friend needs a change of scenery as soon as possible.
“Vince is a really good friend of mine, but I just don’t see it happening in Nashville,” Haynesworth said. “I think he has to go elsewhere and start over. I’ve been in that organization and when you fall out of the good graces with certain people, you’re not going to get back in there.”
Ranking second on the depth chart behind Kerry Collins and holding a big contract that makes him essentially uncuttable and unable to be traded because of the financial ramifications, Young is unlikely to be going to another team anytime soon.
At least not this year.
“I don’t think they’ll trade him because of the salary-cap hit,” Haynesworth said. “I think he can succeed elsewhere. He’s an awesome quarterback. He’s an amazing talent.”
Does Young possess the mental toughness to succeed in light of his extremely emotional responses to being benched and being injured?
“I think they really blew it out of proportion,” Haynesworth said. “He’s a very passionate guy. When things aren’t going his way, he gets down on himself. All those reports that he refused to go back in the game and everything else, they kind of blew it out.
“They can make you there or they can break you there. That’s why I think it’s time for him to go start his career elsewhere and be that Hall of Fame quarterback that he can be.”
When asked if Young still wants to play for the Titans, Haynesworth said: “I would think so. I haven’t asked him that question. He doesn’t want to leave a sour taste in people’s mouths. He wants to make everyone happy. He wants to make the fans happy and probably go elsewhere after his contract is over.”
Haynesworth declined to elaborate when asked if Young is in Titans coach Jeff Fisher’s doghouse.
“I’m not saying any names,” he said, adding that his relationship with Fisher was just okay. “Some good things and bad things. I don’t hate the man.”
When asked why his relationship with Fisher wasn’t a better one, Haynesworth replied: “I have no clue. Things happen over time and it changed.”

Maybe cause Jeff doesn't like when his players stomp on other's player's heads? That MIGHT have caused a problem in their relationship....
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009   #3
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince's best bet is to stay in Tennessee IMO. Kerry Collins at most will play just two more seasons with the Titans, which will leave Young as the "future."

If Vince were to go anywhere else, he would most likely still be competing for the starting job.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199937 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
Vince's best bet is to stay in Tennessee IMO. Kerry Collins at most will play just two more seasons with the Titans, which will leave Young as the "future."

If Vince were to go anywhere else, he would most likely still be competing for the starting job.
You're taking for granted that he is even CAPABLE of COMPETING for a starting job. My take is no matter whether in Tacksland or Fairy Land, if any team is desparate enough to have him placed as a starter, he will quickly make his swan song and permanently disappear into Never Never Land.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009   #5
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to see VY go join Haynesworth in Washington. I think that would cause a meltdown with all of these Dallas Cowboy / VY fans around here. They would be like us and forced to hate on the guy or start rooting against their own team. That would be pretty funny if you ask me.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

He can go to Gracelands and hunt mummies with Elvis.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

IMO Young is slowly but surely becoming one of those top draft picks that won't end up living up to all of his predraft hype in 2006. If Kerry ends up playing two more seasons then that would leave Young on the bench and not getting his next chance to start untill his 5th season in the NFL. Look at the Mario pick which is already paying off for the Texans. Both Vince and Mario were drafted in the same draft class and we as fans clearly see the Texans made the right pick. If Young is going to make his mark he has to do so sooner rather than later waiting another two seasons won't be a good thing and might be costly.
Sponsored links
Old 06-27-2009   #8
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

God, I love these threads!
Old 06-27-2009   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

I just do not think Young will pan out quite like the way Mario has thus far but we'll see how everything goes. Matt Ryan in his rookie season played very well Young is not even a starter right now.
Old 06-27-2009   #10
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Why does he need out of Tenn? He's already proved he can't take the job from a mediocre QB like Kerry Collins. He also hasn't showed anyone that he is willing to do what it takes to be an elite QB. What's a move to any other team or city going to do? Inspire him to get back on the path of "greatness"?

At this point much his best bet might be to petition the NCAA for another season of eligibility at UT.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009   #11
gary
Hall of Fame

Young isn't willing to learn and that will end up hurting him in the long run.
Old 06-29-2009   #12
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

"a ticket out of Tennesee" should be their state motto...oh wait it is "the Volunteer" state. Why do they volunteer to leave their state? Davy Crockett had it right "Better to die in Texas then live in Tennesee"....(may not be an exact quote there)
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009   #13
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I would love to see VY go join Haynesworth in Washington. I think that would cause a meltdown with all of these Dallas Cowboy / VY fans around here. They would be like us and forced to hate on the guy or start rooting against their own team. That would be pretty funny if you ask me.
I'd pay to see that!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

VY isn't going anywhere. He'll remain in Tennessee and be unhappy.

His best bet is to just shut up and play his ass off in pre season and try and show that he's improved instead of mouthing off to the media.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009   #15
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

If something major does not happen this season Young will be unemployed at least from the Titans perspective. He is a huge cap hit next season and we are not going to waste that money on a #2 QB. He either renegotiated or is gone.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009   #16
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
He can go to Gracelands and hunt mummies with Elvis.
Must spread rep for Bubba Ho-Tep references.

Old 06-29-2009   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_NC View Post
Must spread rep for Bubba Ho-Tep references.

Got it for you!!

I thought Bubba Ho-Tep took place in East Texas..
Old 06-29-2009   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Got it for you!!

I thought Bubba Ho-Tep took place in East Texas..
Yes, in "Mud Creek, Texas." The mummy, when decked out in all the Texas wardrobe stuff, looked like the album cover for heavy metal bands back in the early 80s!

Bubba Ho-Tep was a great unknown movie! A lot of cussing, though.

Bruce Campbell was awesome in that movie. Clever plot. B-movie feel to it.

Did you know it was shot on like a $500,000 budget? Pretty amazing that Bruce jumped in there, and so did Ossie Davis, for what was essentially a B-movie. I like it a lot.
Old 06-29-2009   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Old 06-29-2009   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
That would be the gift of all gifts.

Those fans would be paralyzed. LOL. Oh, that would be fantastic...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read