Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-25-2009   #1
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Slaton switched agents

Houston Texans running back Steve Slaton has switched agents, according to a league source.

And we’ve confirmed through NFL Players Association records that Slaton is now represented by Harold Lewis of National Sports Agency in St. Louis.

yep
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Slaton switched agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Frank View Post
Houston Texans running back Steve Slaton has switched agents, according to a league source.

And we’ve confirmed through NFL Players Association records that Slaton is now represented by Harold Lewis of National Sports Agency in St. Louis.

yep
Is that Dunta & OD's guy?
Old 06-25-2009   #3
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Is that Dunta & OD's guy?
Dunta and OD have different "guys," but Harold Lewis is not either or their agents.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Dunta and OD have different "guys," but Harold Lewis is not either or their agents.
My error. I thought one of the agents represented two players like Ryans and somebody or OD and..? Why is it newsworthy that Slaton has new agent as he is under contract?
Old 06-25-2009   #5
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta and OD do have the same agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009   #6
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Dunta and OD do have the same agent.
No they don't. Dunta's agent is Jason Chayut. OD's agents are Alan Herman and Dave Butz. Their agents work for the same firm, Sportstars, Inc., but they do not have the same agents.
Old 06-25-2009   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
No they don't. Dunta's agent is Jason Chayut. OD's agents are Alan Herman and Dave Butz. Their agents work for the same firm, but they do not have the same agents.
The former Redskin?
Old 06-25-2009   #8
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
The former Redskin?
I don't think so, but I could be wrong.
Old 06-25-2009   #9
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why is it newsworthy that Slaton has new agent as he is under contract?
the way I interpret the switch, is that he might be a little unhappy with the deal the original agent made for him, and he wants to be positioned stronger when extending his contract talks begin.

if he plays as he did last season, well, in my best John Malkovich voice..."pay that man his money".

Old 06-25-2009   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yike! The Texans have not even get to the play-offs yet, and a boat load of their players are already setting themselves up for big pay days!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009   #11
DoCRoN
Veteran

Section: 608!!
Rep Power: 1328 DoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
the way I interpret the switch, is that he might be a little unhappy with the deal the original agent made for him, and he wants to be positioned stronger when extending his contract talks begin.

if he plays as he did last season, well, in my best John Malkovich voice..."pay that man his money".

Who's John Malkovich? Don't you mean Teddy KGB?
Old 06-25-2009   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
The former Redskin?
One and the same
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Yike! The Texans have not even get to the play-offs yet, and a boat load of their players are already setting themselves up for big pay days!
Sounds fair to me. The same level of success has made Kubiak a great coach with a guaranteed job for many years, right?
Old 06-25-2009   #14
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No they don't. Dunta's agent is Jason Chayut. OD's agents are Alan Herman and Dave Butz. Their agents work for the same firm, Sportstars, Inc., but they do not have the same agents.
looks like the same a-hole to me
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You must not have heard... it's a bidness. Except for the fan.
Old 06-26-2009   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You must not have heard... it's a bidness. Except for the fan.
Guess I'll set up a sport agency and go after the PWL circuit.
Wait, don't tell me you had that market corner already!

Hey Runner, I think some of them contracts they're seeking are "market equitable", not all of them.

Kubiak's contract is what? Something like $10M for 5 years?
And Mike Shanahan left the Broncos with $20M for the remainder 3 years.
Seems to me Kubiak's contract is nothing extravagant.
I don't know of many people who thinks Kubiak is a GREAT coach at this moment (even though they like him very much.)
And who is to say that he is set for years to come?
I don't think anything is guaranteed in the NFL, especially for the coaches.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read