Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-24-2009   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Open Training Camp Dates!

July 31 8:30-10:45 AM
August 1 8:30-10:45 AM
August 2 8:30-10:45 AM
August 3 8:30-10:45 AM
August 6 7:15-9:15 PM

Tickets @ Wing Stop Locations

Which ones will y'all be attending. I can only make the weekend ones and maybe the Thursday night one.

Link
Old 06-24-2009   #2
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Open Training Camp Dates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post

Which ones will y'all be attending. I can only make the weekend ones and maybe the Thursday night one.

Link
The tickets are going to be given out at Wing Stop this year. I wonder why there.
Old 06-24-2009   #3
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
The tickets are going to be given out at Wing Stop this year. I wonder why there.
So they can get some people to buy some wings! I wonder how much it costs to be the vendor of the tickets? It definitely will get some people in the door, but how many of those people will make a purchase?
Old 06-24-2009   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Who doesn't like wings and free football tickets?

Not this guy!
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So they can get some people to buy some wings! I wonder how much it costs to be the vendor of the tickets? It definitely will get some people in the door, but how many of those people will make a purchase?
Not me. They charge too much for their wings. They're good for sure but way too much money. I can make my own just fine BY FAR cheaper.
Old 06-24-2009   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Who doesn't like wings and free football tickets?

Not this guy!
I am not disagreeing with you at all I am just wondering what happend with the bank. That is all man.
Old 06-24-2009   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am not disagreeing with you at all I am just wondering what happend with the bank. That is all man.
Do you remember what happened last year and the year before that? There were some issues and it looks like those issues may have been resolved.

Maybe the bank just didn't want to do this anymore.
Old 06-24-2009   #8
gary
Hall of Fame

That is what I first thought as I do remember all the problems over the past two years with the bank.
Old 06-24-2009   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Mark my words. There will be problems at Wing Stop, as well.

Why not just distribute the tickets on a Saturday at Reliant? Give everyone an armband and and limit the number to like 6 a practice. Invite the cheerleaders and make it a party. I guess that would be too freakin' easy.
Old 06-24-2009   #10
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

If there free I'll go but with the 100 degree heat I think I'll just sit on the couch and watch NFL Network and hopefully they cover the Texans.

Last edited by Texan4Ever; 06-25-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #11
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

What is the first day the tickets will be available at Wingstop?
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Mark my words. There will be problems at Wing Stop, as well.

Why not just distribute the tickets on a Saturday at Reliant? Give everyone an armband and and limit the number to like 6 a practice. Invite the cheerleaders and make it a party. I guess that would be too freakin' easy.
Because I am sure Wing Stop paid them money. They try to monetize everything--from the name of the parking lots, to each page of their website. They've done a nice job of it too--getting stadium naming deals and radio deals before the market went south.
Old 06-24-2009   #13
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Because I am sure Wing Stop paid them money. They try to monetize everything--from the name of the parking lots, to each page of their website. They've done a nice job of it too--getting stadium naming deals and radio deals before the market went south.
Spot on. There's no money to be made in having a big party where the tickets are given out in an orderly fashion. It's much easier & more profitable for the Texans to leave it up to whichever franchise makes them the best offer.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009   #14
kozanack
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 kozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
You'd better hope they don't notice your name, or you might receive a bill in the mail.
kozanack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009   #15
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Well looks like we are going to be limited to six tickets per person, with the max of TWO practices.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6496128.html

On a side note, I will be in CO for a week while tickets are being given out. I would like tickets to every practice, so if anyone can pick any up for me, or has any extra, I'd sure appreciate it.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009   #16
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

whaddaya say jack? wanna make a trip?
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Link
All of them.

What's up with the 4 practices in a row at the very beginning of camp? I reckon they want to get open dates out of the way quickly.
Old 06-25-2009   #18
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Link
Are they giving them away at the San Antonio locations? I for some reason want to vacate my city around training camp and may need somewhere to go. Its that or have to endure the thousands of obnoxious Cowboy fans polluting my personal space. Plus I am not looking forward to have to explain why there is a giant sucking sound emenating from the Alamodome to my son. He is 4 and that loud of a noise may scare him.

How can we out of towners get tickets to camp? Are we supposed to wait on the crack regional marketing team of the Texans to help us out?
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

When will they be available?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009   #20
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

a lot of yall will be attending many times, can some of yall keep us posted on practice HL's, thanks
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read