Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-23-2009   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171776 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default T.o. Biaaatched

T.O.'s expression is priceless:

Quote:
T.O. Gets T-Owned

Finally, someone has done something that Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb, and Tony Romo have each failed to do.

Terrell Owens has been put in his place.

The author of the T.O. verbal smackdown is Joanna Krupa, a Polish-born model who is T.O.ís teammate on the ABC í70s-throwback reality competition Superstars.

For the first time in his life, Owens is speechless.

But Krupa isnít speechless, and so we suggest turning down the speakers or ushering the kids out of the room before she makes like Kramer at the dentistís office.
WATCH THE VIDEO
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #2
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: T.o. Biaaatched

I guess this means that we'll be seeing TO for years on reality shows. I really wish this reality show sage would die at some point but unfortunately I think these god awful shows are going to be around for the next 10 to 20 years where the most annoying people will continue to stick around.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I guess this means that we'll be seeing TO for years on reality shows. I really wish this reality show sage would die at some point but unfortunately I think these god awful shows are going to be around for the next 10 to 20 years where the most annoying people will continue to stick around.
This sort of stuff comes and goes in cycles.

But stars whose fame is fading will always find some show or another to appear on. When sitcoms are king, then they'll show up on sitcoms. When game shows are king, they'll show up on game shows. When reality shows are king, they'll show up on reality shows.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I love Krupa too. Picked her in my Hot Chicks Draft last year ..
Old 06-23-2009   #5
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Nobody has ever told TO to shut up? Seriously?

Or nobody with a vagina has ever told TO to shut up? My guess is the hanging portion of the population would get a big, angry dude in your face for that type of comment. At least TO has some manners, not confronting a lady, through all his shenanigans.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #6
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

STDs think once you get a TO you're screwed.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
This sort of stuff comes and goes in cycles.

But stars whose fame is fading will always find some show or another to appear on. When sitcoms are king, then they'll show up on sitcoms. When game shows are king, they'll show up on game shows. When reality shows are king, they'll show up on reality shows.
They wouldn't be able to find any roles on real tv shows other than a cameo here and there. Reality shows have completely taken over television now. Things may go in cycles, but this cycle has gone on for a while now with reality tv and I don't see it going anywhere for a long time with how successful this garbage is. It's not like they're getting more creative with this stuff either. It's the same recycled bullshit on different networks over and over with these tired ass celebs that go on some surivor type of show or where they do a bunch of stupid challenges like running through a few hoops or some competition to see who can eat the most **** roaches or rat tails the fastest. Then you have these silly shows where some silly whore gets a show about her pathetic life of wanting to be famous.

What happened to this country to where talent actually mattered and real entertainment actually took place? It's freaking embarrassing at this point actually. I know other countries have their trash shows and all, but if I lived in another country and saw all of the garbage that's all over our networks now, I'd be laughing at Americans right now.

I remember the good old days when sitcoms ruled, and good tv drama series were the thing where real actors who paid their dues got the lime light or were the celebs. Now all we hear about everywhere we go is about some pathetic "John and Kate" garbage or everywhere I look I see these crappy couples about "Spencer and Heidi" of whoever they are.

Whatever happened to some good ole Matlock, Cheers, Seinfeld, Dallas, Columbo, The A team, and etc. Not that all of those shows were the best or anything, but at least they were real shows with producers who looked to create something good and entertaining to bring to life. Not some pathetic reality show with some celeberty burn outs who are drunks and some pathetic whores who just want to be famous but don't have one talented bone in their body where they just put them into a house or some island and give them a ton of booze and let them destroy shit.

Last edited by Texecutioner; 06-23-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 06-23-2009   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They wouldn't be able to find any roles on real tv shows other than a cameo here and there. Reality shows have completely taken over television now. Things may go in cycles, but this cycle has gone on for a while now with reality tv and I don't see it going anywhere for a long time with how successful this garbage is. It's not like they're getting more creative with this stuff either. It's the same recycled bullshit on different networks over and over with these tired ass celebs that go on some surivor type of show or where they do a bunch of stupid challenges like running through a few hoops or some competition to see who can eat the most **** roaches or rat tails the fastest. Then you have these silly shows where some silly whore gets a show about her pathetic life of wanting to be famous.

What happened to this country to where talent actually mattered and real entertainment actually took place? It's freaking embarrassing at this point actually. I know other countries have their trash shows and all, but if I lived in another country and saw all of the garbage that's all over our networks now, I'd be laughing at Americans right now.

I remember the good old days when sitcoms ruled, and good tv drama series were the thing where real actors who paid their dues got the lime light or were the celebs. Now all we hear about everywhere we go is about some pathetic "John and Kate" garbage or everywhere I look I see these crappy couples about "Spencer and Heidi" of whoever they are.

Whatever happened to some good ole Matlock, Cheers, Seinfeld, Dallas, Columbo, The A team, and etc. Not that all of those shows were the best or anything, but at least they were real shows with producers who looked to create something good and entertaining to bring to life. Not some pathetic reality show with some celeberty burn outs who are drunks and some pathetic whores who just want to be famous but don't have one talented bone in their body where they just put them into a house or some island and give them a ton of booze and let them destroy shit.
I think you've got an idealized view of what life used to be like. Most of those old dramas and comedies and variety shows and game shows were crap at best. Most were cheap knock offs of other more successful shows. There's never been a time when talent mattered that much. Most of those shows that you fondly remember as being so great, really weren't if you can look at them objectively.

Yeah, most reality shows are crap and pathetic attempts to pick up viewers with sensationalism. But there are some good ones. Some that really highlight talent. (I'm a big fan of So You Think You Can Dance.) Of course, you may not like them.

And if you think American TV is bad, then you should try watching some of those other countries' stuff. Most of it is real bad. And a lot of stuff that's on American TV was stolen from those other countries.

If you want to be entertained, TV should probably be pretty low on your to-do list. And it's always been that way.
Old 06-23-2009   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I kind of feel sorry for TO at times.....let me explain.

I know he is a jackass. I know he brings it on himself. I know he is a world class attention ho. So I'm not saying I like or defend the guy. His off field stuff annoys me to no end.

But I have always thought I could read people pretty well...you know, see something in them that tells the story. I also had read where he was a pretty shy and kind of to himself as a kid.

After she said that he had this almost pathetic/sad look on his face. I think all of his b.s. is a facade and the guy really is just a maladjusted person in real life with not many social skills. I think the guy is either sad or depressed or has some childhood issues deep inside. I think her comments struck him because she wasn't a teammate or coach or the media.

Maybe I'm overanalyzing but as has been said before I think TO is the bad alter ego and it won the battle a long time ago. Maybe Terrell will surface one day and get back to normal life and exorcise some demons.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 06-23-2009 at 03:16 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #10
TimeKiller

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I think her comments struck him because she wasn't a teammate or coach or the media.
Please, her comments struck him because she is pretty and TO wants some.

It's science.
Old 06-23-2009   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I read a little-known story about T.O.

His dad left him when Terrell was young. So he grew up with his grandma. As he got older, and became attracted to a girl who lived across the street, his grandma said he couldn't date her. "Why?" asked Terrell. Grandma answered him and said "Because she's your sister. And her daddy that lives across from us is also YOUR daddy."

His dad was right there the whole time, but I guess he was unwanted by the father. Grandma never had the heart to tell him until the young girl came into the picture. Hey, guess what, T.O.? Everybody but you knows who your dad is, and the best part is this: He was across the street from you and you never knew it. So, yeah...there's some trust issues with T.O.

Tell me that won't mess with your mind when you're a teenager.

Not saying it excuses all he's done. But it makes it understandable. Nobody here has batted 1.000 in life.
Old 06-23-2009   #12
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 27093 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I read about his childhood a few years ago and thought is was public to anyone choosing to read it.

On the incident with the model, she seems to have an attitude akin to Naomi Campbell. I don't blame TO. He used good judgement in standing back, with his mouth closed and simply watch this 'f bomb' raving maniac.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

His dad left him when Terrell was young. So he grew up with his grandma. As he got older, and became attracted to a girl who lived across the street, his grandma said he couldn't date her. "Why?" asked Terrell. Grandma answered him and said "Because she's your sister. And her daddy that lives across from us is also YOUR daddy."

His dad was right there the whole time, but I guess he was unwanted by the father. Grandma never had the heart to tell him until the young girl came into the picture. Hey, guess what, T.O.? Everybody but you knows who your dad is, and the best part is this: He was across the street from you and you never knew it. So, yeah...there's some trust issues with T.O.

Tell me that won't mess with your mind when you're a teenager.

Not saying it excuses all he's done. But it makes it understandable. Nobody here has batted 1.000 in life.
That's just effed up!!

Finding out such a jaded story from his childhood explains a lot. It doesn't justify anything, but it certainly reveals some basic issues that must roll around in his noggin'.

About this story, I think the chick was being a bit dramatic. It's just a freakin' celebrity game show. I can see TO not taking it as serious considering the high pressure he deals with as an NFL player. She strikes me as one of those chicks that expects everyone to treat her as a pampered princess, and maybe TO's not playing the game. Two sides to a story, y'know?
Old 06-23-2009   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah, I've heard that story, too. Not sure where I heard it from or if it's true.
Old 06-23-2009   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, I've heard that story, too. Not sure where I heard it from or if it's true.
It's from his autobiography.
Old 06-23-2009   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

First off, stop with the sympathy stuff for TO. The guy is one solid piece of turd through and through.

That is not a little known story GP. That was all over ESPN when he was with the Niners and has been played plenty of times since.

I could care less about what happened with TO as a child. I hate when people go out of their ways to make excuses for people that consistently screw up their situations in life like they're supposed to get a FREE PASS of excuses for one bad thing that happened to them when they were younger. I would have felt sorry for TO way back then for a while, but this is life and everyone has challenges and messed up things that happen to them of some sort. You don't get to pick and choose your parents or how your brought up. But yo do get to choose the directions that you go in and how you learn from your mistakes in life and let those mistakes lead you into becoming a better person.

TO has never done any of that. He's gone way out of his way to embarrass his QB's, his coaches, and always says non stop hurtful stuff towards them after he leaves. The guy constantly stirs the pot and always blames everyone BUT HIMSELF. He is an adult now and has been for over 16 years. Mature adults don't sit there and act like total Pie holes their entire lives because of one really bad thing that happened to them when they were younger. THey move on from it, and if they don't the likely chances are they would have been that same exact person no matter whether that bad experience happened to them or not.

And Frog, you saw one quick look of TO after he was called that. They don't show every moment of a reality show. And I'm sure that TO's been called much worse names than that by other women. I look at how he treats his team mates, I can only imagine how he treats the women in his life.
Old 06-23-2009   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It's from his autobiography.
Like I said, I don't know if it's true...
Old 06-23-2009   #18
TimeKiller

So GP are you gonna post that story in every TO thread or what?
Old 06-23-2009   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
First off, stop with the sympathy stuff for TO. The guy is one solid piece of turd through and through.

That is not a little known story GP. That was all over ESPN when he was with the Niners and has been played plenty of times since.

I could care less about what happened with TO as a child. I hate when people go out of their ways to make excuses for people that consistently screw up their situations in life like they're supposed to get a FREE PASS of excuses for one bad thing that happened to them when they were younger. I would have felt sorry for TO way back then for a while, but this is life and everyone has challenges and messed up things that happen to them of some sort. You don't get to pick and choose your parents or how your brought up. But yo do get to choose the directions that you go in and how you learn from your mistakes in life and let those mistakes lead you into becoming a better person.

TO has never done any of that. He's gone way out of his way to embarrass his QB's, his coaches, and always says non stop hurtful stuff towards them after he leaves. The guy constantly stirs the pot and always blames everyone BUT HIMSELF. He is an adult now and has been for over 16 years. Mature adults don't sit there and act like total Pie holes their entire lives because of one really bad thing that happened to them when they were younger. THey move on from it, and if they don't the likely chances are they would have been that same exact person no matter whether that bad experience happened to them or not.

And Frog, you saw one quick look of TO after he was called that. They don't show every moment of a reality show. And I'm sure that TO's been called much worse names than that by other women. I look at how he treats his team mates, I can only imagine how he treats the women in his life.
I like you a lot, and have sided with you on lots of stuff.

However...there's a point where you have to stop and go "That guy is facing a whole set of issues that I don't have a clue about."

And before you try to possibly equate any of your own prior issues that you might have conquered, we are all at some point trying to conquer something in our lives. If T.O. is failing to overcome that, give the guy some grace.

At some point, we have to stop putting our foot on someone's throat. And just let go of whatever preconceived notions we have.

The dude had his dad leave him, lived across the street, and nobody told him. Until it would have meant potential incest or something awkward like that. When you're young, you can literally have your maturity "frozen" because of a traumatic event like that.

Some people, somehow, get over sooner than others. God I hope T.O. gets over it at SOME point before he dies. My dad wasn't the greatest father in the world, but when he told me some of the stuff HIS dad did...I felt like I had the best dad in the world.

It's all about perspective. I don't condone how he lives, and how he hurts others, but I can see why it's easy. He thinks people are pieces of crap who are out to get him--to laugh at him--and he's going to be the first one to pull the trigger on that deal. Lots of people have tried to help him, and it hasn't helped. Maybe some day it will click for him.
Old 06-23-2009   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Like I said, I don't know if it's true...
yeah, this is true, but I figure a story with so many folks involved would have been exposed a long time ago if it's fabricated, especially with such a high profile celebrity like TO.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read