Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-31-2005   #1
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63
Default Texans send 12 to NFL Europe

HOUSTON - The Houston Texans announced today that they have allocated the following players to NFL Europe for 2005:

LB Anthony Dunn
G Brandon Evans
T Casey Knutson
RB Adam Matthews
LB David Moretti
WR Nick Narcisse
QB Dave Ragone
LB Antonio Rodriguez
P Cody Scates
K Chris Snyder
WR Allen Suber
SS Eli Ward

NFL Europe training camp begins on March 2 in Tampa, Fla. Opening weekend in Europe begins on April 2.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to see Ragone going over to Europe, I think he could use the PT, especially if he supposed to be our back-up QB...Most of the rest of the players are going to struggle to make the team...
Old 01-31-2005   #3
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

im guessing they want to try to develop starling with the team rather than him getting experience in europe? i hope he can step up and contribute next season.

good to see ragone getting some playing time. i think he will be a good backup
Old 01-31-2005   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Sloan Thomas and Charlie Anderson.. wonder why they didnt get sent.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #5
Crazygomer
Rookie

I never really liked Dave Ragone! I liked Tony Banks but I heard that he wants to leave for a starting role somewhere else I think we need to get a strong back up and maybe trade Dave Ragone for someone between the ages of 26-28 or so. Someone who can sign a contract for 4 years and be a strong back up quarterback for David! We already have one young quarterback why would we want someone else going in there with less experiance? Well those are my thoughts anyway!
Crazygomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

With the departure of Tony Banks we would likely have 3 young QBs. Carr, Ragone, and Symmons. I don't think there's much need in trading Ragone because I'm not sure he has much value right now. Chances are we'll sign a veteran QB in free agency, and he'll get a chance at some snaps in training camp and the preseason. There are lots of viable veteran QBs out there looking for work, and I'm not sure we'd really need to make a trade to get one.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #7
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Ragone is going...hmmm...now I must follow NFL Europe a little more closely now.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-31-2005   #8
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

I'm actually pretty stoked for Ragone I'll definatly watch
Old 01-31-2005   #9
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID Send a message via Yahoo to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID

Yeah I think thats exactly what the Texans are doing......give Ragone some PT so he can be our #2 next year. Maybe its even a trading ploy, I know some teams are looking for a starting QB, I doubt if any would be insterested in him this year, but maybe he could make a name for himself in NFL Europe and then a few years teams will say......"Oh yeah what about that Ragone kid in Houston maybe we can trade for him"........
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #10
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

Its funny how all year people have been saying how bad he is, but the guy has a great history in college and even high school. He can play the game, it is just taking a bit of time to develope. He will prove to be a good nfl backup and maybe even some day a starter. He killed everyone when he was at louisville. NFLE will let him show he has some talent.
Cincinnatikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #11
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Ragone going to NFLEurope is an interesting occurance to me. I don't know what the Texans are thinking, but it has generally been borderline players that are sent from all the teams. I don't recall any 2nd stringers ever being sent before, but I could be wrong. It just makes me think that the Texans aren't very confident in Ragones abilities to take over the backup role. For one thing, while Ragone is over in Europe, he won't be available for any of the camps until just prior to pre-season. I don't know, it's just my opinion that Ragone is going to be, at best, the 3rd string QB this coming season. We shall see.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #12
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

QBs have to get experience somewhere.. and we arent gonna bench Carr to give it to him. Ragone will come back in time to show us what he learned in some preseason games.

And I dont recall anyone really ragging on Ragone. People may not be sold on him yet, but I dont think anyone is calling him a bust.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #13
TexasAggie
Rookie

Thumbs up Who is Eli Ward

I have not found any info on him. YET!
TexasAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9
Ragone going to NFLEurope is an interesting occurance to me. I don't know what the Texans are thinking, but it has generally been borderline players that are sent from all the teams. I don't recall any 2nd stringers ever being sent before, but I could be wrong.
The Super Bowl Patriots sent their back up QB. Rohan Davey was a 3rd draft pick just like Ragone and they are on the same kind of development track. The Texans and Patriots both took 3rd quarterbacks to groom when they already had established starters and both of these guys are hoping to be at least as viable as a guy like Billy Volek. There are some who bash Casserly for the Ragone pick but we see teams like NE do the same thing.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005   #15
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
With the departure of Tony Banks we would likely have 3 young QBs. Carr, Ragone, and Symmons. I don't think there's much need in trading Ragone because I'm not sure he has much value right now. Chances are we'll sign a veteran QB in free agency, and he'll get a chance at some snaps in training camp and the preseason. There are lots of viable veteran QBs out there looking for work, and I'm not sure we'd really need to make a trade to get one.
We also have the new Preston dude too (can't remember his last name) we just picked up for a QB position too.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005   #16
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Some teams have traded backups into 1st or 2nd round picks . A few who come to mind are Rob Johnson , Trent Green , A.J Feeley . If you can develop them and show case them theres a big market .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005   #17
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
Some teams have traded backups into 1st or 2nd round picks . A few who come to mind are Rob Johnson , Trent Green , A.J Feeley . If you can develop them and show case them theres a big market .

Rob Johnson was showcased into a first round pick under the direction of offensive coordinator Chris Palmer at Jacksonville when starter Mark Brunell was injured.
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005   #18
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
The key here is the last statement. Ragone hasn't shown anything to garner a 1st or 2nd round pick. I could be mistaken, but Trent Green was a starter for the Rams when he got hurt and Warner took over and took the Rams to the SB. Feeley led the Eagles to 4 or 5 wins when both Donovan McNabb and Detmer went down for the Eagles. Most think the Dolphins paid to high of a price for a 3rd string QB so I wouldn't quite say that there's a 'big market' for backup QBs.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005   #19
Txnpride
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
What team will he play for? I will follow what ever team he plays for! That will help the off season blues for me a little.
Hope its the Barelona Dragons....my mothers side of the family lives there.If he is on the Dragons,maybe I can hook us up with some Dragon caps.
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005   #20
Txnpride
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txnpride
Hope its the Barelona Dragons....my mothers side of the family lives there.If he is on the Dragons,maybe I can hook us up with some Dragon caps.
BARCELONA not Barelona....even though I have visited a couple of nude beaches there
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read