Thanks for your support!

Johnson listed as 7th most irreplaceable player in NFL

gtexan02

Working?
From ESPN Insider:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=4269904

Anyone who still thinks A Davis was just as good as AJ should read this:

7. Andre Johnson, WR, Texans

We could just list the wide receivers whom Johnson has spent his career playing across from, but that doesn't quantify just how important Johnson's presence is to making the Texans' offense work. Instead, we'll look back to 2007, when Johnson was on the shelf for seven games. Their passing DVOA was 11th in the league with Johnson in the lineup and 19th without, but he had an even bigger impact on the running game; the Texans actually had the fifth-best rushing DVOA in football when Johnson was around, falling to 28th when he was injured. Think he keeps a safety or two occupied?
Am I allowed to post this?

eriadoc

Texan-American
I think he should be higher than 7th. IMO, only Manning and Brady are more irreplaceable.

If those really are your new plates, I am very disappointed. You should have used these plates:

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I don't think 7th is bad at all. I mean there are so many positions where there are great irreplaceable players on each team.

Troy Polumolu and Ed Reed are irreplaceable no question as safeties.

Mario and Jared Allen are irreplaceable as DE's.

Brady, Brees, and Manning are irreplaceable as QB's.

There are several irreplaceable O lineman.

This is hard to rank.

If you followed the board back then, there were quite a few. I can recall at least a few from the "All your eggs in one basket" thread as well

For example
I've followed the board since before Andre Davis was ever here. I don't recall anyone ever saying AD is as good as AJ. Saying that he did a fine job in AJ's stead is not the same as saying he is as good as AJ. That's not to say some troll didn't make a silly statement like that. We've seen that. But, to act like that was some sort of prevelent idea is inaccruate.

gtexan02

Working?
I've followed the board since before Andre Davis was ever here. I don't recall anyone ever saying AD is as good as AJ. Saying that he did a fine job in AJ's stead is not the same as saying he is as good as AJ. That's not to say some troll didn't make a silly statement like that. We've seen that. But, to act like that was some sort of prevelent idea is inaccruate.
Not sure why you are taking this quite so literally. I dont think anyone would ever say that the two are exactly equal--thats crazy. I was implying that I remember, and still see, some posts doubting AJ's irreplaceability because of Andre Davis' performance in during the 2007 season. Thats what this thread is about

gtexan02

Working?
I believe gtexan lives in Virginia or somewhere in that area. Might be hard to find one of those plates up there. :cowboy1:
I do indeed! Maybe I should have included that in the photo...ok, changed it

Something sad happened to me only a short while after I got the plates.... someone actually asked me what the "Toxins" were. :(

We need more national media coverage...

badboy

Hall of Fame
If you followed the board back then, there were quite a few. I can recall at least a few from the "All your eggs in one basket" thread as well

For example
gtexan need to improve your reading skills. The quote of mine said he did a fine job and he did. Never said he was AJ equal. The entire point of my thread was which one player could not be replaced and the team be successful. My choice was QB Matt Schaub. If AJ goes out this year, Aj has a decent replacement. Productivity not the same but does not immediately regulate team to "uh oh" status. Schaub goes out for season and we have a 2nd stringer with little more than potential (though I like him) and Rex Grossman that no other team wanted. Again, I never said AD= AJ.

Insideop

All Pro
gtexan need to improve your reading skills. The quote of mine said he did a fine job and he did. Never said he was AJ equal. The entire point of my thread was which one player could not be replaced and the team be successful. My choice was QB Matt Schaub. If AJ goes out this year, Aj has a decent replacement. Productivity not the same but does not immediately regulate team to "uh oh" status. Schaub goes out for season and we have a 2nd stringer with little more than potential (though I like him) and Rex Grossman that no other team wanted. Again, I never said AD= AJ.
:popcorn: Keep it going boys! It's a long off season with nothing left to do but :pirate: and :deadhorse! :D

gtexan02

Working?
Before flinging around insults to others reading skills, maybe you should check yours. I said just a few posts (5) above yours:

Not sure why you are taking this quite so literally. I dont think anyone would ever say that the two are exactly equal--thats crazy. I was implying that I remember, and still see, some posts doubting AJ's irreplaceability because of Andre Davis' performance in during the 2007 season. Thats what this thread is about

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
I would never ever want something to happen to AJ.

That being said, the Texans of 2007 are likely a little different than the Texans of today. Because of:

Another year for Schaub and rest of offense
Steve Slaton
Alex Gibbs

I hope to never have to find out how irreplaceable AJ is.

P

Polo

I think that because of the offensive scheme we run we can get by with back up players in some spots more easily than other teams can.

I think all this irreplaceable stuff is just for arguments sake. AJ is a beast. I'll wait to quantify how much of a beast he til he retires.

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!

For example
*me*

I said we had so many friggin' problems that we were putting WAY too much on AJ being back on the field changing the way the defense plays. I said he's our best player, but 1 guy CANNOT make that much difference.

I admittedly eat crow every time that topic comes up.