Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-18-2009   #1
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AFC South Impact Players - Houston Texans

Suprise, suprise...the Texans impact player is NOT Mario Williams, DeMeco Ryans, Brain Cushing, but... *drum roll*..........

DT Amobi Okoye!

Quote:
I have made it no secret that I love the Texans’ ability to score points on offense, but their defensive attack is a different story. In 2008, they gave up almost 25 points a game (tied for 26th in the league), 336 total yards a game and over 122 yards a game on the ground. In this league, you can’t win giving up numbers like those.

I like the development of defensive end Mario Williams(notes), who has a total of 26 sacks the past two seasons, but he needs help getting to the quarterback and he needs help stopping the run in the AFC South. Okoye, a former first-round pick, needs to apply a push up front and become a dominant defensive tackle if this team wants to be serious about contending for a division title and playoff spot.

Every season, we talk about the Texans as a surprise team. If we really examine this team, the defense – the line especially – is the key to any success it will have. If you can’t stop the run in the AFC South, you might as well stay in the locker room. Okoye can be that type of player on the inside for Houston, but talk is cheap. We need to see it starting in September.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Sorry, but I had to insert a pic:

Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read