Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-18-2009   #1
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Running back depth chart

With Slaton entrenched as the starter, who would you like to see as the backups/other backs? Moats? Foster? Brown? J. Johnson? Just curious to see what y'all think
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #2
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4297 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Running back depth chart

1. Slaton
2a. Moats
2b. Foster
PS: J. Johnson

I'd probably cut injury prone Chris Brown just because he reminds me too much of Ahman Green. Good back when healthy, but never healthy...
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Moats will back-up Slayton.

Casey will back-up Leach.

Arian will surprise & make active roster.

Chris Brown released.

Jeremiah Johnson stashed on practice squad.

beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #4
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Moats/Brown will start the season as the #2a/2b RBs

Foster is likely "ahead" right now since Johnson just got here. He'll go to the practice squad ...assuming we can sneak him thru waivers

Casey as the Leach B/U sounds right to me too

Brown probably won't make it to the bye week but Foster will be ready by then.

Note:
assessments subject to change following training camp/preseason
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #5
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

1 Slaton
2 Brown
3 J. Johnson
4 Foster

I never was a big Moats fan. I dont really want Chris Brown, but I know they want to save face on the signing and they will give him the shot if he is healthy for real this time.

Im also about Jeremiah Johnsons biggest fan on this board, so I am probably biased.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #6
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

For me:

1 Slaton
2 Moats
3 Foster/Johnson whoeva wins the spot, the other to PS

Chris Brown's career is toast.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
For me:

1 Slaton
2 Moats
3 Foster/Johnson whoeva wins the spot, the other to PS

Chris Brown's career is toast.
Slaton will do even better this year and make the pro bowl.

And yeah, Chris Brown is gone. As to the rest of 'em, it just depends on what happens in camp and pre-season, so I'm not making any bets there. Wouldn't suprise me at all to see one of those rookies be the primary backup to Slaton. Moats have never really impressed me, but that could change in August.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-18-2009   #8
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post

Chris Brown released.

^^^^^
This.
Old 06-18-2009   #9
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

This is who I'd like to keep...

1.) Steve Slaton

2.) Arian Foster

3.) J. Johnson - 3rd Down Back

PS.) Moats
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Y'all can wait anxiously for the AP report of Chris Brown's new injury but until it comes he is #2 on the depth chart.
Old 06-18-2009   #11
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

He talked about how Glen Coffee could have been the Texans 3rd round pick had he not been picked by the 49ers a few picks before the Texans selected Antoine Caldwell.
http://www.examiner.com/x-778-Housto...own-Club-event
Speaking of running backs, here's a little gem of information I don't ever recall being disclosed by the Kubiak regime ? An admission of "who they would have taken instead of" had this happened or not happened in the most recent Draft. I think its especially interesting to see that they were prepared
to make an equivalent investment to Slaton in his "backup".
BTW, I'd love to see the Texans full Board on the 2009 Draft class ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #12
TimeKiller

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Moats have never really impressed me, but that could change in August.
I thought he played well but I seem to remember it being garbage time yards so...whatev...Still has to outplay the youngins to keep his spot. I thought he was very quick with the ball though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Y'all can wait anxiously for the AP report of Chris Brown's new injury but until it comes he is #2 on the depth chart.
You can put CB #2 on your fake roster list but until he outrushes Matt Turk as a Houston Texan I'll keep him completely off of mine.
Old 06-18-2009   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post

Chris Brown released.

Exactly, unless JJones is a wash out and JJohnson can return. Then maybe Brown makes final cut if healthy. It is hard to ignore Brown's stats.
Old 06-18-2009   #14
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

1 Slaton (obvious)

2 C Brown (until he inevitably gets hurt)

3 A Foster (eventually the #2; will get more carries as season goes)

4 J Johnson (too good to sneak onto PS; 3rd down guy)

Cut--Moats and Dawson

I think we carry 4 backs even if Brown makes it through camp healthy and is ready week 1, he's a ticking time bomb for injury.

I think Boomer Grigsby is gonna win the back up FB job and we'll just have to carry 4 TE's w/ Casey
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Slaton

The last 2-3 standing after the final preseason game.
Old 06-18-2009   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought he played well but I seem to remember it being garbage time yards so...whatev...Still has to outplay the youngins to keep his spot. I thought he was very quick with the ball though.

You can put CB #2 on your fake roster list but until he outrushes Matt Turk as a Houston Texan I'll keep him completely off of mine.
I don't think it's Cak's roster but the team depth chart. I agree that Chris Brown should be listed as #2 back until TC.
Old 06-18-2009   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
He talked about how Glen Coffee could have been the Texans 3rd round pick had he not been picked by the 49ers a few picks before the Texans selected Antoine Caldwell.
http://www.examiner.com/x-778-Housto...own-Club-event
Speaking of running backs, here's a little gem of information I don't ever recall being disclosed by the Kubiak regime ? An admission of "who they would have taken instead of" had this happened or not happened in the most recent Draft. I think its especially interesting to see that they were prepared
to make an equivalent investment to Slaton in his "backup".
BTW, I'd love to see the Texans full Board on the 2009 Draft class ?
man, I was high on coffee....all they got me was the decaf FA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Quote:
Watching lots of Bama has made me a bit of a Glen Coffee fan. He runs with an attitude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
And coffee slides off the board.
yeah, damn them! perhaps his Center deserved all the credit?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
man, I was high on coffee....all they got me was the decaf FA
Vinny, you are going to be so thrilled when Kubes say's "Coffee who?" plus we have a real strong Olineman in Caldwell. I know I make sarcastic comments about not drafting a back but this is going to all work out fine. Nothing can go wrong, go wrong, go wron...
Old 06-18-2009   #19
TimeKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I don't think it's Cak's roster but the team depth chart. I agree that Chris Brown should be listed as #2 back until TC.
I thought we were all just posting our own thoughts.

My thought is Matt Turk has outrushed Chris Brown as a Houston Texan, therefore, Matt Turk will be my #2 long before any injury reports come out. What a crazy asshole I am right? I'd like to see 10 measly yards out of a guy before I hand him a big role in the offense, what unbelievable standards I am asking to be upheld.
Old 06-18-2009   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought we were all just posting our own thoughts.

My thought is Matt Turk has outrushed Chris Brown as a Houston Texan, therefore, Matt Turk will be my #2 long before any injury reports come out. What a crazy asshole I am right? I'd like to see 10 measly yards out of a guy before I hand him a big role in the offense, what unbelievable standards I am asking to be upheld.
Did anyone say you couldn't have an opinion or even address you. My post didn't quote you and started with a group "y'all." Now since you felt compelled to do your fake roster bit I will point out your whining or standards, unbelievable or not, is irrelevant. The Texans have repeatedly expressed Brown is their dude unless he gets hurt. That isn't an I like Brown statement or even an agreement that is the right decision - just an observation like the original comment.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read