Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-17-2009   #1
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kris Brown gets 4 year extention

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/6484593.html

how old is he? guess it doesnt matter since he is a kicker.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #2
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3733 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chris Brown gets 4 year extention

You meant Kris Brown.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #3
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Its Kris Brown, but anyways he is the best kicker in Texans history !
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #4
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brown 4 yr Extension

Kicker Kris Brown just signed a 4 year extension. While this is good news, I wish they would concentrate more on signing Dunta, OD, Ryans and the rest of the rookies.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6484593.html
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

lol, I thought you meant "Chris Brown" and I was about to wonder about our FOs sanity!
Old 06-17-2009   #6
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

You beat me to it. Mods you can merge the post please.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw the name in the title and about peed my pants.

Good for KB! I'm happy for him and happy he's still a Texan. He's definitely turned it around since he struggled a few season's back.
Old 06-17-2009   #8
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

guess i did.lol ive seen people complain about that a hundred times then i do it anyway.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #9
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Wonder how Demeco, Daniels, and Robinson feel about Kris Brown getting extended first. Guess it shouldn't matter since it's like 1/5 of what they're trying to get. Glad to see Kris get extended though, he's always been a team player. He missed the FG in San Francisco week 17 of the 2005 season that secured us the #1 pick in the draft and then turned it around and helped us win some key games in 2007 and 2008 (Miami with the 3 50+ FGs, Only win against Indy, etc).
LORK 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #10
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
Wonder how Demeco, Daniels, and Robinson feel about Kris Brown getting extended first. Guess it shouldn't matter since it's like 1/5 of what they're trying to get. Glad to see Kris get extended though, he's always been a team player. He missed the FG in San Francisco week 17 of the 2005 season that secured us the #1 pick in the draft and then turned it around and helped us win some key games in 2007 and 2008 (Miami with the 3 50+ FGs, Only win against Indy, etc).
From what I have been reading they should all be thrilled with this move because we are rewarding a guy from within (unless that was all BS). I like the timing of this move, I doubt it was intentional but it looks like the Texans are saying we aren't scared to hand out the cash to our own players, just have a little patience. It is just the kicker but he has been a good one for us.
Old 06-17-2009   #11
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kris Brown gets 4 year extention

Good for Kris !!....plus it'll keep Diapher making infrequent visits down here to keep Texan Bill in line!!
Old 06-17-2009   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Good for Kris !!....plus it'll keep Diapher making infrequent visits down here to keep Texan Bill in line!!
In line? She only adds fuel to the burning fire, LOL!

Congrats, Kris!

But, I think the Texans may need a bail-out next year!!!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #13
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Love it! Congrats Kris!

I guess this pretty much means he will be retiring a Texan. (Which makes me happy!)
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

This should be a heads-up for OD, his wake-up call. He (or maybe his agent), has this thought that's he's some kind of all-world talent because he happen to go to Honolulu when one of the Pro-Bowl regulars called in sick. It was really just a fluke you know. Obviously Brown signed because he and his agent are reasonable men, and OD & his probably aren't. The country, the whole world is gripped in the worse economic downturn since the '30s. Wake-up boy, take the deal !
D-Rob ? Use him as you see fit this year, then when you're done with him, F-Tag him again and trade the sukker for everthing you can get.
DeMeco is different, he's the man on the Texans D and if they have to make him the highest paid inside LB (4-3 or 3-4) in the NFL, I say give the man his money.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #15
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64465 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Good news. I'm glad we have this guy.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
I might be going out on a limb here, but I reckon there are several deals on the table being worked on at the same time. I highly doubt it matters who might sign first. Additionally, I'd think it'd be a little easier working out a kickers contract vs a position player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
This should be a heads-up for OD, his wake-up call. He (or maybe his agent), has this thought that's he's some kind of all-world talent because he happen to go to Honolulu when one of the Pro-Bowl regulars called in sick. It was really just a fluke you know. Obviously Brown signed because he and his agent are reasonable men, and OD & his probably aren't. The country, the whole world is gripped in the worse economic downturn since the '30s. Wake-up boy, take the deal !
D-Rob ? Use him as you see fit this year, then when you're done with him, F-Tag him again and trade the sukker for everthing you can get.
DeMeco is different, he's the man on the Texans D and if they have to make him the highest paid inside LB (4-3 or 3-4) in the NFL, I say give the man his money.
Nice ASSumption.

BTW, why does D-Ryans deserve to get paid moreso than OD? Comparatively speaking, D-Ryans didn't have as good of a year as OD did. OD has progressed each season while D-Ryans has yet to out produce his rookie season. I most definitely think D-Ryans should be extended, but I would not put him before OD.
Old 06-17-2009   #17
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Its Kris Brown, but anyways he is the best kicker in Texans history !
Isn't he the only place kicker the Texans ever had? Him and Pitts are the only original Texans left I believe.
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #18
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

nunusguy i really don't understand your reasoning behind all your cynicism. just because the economy isn't good doesn't mean that OD doesn't deserve to get paid. this is his job. us fans tend to look at it as a loyalty business when, in reality, this is how they put food on the table. A LOT of REALLY expensive food but food none the less. he's a key part of this offense as D-Rob and DeMeco are key parts of our defense. they all should be given multi-year extensions because they all deserve them through their hard work and leadership, not to mention the production they give us on sundays.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #19
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker View Post
Isn't he the only place kicker the Texans ever had? Him and Pitts are the only original Texans left I believe.
thats the point. he's the best. because he's the original.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #20
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Good for Kris.

I can't think of another Texans kicker that deserved it more than him (sarcasm).

Guess we'll see Diapher around for another 4 years!!
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read