Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-17-2009   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Confidence....

Is anyone else noticing a different team already in this offseason? To me these players all sound as if they KNOW they can win. I've heard and seen interview after interview and everyone talks about this being a big year for us, that everyone knows what they have to do, that they just want to contribute to the team getting to the playoffs, that no playoffs would be a disappointment for the season. Even the rookies sound confident. Cushing sounds like someone is going to have to take his job, Barwin sounds like he feels he can dominate, and Quin sounds like he belongs in the NFL.

Or have we heard this before?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Confidence....

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Is anyone else noticing a different team already in this offseason? To me these players all sound as if they KNOW they can win. I've heard and seen interview after interview and everyone talks about this being a big year for us, that everyone knows what they have to do, that they just want to contribute to the team getting to the playoffs, that no playoffs would be a disappointment for the season. Even the rookies sound confident. Cushing sounds like someone is going to have to take his job, Barwin sounds like he feels he can dominate, and Quin sounds like he belongs in the NFL.

Or have we heard this before?
El Tejano - not to be:

But I'm going with the latter: "Or have we heard this before?" Confidence has to be shown with wins on the field.
Old 06-17-2009   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I gotta go with TB here. At this point in the year, most teams have a good feeling and sound confident. Being confident doesn't translate to anything. It's like have you ever gone into a test at school feeling like you own the test only to come out beaten and bloody and alternatively gone into a test knowing you're going to get crushed and then come out feeling damned lucky that they only asked the stuff you knew about? It doesn't matter how you feel about yourself before, it only matters how you feel after.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear yall. I do feel they have alot more confidence in each other though as compared to years past. When they talk about a certain teammate they aren't just giving the status quo response, but they really mean it. I feel like the team has a lot more confidence in Matt this year.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I think everyone, from ownership on down to the fans, will be disappointed if there isn't a legitimate challenging for a playoff spot this year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I think everyone, from ownership on down to the fans, will be disappointed if there isn't a legitimate challenging for a playoff spot this year.
yeah, the last time this city has seen a winning season it was with the Oilers....it's time. I think most of the "confidence" fans see is their own. I see the players being optimistic every year.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the team came together nicely toward the end of last year.

And winning breeds confidence!

So yes, I agree that they feel "Right" to be truly optimistic.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-17-2009   #8
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

I see more talent and thats my reason for optimism. The fluff pieces from the website and the Chron that are written at this time of year no longer sway me but at least they kill some time.
Old 06-17-2009   #9
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

this seemed like a good place to put in this link..

Schaub Pledges 16-game Season

here's hoping he doesn't have to eat those words in 6 months time.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post

I like Schaub a lot and truly believe he could statistically be a top 5 QB, but basically guaranteeing to remain healthy for 16 games is kind of a reach. I do applaud his optimism though.

Quote:
"But I am going to be out there 16 weeks this year. I feel good. Offseason work, weight room, conditioning, I feel like it's going to happen this year, I'm going to make sure it does."
Old 06-17-2009   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

If all we needed was a guarantee, why did he not do that last year? Sheesh. A guarantee will keep those illegal hits away from him. Oh, yeah. Don't most guarantees come with money back offers?
Old 06-17-2009   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post

Here's hoping he isn't counting pre-season games.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read