Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-15-2009   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brandon Marshall wants out..As Denver Turn continues

According to Adam Schefter in this interview I'm posting, Brandon Marshall told Bowlen he wants out. I guess they all just think asking and complaining gets it done there. Man, Daniels started a snowball that won't stop rolling. This an audio clip

http://www.koaradio.com/cc-common/me...=Adam_Schefter

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 06-15-2009 at 04:33 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009   #2
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Marshall wants out..As Denver Turn continues

I knew that this was going to happen once Cutler had his fiasco.

Marshall to me, seems like a baby TO/Chad Johnson in the making. The guy's an unstable dude and seems like he's going to have a ton of problems in his career.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Not suprising. He was seen leaving last week with boxes after meeting with the owner.

Guess he doesn't want Kyle Orton throwing him the deep ball on a contract year. Boy, Denver has definitley hit the toilet ever since the release of Shanahan's contract.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009   #4
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Should have packaged him in with the deal to Chicago.

I would hate to be a Denver fan this off-season.
Old 06-15-2009   #5
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Not suprising. He was seen leaving last week with boxes after meeting with the owner.

Guess he doesn't want Kyle Orton throwing him the deep ball on a contract year. Boy, Denver has definitley hit the toilet ever since the release of Shanahan's contract.
This hasn't been a surprise at all though Texans84. Marshall has shown signs of being the kind of guy to pull something like this for a long time. The guy's a total dousche bag that obviously beats up on women and since he's come into the league he's been an "attention seeker."

I've said for a while that he's not only "baby TO" as far as talent but he seems to be like TO in other ways as well since he was named baby TO when he was drafted.

This is the last thing the Broncos needed after that Cutler debacle.
Old 06-15-2009   #6
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a feeling Jerry Jones will try to get him on the Cowboys.

Baby TO is correct.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I have a feeling Jerry Jones will try to get him on the Cowboys.

Baby TO is correct.
You never know with Jerry.

Something tells me though that Denver might cave in this time since they lost Cutler already. This will be really really bad if they lose a guy that is arguably an ELITE QB and now an ELITE talent at WR that are both just 3 years into the NFL.

My suggestion for the Broncos that I said months ago would be this.

Trade Marshall for Anquan Bolden if the Cards would be interested in that. That way both teams get rid of their disgruntled WR's and still gain another quality talent in return.
Sponsored links
Old 06-15-2009   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You never know with Jerry.

Something tells me though that Denver might cave in this time since they lost Cutler already. This will be really really bad if they lose a guy that is arguably an ELITE QB and now an ELITE talent at WR that are both just 3 years into the NFL.

My suggestion for the Broncos that I said months ago would be this.

Trade Marshall for Anquan Bolden if the Cards would be interested in that. That way both teams get rid of their disgruntled WR's and still gain another quality talent in return.
My suggestion would be for Bowlen to fire McDaniels and get a coach who can lead without acting like Napolean.

Which Napolean: Bonaparte or Dynamite? Take your pick.

What a rough start to your head coaching career. Sheesh...
Old 06-15-2009   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Before anyone ask.... HELL NO! Do not want!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009   #10
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Before anyone ask.... HELL NO! Do not want!
I wouldn't mind seeing him lineup alongside Andre Johnson. As much as I love Kevin Walter, he would have to go.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing him lineup alongside Andre Johnson. As much as I love Kevin Walter, he would have to go.
That will NEVER happen and I hope that no further discussion ever takes place about Marshall being a Texan.

Brandon Marshall: Get ready to see the newer and younger version of TO for this new decade as TO slowly dwindles and goes away. Marshall will take his place.
Old 06-15-2009   #12
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Marshall is definitely a baby TO in terms of athleticism and off field issues.

Has a lot of growing up to do, but now that he is an established probowl receiver, that's not likely to happen anytime soon. Too full of himself, much like CO, TO, PacMan, etc...

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009   #13
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

The Broncos will be this year's version of the Lions. They will be just awful.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
The Broncos will be this year's version of the Lions. They will be just awful.
Earlier in the year I would have said "No way". Might be mediocre, but not really bad. Now........ I suspect they just might be really, truly bad. If so, that ditz of a HC will be out the door like he was shot from a cannon. We all kind of expect that sort of turmoil and stupidity from teams like the Raiders, but the Broncos have been a really well run, good team for a really long time. I'm not a Bronco fan, but I hate to see that sort of thing happen to a team.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009   #15
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

The Broncos are turning into the Lions .... I LOVE it!

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009   #16
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if Shanahan thinks this is hilarious?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I wonder if Shanahan thinks this is hilarious?
I could see Shanny sitting back in a comfortable recliner right now eating out of a big bag of potato chips and laughing his ass off like this.....
Old 06-16-2009   #18
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Or like Shanahan bolting out of Mile High Stadium yelling, "Sheee's goooonnnaa blooooow!!!!" action movie style?

He's got to be at least a little pleased that Kubiak didn't go somewhere and blow up a team.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet Bowlen wishes Kubiak had stuck around about 3 more years.

Broncos are going to tank it, BIG time.
Old 06-17-2009   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
Marshall is definitely a baby TO in terms of athleticism and off field issues.

Has a lot of growing up to do, but now that he is an established probowl receiver, that's not likely to happen anytime soon. Too full of himself, much like CO, TO, PacMan, etc...
Marshall is NOT "Baby TO", because that's not fair to T.O. (and no, I'm not a T.O. supporter) just don't think it's fair to try to compare a self indulgent asshole (which is not a crime) to a guy who constantly has run ins with the law.

Say what you will about T.O., but all his problems are "locker room related" not "off the field" and "in trouble with the law" related. T.O. doesn't beat on women.

Comparing T.O. to all those other players reminds me of this old Bangcartoon...

http://bangcartoon.com/2007/badboys.htm

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 06-17-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read