Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-09-2009   #1
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mr. Versatility: Broncos' Hillis

What, you think Waldo is hard to find? Try tracking down Peyton Hillis at the Broncos' offseason passing camp.

One minute, he's split wide, a la Dallas Clark. The next minute, he's tangling with linebackers as a fullback in two-back formations. And when he finishes that drill, he swings over to tailback in single-back sets.

Oh, and did we mention he's all the rage on special teams? Or that he believes, in his heart of hearts, that he could play linebacker on Sunday afternoons?

Hillis isn't the Broncos' most valuable player, but, with apologies to fullback/linebacker Spencer Larsen, he may well be their most versatile.

So, Peyton, are you a fullback, a tailback or a receiver? Or are you a man for all seasons?

"I don't really know what I am at this point," Hillis said. "I think they're just filling me into different roles to see what I can do. They really haven't come up to me and said, 'You're this or you're that.' They're just kind of putting me in as a piece to the puzzle and seeing what happens."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12549606

Can't believe we didn't try and make a move to get this guy.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mr. Versatility: Broncos' Hillis

Ditto...........before the Broncos woke up.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

He hasn't proven anything yet.............
Old 06-09-2009   #4
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
He hasn't proven anything yet.............
What is this like the 4th time you went and grabbed your big Pot Spoon on this subject Hou-Tex? Lol!

I knew that you'd be in this thread in no time. Lol!
Old 06-09-2009   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
What is this like the 4th time you went and grabbed your big Pot Spoon on this subject Hou-Tex? Lol!

I knew that you'd be in this thread in no time. Lol!
Yeah, I'm bored. Off-season sucks in a major way. After next weeks final mini-camp, it's really going to suck. Over a month's worth of absolutely nothing.
Old 06-09-2009   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yeah, I'm bored. Off-season sucks in a major way. After next weeks final mini-camp, it's really going to suck. Over a month's worth of absolutely nothing.
I hear ya man. It sucks. I guess we can all count on a bunch of Obama threads for the next few weeks. Lol! Gotta love the "No spin zone" at a time like this. Lol!
Old 06-09-2009   #7
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

My guess is that Hillis was never truly on the block. We were all going off an anonymous source who said the Broncos were putting a number of RBs on the market. The speculation was that Hillis was one of those guys, but nobody ever confirmed that he was. The Broncos still have a numbers issue with their RBs, but I'd venture a guess that only Knowshon Moreno has a more secure roster spot than Hillis.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-09-2009   #8
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post
My guess is that Hillis was never truly on the block. We were all going off an anonymous source who said the Broncos were putting a number of RBs on the market. The speculation was that Hillis was one of those guys, but nobody ever confirmed that he was. The Broncos still have a numbers issue with their RBs, but I'd venture a guess that only Knowshon Moreno has a more secure roster spot than Hillis.
The versatility of Hillis helps them with their numbers issues at RB. They can have four RB's on their roster if Hillis is their #5 WR or FB. Keep three RB's and use him at a different position. That's what I like so much about James Casey for the Texans, he can play TE, FB or be the #5 WR.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post
I don't think we're going off an anonymous source. It's just the numbers game. They've signed a bunch of free agent running backs, had several already on their roster, and then they drafted Knowshon. They've got to cut someone. The question is... who?

Personally, I never thought it was going to be Hillis.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009   #10
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 44792 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can't believe we didn't try and make a move to get this guy.
Just because we didn't get him or we haven't heard about it doesn't mean phone calls weren't made.

Then again we kind of did get this guy, his name is Barwin.
Old 06-10-2009   #11
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

His name is Barwin. His name is Casey. If we had picked up Hillis too we'd be well on our way to a team of 6'4'' 250 lb. white guys who are jacks of all trades and masters of opposing teams. Imagine sending 3 heat seeking destroyers on kickoffs!!!! and Leach!! man our special teams would be out of freaking control....

I never thought Hillis was on the block, though I was totally about getting him.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Just because we didn't get him or we haven't heard about it doesn't mean phone calls weren't made.

Then again we kind of did get this guy, his name is Barwin.
Uuuum, I think you're referring to Casey. Barwin plays defense man.

And there is nothing at all to suggest that Casey could carry the ball 15 times a game and pile up over 100 yards like Hillis did a few times last season before getting injured. I'd like to have Hillis and Casey both.
Old 06-10-2009   #13
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 44792 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Uuuum, I think you're referring to Casey. Barwin plays defense man.

And there is nothing at all to suggest that Casey could carry the ball 15 times a game and pile up over 100 yards like Hillis did a few times last season before getting injured. I'd like to have Hillis and Casey both.
Your right, I got my rookies confused, but give a guy a break, I had just got home from spending 48hrs in hospital with my little girl.

I realise Casey isn't a tailback, but if your looking for versatility, he's got that in spades.
Old 06-10-2009   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Your right, I got my rookies confused, but give a guy a break, I had just got home from spending 48hrs in hospital with my little girl.

I realise Casey isn't a tailback, but if your looking for versatility, he's got that in spades.
I agree that he is very versatile and I look forward to seeing him play, but he isn't a RB that can carry the ball 15 to 20 times a game. Hillis played RB and FB in college and played well at both in the pros. Casey played TE mainly.

I have wanted Hillis to be our bruiser.
Old 06-11-2009   #15
NEB74
Rookie

not gonna lie i wouldn't mind hillis being our 2nd RB
NEB74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read