Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-08-2009   #1
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Leinart and MMA

I found this intersting. My pre-conceived notion had always been Leinart was spoiled and a bit soft after his years at USC. It might nit make a difference but I impressed non the less to seee him trying new things to improve his mindset and toughness.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NFL?v...c-6b1808b0fded

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009   #2
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Leinart and MMA

It makes no difference at ALL. TRAINING in MMA and actual FIGHTING in MMA are completely different.

Put his ass in the octagon with a fighter and then I might judge that he's toughened up.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
It makes no difference at ALL. TRAINING in MMA and actual FIGHTING in MMA are completely different.

Put his ass in the octagon with a fighter and then I might judge that he's toughened up.
I'm sure the Cardinals wouldn't have a problem with that.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009   #4
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Just saying - his method of training isn't going to change any perceptions of his perceived lack of toughness. I mean, he's in the NFL. It's already pretty tough.

If he wants to change perceptions, the best thing for him to do is to stop sucking.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

Agreed! His lights would be out within seconds.

This is no different than seeing Chad Johnson on NFLN training to box by using bags and pads. It might improve hand and foot speed, but toughness? Doubt it
Old 06-09-2009   #6
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt Leinart is training MMA to be a badass in the octagon.
Old 06-09-2009   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
No, but it was said he's trying to prove toughness. Which is bull-butter if you ask me. Training to fight doesn't make a dude tougher. Get in the ring and fight and you might toughen up a bit.
Sponsored links
Old 06-09-2009   #8
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Well training to fight isn't going to make Leinart be able to recognize defensive coverage any better. It's not going to make him scramble any faster or throw on the run any better.

I agree that it might make him tougher though. Why wouldn't it, if he's going in there and taking a pounding every day?

Over all though, I fail to see how this makes him a better QB.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
I found this intersting. My pre-conceived notion had always been Leinart was spoiled and a bit soft after his years at USC. It might nit make a difference but I impressed non the less to seee him trying new things to improve his mindset and toughness.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NFL?v...c-6b1808b0fded
Looks like you were right. He isn't doing this to get better, he is doing it to look tougher. It's funny how some of these professional athletes care so much about what people think about them.

Training to box can really improve your hand-eye coordination and your muscle endurance, which makes you a better athlete.

Leinart isn't an "athletic" QB though so I don't really see how this helps him in football. He needs improvement on the mental side of his game if he wants to be a better QB.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009   #10
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

The only octogon Matts been in is one filled with really hot water and hot babes. I prefer that training too.
Old 06-09-2009   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post

You never know man. Maybe his outward appearance is just a result of how bored he is with the wimpy "pretend-violence" of the NFL and deep down inside he really plans on ditching this game following his rookie contract to get into the octogon and tear some peoples wind pipes out?

Maybe Matt Leinart is THE ULTIMATE BAD ASS OF ALL TIME!!!

Ok, probably not.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read