Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-28-2005   #21
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Marcus Spears - DE we have to address the d-line, and this is the kind of player for a 3-4. we will probally be able to trade down for another pick.
2. Antonio Perkins PR/CB the most prolific return man in college. better than jj moses and can actually play cb
3. Kevin Everett TE solid TE who can block and catch. this pick may change with the status of jouroppe.
3. Jason Brown - C one of the strongest players in the draft and would be able to push McKinney and get the job by at least next year, lot of upside.
4. Boomer Grigsby - ILB one of the most prolific lb in all of college, he drops here because he did not play division I. he is an impact player and possibly a sleeper. should impress at combines.

well how does that sound to everyone, i tried to make it as realistic and possible as i could. dj will not be there for us. To me this looks like a perfect draft so far. please at comments and critique it.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005   #22
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Cool

's

To the people saying we should choose Marcus Spears as our 13th overall pick

I have started a Marcus Spears for the Texans 13th pick movement

Last edited by LikeABoss; 01-28-2005 at 06:26 PM.
LikeABoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005   #23
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
1. Marcus Spears - DE we have to address the d-line, and this is the kind of player for a 3-4. we will probally be able to trade down for another pick.
2. Antonio Perkins PR/CB the most prolific return man in college. better than jj moses and can actually play cb
3. Kevin Everett TE solid TE who can block and catch. this pick may change with the status of jouroppe.
3. Jason Brown - C one of the strongest players in the draft and would be able to push McKinney and get the job by at least next year, lot of upside.
4. Boomer Grigsby - ILB one of the most prolific lb in all of college, he drops here because he did not play division I. he is an impact player and possibly a sleeper. should impress at combines.

well how does that sound to everyone, i tried to make it as realistic and possible as i could. dj will not be there for us. To me this looks like a perfect draft so far. please at comments and critique it.
i could live with that
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005   #24
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I could live with that.. it has a couple of the players on my list. And id like to take a look at Boomer Grigsby.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005   #25
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID Send a message via Yahoo to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID

1. Mike Williams: BPA, and besides no one has convinced me we don't need a #2 WR

2. Corey Webster: If we need a corner to replace Glenn, this could be our guy in the 2nd round. Was rated as 1 of the Top 5 CB's coming into the season, and he can cover just about anybody. Coach him up and he is a 1st round potential getting called in the 2nd.

3. Dominque Rhodes: (I think Dominque is his first name) This FS from Lousiville is a sleeper in my opinion and can add depth by being a run stopper and cover man.

3. Boomer Grisby: You guys have been mentioning this guy a lot, and got me a little hooked. I want to see this guy on film a little bit, but from coming from Div. I-AA, will get a good look at the combines.

4. Imnotgoodwithfirstnames Eslinger: This C from Minnesota is a hard worker, tough compeitor, and in my opinion one of the best C's out there, and is great value for the 2nd day.

Let the critzing begin
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005   #26
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179496 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

To the one draft who picked Perkins in the 2nd. He is just an ok corner. I bet you could get him in the 3rd instead of a TE. I would pick the best player with my 2nd.
NO Way would i pick Mike Williams 1st. I would not pick a Safety 3rd. The WRs we have have'nt had a chance to make an impact cause theres no time to throw. Do we really need another safety just to pick a safety. Williams will not be the best prospect at 13. Safety only if its a steal.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005   #27
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Ive heard Perkins was a good cover corner. and we grabbed Faggins in the 6th and he turned out pretty good .. cant trust the press all the time.

If Perkins could take over the role of nickle/dime guy. And faggins could up his game and take the starting spot from Glenn. Perkins could be our return guy as well.

It all depends though.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-29-2005   #28
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Ive heard Perkins was a good cover corner. and we grabbed Faggins in the 6th and he turned out pretty good .. cant trust the press all the time.

If Perkins could take over the role of nickle/dime guy. And faggins could up his game and take the starting spot from Glenn. Perkins could be our return guy as well.

It all depends though.
Perkins was a serviceable CB and at times pretty good, but IMHO, the 2nd round is too high to take someone like that. I don't believe the Texans will specifically go after a return man, but will instead bring in players taken in the later rounds or as undrafted free agents that can also return kicks in order to give Moses a challenge. Basically the same thing they did last year.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005   #29
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Thats cool. But as you saw in last years draft, and previous years, LB's dont go as early as CB's. And 2 CB's and a safety were taken before ILB Vilma. But like you said, if he makes it to 13 I would love to have him.
BTW, Cedric Houston has run pretty well at the senior bowl, maybe you are onto something.
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005   #30
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Houston also. I think he will be a first day pick (at least I do right now).

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005   #31
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
#1) Heath Miller - TE (Trade to 20th for extra #2)
#2) David Bass - C
#2) Logan Mankins - OT
#3) WR
#3) Safety
I wouldn't have a problem with that for the most part, but we all know that the Texans want to focus on Defense and i seriously doubt that we would spend 4 picks on offense before waiting until the late 3rd round to draft for the D.
Old 01-30-2005   #32
astrofan
Veteran

30JAN2005

13 ROLB Dan Cody (Matt Roth, David Pollack, Heath Miller, Ronnie Brown)
47 G/C David Baas (Adam Terry, Brandon Browner, Darryl Blackstock)
73 ILB Captain America (Luis Castillo, Barret Ruud, Donte Nicholson)
78 RB/HB Brandon Jacobs (Adam Bergen, Logan Mankins, Rob Petitti)
108 SS Matt Grootegoed (Matt Jones, Ryan Claridge, Adam Seward)

that's another thing... over on the hpf boards we have made a pact to not mention Captain America's true identity in case there are spies in our midst

this is directed at beerlover, Beastlyman2003, YoungTexanFan, Grid, and THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID... I am not trying to cause a problem, we just don't want our enemies to get too high on the Captain... if you see references to his true identity, politely send them a private message so they know not to give the spies too much information... maybe we can get a moderator to expunge all leaks of his real name from the record to date
astrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005   #33
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179496 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Matt Grotegood. He is a baller. He would find a place to contribute .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005   #34
UberDork
Veteran

Rep Power: 216 UberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respected

My picks for the day are

1 Marcus Spears - Seems a perfect fit for DE in the 3-4
2 David Baas - Just what we need if he is here
3a Antonio Perkins - Great return man + backup CB
3b Kirk Morrison - Very productive ILB and a leader
4 Joel Dreessen - Pass catching TE with more size than Miller; sounds like he had a good Senior Bowl week too.
UberDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005   #35
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID Send a message via Yahoo to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID

Quote:
that's another thing... over on the hpf boards we have made a pact to not mention Captain America's true identity in case there are spies in our midst
this is directed at beerlover, Beastlyman2003, YoungTexanFan, Grid, and THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID... I am not trying to cause a problem, we just don't want our enemies to get too high on the Captain... if you see references to his true identity, politely send them a private message so they know not to give the spies too much information... maybe we can get a moderator to expunge all leaks of his real name from the record to date
So your saying if we say "Captin America's" names then another team's fan will run to there message board, tell all of the other board members about him, then the board member's will tell the scouts, and the scouts will say "OMG how could we have missed this guy, I mean he only played in the Shrine Game, its not like he was hidden!" and then the scouts will go tell the GM and we will have "Captin America" stolen from us? Wow I never thought outside of the box like that before. Thanks for the heads up.
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005   #36
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID

So your saying if we say "Captin America's" names then another team's fan will run to there message board, tell all of the other board members about him, then the board member's will tell the scouts, and the scouts will say "OMG how could we have missed this guy, I mean he only played in the Shrine Game, its not like he was hidden!" and then the scouts will go tell the GM and we will have "Captin America" stolen from us? Wow I never thought outside of the box like that before. Thanks for the heads up.
I still can't figure out what in the world yall are talkin bout LoL. I've heard of Captain Planet (The old cartoon), but who in the world is Captain America LoL. Im going to take a wild guess and say our #13 pick. And if thats wrong I'm gonna go with Bush Lm@o.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read