Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-05-2009   #1
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TexansTalk's favorite Texans.....

Just thinking it would be interesting to find out who the message boards's favourite Texans are.

I propose everyone votes for the top 5 favourite Texans. Let's make it a weighted vote. 5pts for your favourite, 4pts for your next favourite etc....

I'll tabulate the results after plenty of people have had a chance to vote.

I'm not asking for the best 5 players, the ones that you care about the most and love to talk about and support.

Here are mine:
5pts - Chester Pitts
4pts - Frank Okam
3pts - Vonta Leach
2pts - Glover Quin
1pt - Mario Williams
Old 06-05-2009   #2
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TexansTalk's favourite Texans.....

LEADERBOARD:

Andre Johnson 158
Mario Williams 137
DeMeco Ryans 65
Steve Slaton 47
Owen Daniels 46
Eric Winston 32
Vonta Leach 27
Chester Pitts 19
Matt Schaub 15
Tim Bulman 11
Kevin Walter 9
Kris Brown 8
Dunta Robinson 8
Antwaun Molden 7
Connor Barwin 5
Frank Okam 4
Xavier Adibi 4
Matt Turk 4
Joel Dressen 3
Duane Brown 3
Brian Cushing 3
Deljuan Robinson 3
James Casey 3
Glover Quin 2
Zach Diles 2
David Anderson 2
Mike Briesel 2

Last edited by kiwitexansfan; 06-06-2009 at 12:31 AM. Reason: 55
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009   #3
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

5 - Mario (not because he is so great but because of the Asswipes who boo'd the pick)

4 - Vonta Leach (Have always liked a FB who knocks people heads off)

3 - Dressen (I have always liked the TE position and how it can be used so I went with the under dog)

2 - Duane Brown (another pick that was treated like crap)

1 - Molden - I actually think he has game
Old 06-05-2009   #4
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

5 - WR Kevin Walter - Great Receiver, has really had to work to get where he is today and very underrated around the league still I believe, needs to work on the celebrations.

4 - DE Mario Williams - Monster...enough said.

3 - WR Andre Johnson - Awesome...enough said.

2 - QB Matt Schaub - Got to show the love for our boy, I think he has had a rough ride with the injuries so far but really has the ability if healthy to be one of the very best in this league I am sure of it.

1 - TE James Casey - Really intrested to see what this guy can do, I love players who are just bonafide pure athletes and that is what Casey is playing every position possible as well as pro baseball. Really hope he sticks on the roster.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009   #5
J. Sean Wonton
Veteran

Rep Power: 83 J. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respected

5 - Andre Johnson - quiet, smart, tough, lots of heart, cool, and best f'ing receiver in the game
4 - Eric Winston - funny, smart, caveman, seems like you could have a beer with him
3 - Owen Daniels - seems like a good guy, not a bad tight end, and he's at ota's
2 - Mario Williams - he's kept cool through a lot of b.s., and i love what he does to qb's
1 - Duane Brown - i just like this guy, seems like a truly cool guy

Last edited by J. Sean Wonton; 06-05-2009 at 05:30 AM.
J. Sean Wonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009   #6
GermanTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 23 GermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of FamerGermanTexan is a Hall of Famer

5 - Demeco Ryans
4 - Andre Johnson
3 - Open Daniels
2 - Mario Williams
1 - Steve Slaton
Old 06-05-2009   #7
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

OD
AJ
Demeco
Leach
Old 06-05-2009   #8
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Bob McNair
Gary Kubiak
Rick Smith
Andre Johnson
Alex Gibbs

The question didn't specify players. Players come and go, sometimes very quickly, and in the end, you are left rooting for the organization and/or some sort of civic pride. Well, I live in Austin and would never voluntarily live in Houston (though I enjoy visiting 8 times per year).

The fact that the board members have left Dunta off their lists completely, pretty well highlights my point.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009   #9
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

5 - Mario
4 - Andre
3 - Leach
2 - Winston
1 - Slaton
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

5 - Jason Simmons
4 - Owen Daniels
3 - Mario Williams
2 - Eric Winston
1 - Demeco Ryans
Old 06-05-2009   #11
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

5 - Andre Johnson
4 - Mario Williams
3 - Demeco Ryans
2 - Steve Slaton
1 - Brian Cushing
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009   #12
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TexansTalk's favorite Texans.....

Andre Johnson - has been since drafted.
Mario Williams - The guy I knew without a doubt we would draft once Carr was given the idiotic extension.
Owen Daniels - imo, a top 3 TE in the league.
DeMeco - He runs the show on D
Kevin Walter - underrated around the league, very legit #2.

Slaton and Cushing get honorable mentions. Slaton was a beast last year and with help will stay that way. I expect big things from Cush.

*up until recently, Dunta was easily top 3 for me.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009   #13
J. Sean Wonton
Veteran

Rep Power: 83 J. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Bob McNair
Gary Kubiak
Rick Smith
Andre Johnson
Alex Gibbs

The question didn't specify players. Players come and go, sometimes very quickly, and in the end, you are left rooting for the organization and/or some sort of civic pride. Well, I live in Austin and would never voluntarily live in Houston (though I enjoy visiting 8 times per year).

The fact that the board members have left Dunta off their lists completely, pretty well highlights my point.
I still like Dunta, but, yeah, he would have been in my top five before.
J. Sean Wonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

1a 5pts- Andre Johnson
1b 4pts- Mario Williams
3. 3pts- Eric Winston
4a 2pts- Demeco Ryans
4b 1pt - Steve Slaton

Honorable mention- Chester Pitts
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009   #15
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Andre Johnson
2. Demeco Ryans
3. Steve Slaton
4. Mario Williams
5. Owen Daniels

Not original, but I like the superstars
Old 06-05-2009   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

5- Barwin
4- AJ
3- Mario
2- OD
1- Leach
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009   #17
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 06-05-2009   #18
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

5 - Mario Williams - I am a defensive guy and he is our monster on that side of the ball. Plus I got in many many heated battles defending this pick over the first couple of years.

4 - Andre Johnson - Clearly one of the best players in the league and maybe the hardest worker on the team.

3 - Eric Winston - Very well spoken, plays nasty, and will be one of the leaders on the O-line for years to come.

2 - Demeco Ryans - One of the most respected players on our team

1 - Brian Cushing - Has the potential to move up this list. Stay Healthy mayne!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009   #19
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

5 - Andre Johnson

4 - DeMeco Ryans

3 - Mario Williams

2 - Steve Slaton

1 - Owen Daniels
Old 06-05-2009   #20
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

5 - Super Mario: Could be Reggie White resurrected if Barwin and Smith are as advertised and Okoye plays at the level he was drafted. Was under more scrutiny than any draft pick this era yet still rose above it and is currently playing to the level he was drafted unlike the players we were "supposed" to draft.

4 - Andre Johnson: Our quiet leader has always been reliable and we can always count on him to make a play when we need it if we just trust in him and let him do it. See: 4th and 10 the Rainmaker's impossible catch

3 - DeMeco Ryans: The leader of the defense who refuses to leave the field even when injured and leaves everything on the field. DeMeco is a true winner on and off the field and if we could have 53 DeMecos on the roster we would win the Super Bowl every year.

2 - Kris Brown: Mr. Automatic can always be depended on to make the game winning FG. The most consistent player in franchise history. See: 3 FGs of 54 yards or more against Miami in 07!!!

1 - Chester Pitts: After all that he's been through with the Texans I would love to see him finally make a pro bowl. He's a much better player than the legacy of the old Texans OLs and should be rewarded as such. The guy is an iron man who has played his heart out for us every step of the way since this organization's inception wherever we asked him to play on the OL.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read