Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-03-2009   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default [CHRONIC] DelJuan Robinson has strange number, inspiring rise

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6455203.html

Quote:
Even after we saw him make plays, impact plays even, last season, something about DelJuan Robinson just doesn’t look right on the Texans’ defensive line.

At 6-3, 300-plus, he’s one of the big boys, so it’s not that.

It’s that number he wears: 66.

Sixty-six? For a big, nasty interior defensive lineman?

It looks weird, all right, but you are going to have a fight on your hands if you try to take that jersey away from Robinson.

“I don’t care what it looks like; I ain’t changing it,” Robinson said after Tuesday morning’s workout. “I’ve had a couple of opportunities to get a number in the 90s, but I won’t do it.

“I didn’t ask for it; they gave me the number. And they’re going to have to take it away.”

Robinson isn’t attached to the number because he loved it as a child. His No. 9 is retired at Hernando High School in Mississippi, where he starred at defensive end. He wore No. 98 at Mississippi State, where he was signed by Jackie Sherrill.

No, Robinson’s 66 was a temporary number that NFL teams give to players when the roster is too big for everyone to have digits that correspond to their position. Big-time draft picks get to stand before the cameras holding up their numbers. Undrafted free agents take what they’re given.

“That automatically told me where I stood from day one: looking like an offensive lineman,” Robinson said. “Every day I look at it, I know where I came from.

“I’m just thankful for a jersey. You can give me No. 1. You can give me double zero. I’m just thankful to get a jersey. Any jersey.”

How can you not root for this guy?
(Click on the link for the rest of the article)

Love this guy....Travis needs to learn heart from him.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #2
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [CHRONIC] DelJuan Robinson has strange number, inspiring rise

I love it.

You want it come take it and pack a lunch because it is going to take you all day.
Old 06-03-2009   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Tell me this guy doesn't make you want to go out and get a 66 custom jersey made.

I'm thinking that if he has another year like he did last season I'm going for it.
Old 06-03-2009   #4
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I got a chance to talk with DelJuan at All Access and he was a great guy, basically said he just plays hard at all times and shook my hand and took some time to talk with my 6 year old boy. I'd take him over TJ all day.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Tell me this guy doesn't make you want to go out and get a 66 custom jersey made.

I'm thinking that if he has another year like he did last season I'm going for it.
The name on the back should simply be "Grunt."
Old 06-03-2009   #6
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Um...please don't take away his motivation because I want to see where he goes with it!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #7
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 87913 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

That's what I'm talking about! I love to hear things like this about a player. I hope he can continue to improve and make the squad full-time. Players like this guy make you wanna cheer for him. Go 66!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-03-2009   #8
Polo

I just want the best guys on the field...Don't care where they come from...
Old 06-03-2009   #9
J. Sean Wonton
Veteran

Rep Power: 83 J. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respected

I like him. Best wishes, DelJuan.
J. Sean Wonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Add me to the growing list of DelJuans fans. I think it would be great if he opened up the season vs the Jets as one of our startings DTs. Can you just imagine how pumped he'd be for that game ? And if he did get the start, you know he earned it because nobodys ever given him anything in his NFL career.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I agree with this, but it's still a nice story.
Old 06-03-2009   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I want guys that go all out and give it everything they have every time they are out there. Right now, that is what DelJuan is.

Oh and get away from my cheerios.
Old 06-03-2009   #13
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

DelJuan is gonna tear stuff up this year.
Old 06-03-2009   #14
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

As always, you can't go wrong with a football player from the football mecca that is Mississippi. Glover Quin and Deljuan Robinson are just the latest examples. We produce only the finest!
Old 06-03-2009   #15
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Good story from a guy who has made big strides since arriving here. I'm really interested to see how he does this year, last year when he was on the field he seemd to havea bigger impact sometimes then the guys drafted in teh first round. I think he'll have a big say in how effective the DT rotation is this year. IF nothing else he's going to be pushing some guys for playing time.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #16
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

I love it when DelJuan and Bulman are in the lineup.

Just imagine those 2 along w/ Cushing, Barwin, and Mario at the same time (if it ever happens).....

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Robinson played really well last year and in spurts really chained together some nice drive stopping plays. It may be a break out year for him.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
As always, you can't go wrong with a football player from the football mecca that is Mississippi. Glover Quin and Deljuan Robinson are just the latest examples. We produce only the finest!
And the women ain't to shabby either.
Old 06-03-2009   #19
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Good story from a guy who has made big strides since arriving here. I'm really interested to see how he does this year, last year when he was on the field he seemd to havea bigger impact sometimes then the guys drafted in teh first round. I think he'll have a big say in how effective the DT rotation is this year. IF nothing else he's going to be pushing some guys for playing time.
Completely agree with this post. I don't know if there has been a better game by one of our DTs since we became a 4-3 squad than the game he had against Tennessee last year. I'm definitely rooting for him to start but if he doesn't he needs to be getting a lot of snaps.
Old 06-03-2009   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

"66" may give him the strength of many men..............1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11=66
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read