Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-02-2009   #1
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tim Jamison - DE - Michigan

http://www.freep.com/article/2009042...S06/904220383/

Around 6'3 - 263 lbs

Compare his numbers with a couple others:

Jamison
40 - 5.16 (combine), 4.95 (pro day)
20 yd shuttle - 4.60 (same at combine and on his pro day)
3 cone - 7.56 (combine) 7.40 (pro day)

Robert Ayers
40 - 4.90
20 yd shuttle - 4.51
3 cone - 7.56

Everette Brown
40 - 4.73
20 yd shuttle - 4.53
3 cone - 7.55

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story?id=...o&confirm=true

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story?id=...o&confirm=true
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #2
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tim Jamison - DE - Michigan

Is he still available or something?

Seems like there would be a reason 32/32 teams passed on him 7 times and again in UDFA....

....what the hell, give him a shot!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #3
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post

Seems like there would be a reason 32/32 teams passed on him 7 times and again in UDFA....

He's already on the team.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #4
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

His time in the 3-cone drill shows that he can get there in short bursts, which was what I oberved in the 3 games I reviewed (07 against Minnesota, Ohio St, and Florida - in the Capital One Bowl.)

If you like a guy with a mean streak, he's one of them.

If you want to see Beanie Well flat on his back, ask Tim.
(It ain't a pretty sight, LOL!)

In the Gators' game, he kept throwing guys around.
From the smaller guy (Louis Murphy, 202 lbs) - send him flying into Tebow.
To the medium guy (TE Hernandez - 256 lbs)
To the big guy (G Jim Tartt - 319 lbs)

Other times, he would push these OLs (300-319 lbs) into the QB, getting a hand on the ball and knocking it away at least 3 times that I can count.

Generally, he can push the pocket.
Think bookend with Mario.

Pound for pound, I think he's quite strong, surprisingly.
Probably PS material. But who knows.
Bulman might be safe (???), but there's no telling about Nading.
Old 06-02-2009   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226908 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I've said this several times in several threads but I saw him on NFLN doing some drills during the Senior Bowl practices and I thought he looked really good. I don't know maybe he was going against scrubs in those drills and that made him look better than he is but I'm really excited we picked him up as a UDFA.

He could surprise some people. Our DE position is going to be a war this year.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post

You can still consider him a tweener.
And his 40 time at the combine didn't help him.
Old 06-02-2009   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I've said this several times in several threads but I saw him on NFLN doing some drills during the Senior Bowl practices and I thought he looked really good. I don't know maybe he was going against scrubs in those drills and that made him look better than he is but I'm really excited we picked him up as a UDFA.

He could surprise some people. Our DE position is going to be a war this year.
At least I know I am not hallucinating, LOL!

I hate war, but I love battles!
Sponsored links
Old 06-02-2009   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

disreguard
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read