Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-02-2009   #1
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "OPEN" Daniels.... It's official

from HT.com's live chat with Owen Daniels:

barrett - austin, TX, US: Owen, we over at texanstalk.com have given you the nickname "OPEN" Daniels. What do you think? Seems pretty appropriate I think!

Owen Daniels: I like it a lot. Whoever thought of that is a genius, and it works because it's true. Thanks.

There you have it. It's official. Put O.D. to rest. OPEN Daniels is our starting TE.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "OPEN" Daniels.... It's official

Nobody is going to give me credit for it but I came up with that. There's a thread somewhere about nicknames and I was talking about how some of our guys are starting to get nicknames and I came up with Open Daniels. Darn it where's my copyright when I need it.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Nobody is going to give me credit for it but I came up with that. There's a thread somewhere about nicknames and I was talking about how some of our guys are starting to get nicknames and I came up with Open Daniels. Darn it where's my copyright when I need it.
Send him an e-mail.
Maybe you'll get some good seats at one of the games!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #4
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

www.opendaniels.com

it's available.
Old 06-02-2009   #5
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The blasphemy! It was I who coined it I tell you!!!! I!!!

I'll now show proof if it pleases the court:

06-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
that's my nickname for Walter "KevinS Walter" i figure the trend is to add an "s" somewhere it doesn't belong so that's what i do.

i've been campaigning for a year and a half now to have Owen Daniels' name officially changed to Open Daniels.

those are the only two nick names I have come up with. Obviously KevinS Walter is stupid but it stuck. Open Daniels though, that's pure gold.
12-10-2007
Quote:
totally clutch.

a nickname we came up with:

Kevins Walter.

and my personal favorite:

OPEN Daniels

I know the Kevin(s) one is lame but help me spread the love with OPEN Daniels... it's too perfect!
and from all the way back in 10-09-2007
Quote:
call it whatever you want....

i'm calling it "Open" Daniels from now on. I'm lovin' it!
Your witness.
Old 06-02-2009   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh, I'll stick with OD. Short, sweet and easy to bark while in a drunken stupor.

If I were to choose a nickname for OD, it'd be "The Weatherman"
Old 06-02-2009   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

provide links Barrett so others can judge.
Sponsored links
Old 06-02-2009   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If you have time to go over all your posts then be my guest. Either way I'm cool.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you have time to go over all your posts then be my guest. Either way I'm cool.
I just did a pretty big search...couldn't find an old phrase of "open daniels" for you. I'll look more later, and over at the dotcom.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #10
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
provide links Barrett so others can judge.
the little blue thingy next to his name in the quote jumps you to the page.
Old 06-02-2009   #11
barrett
Hall of Fame

giggidy. Thanks dragon. I just learned something new!
Old 06-02-2009   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

May 18, 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
In the event that we ever draft someone named Owen, I suggest his nickname be "Open." If he plays on offense that is
Winner

(now I need a time machine...)
Old 06-02-2009   #13
barrett
Hall of Fame

or at least a "blue thingy" Who cares in the end. I'm just please to see that the man himself is digging it!

God we're not even to the dry time yet!
Old 06-02-2009   #14
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The blasphemy! It was I who coined it I tell you!!!! I!!!

I'll now show proof if it pleases the court:

06-02-2008

12-10-2007

and from all the way back in 10-09-2007

Your witness.

Barrett also came up with the nickname for my three kids:

Benjamin... he came up with "Ben"
Samuel... he came up with "Sam"
Kathryn... he came up with "Kate"

The man is a genius! By the way, he has been annoyingly persistant screaming Open Daniels for the past 2 seasons. He was calling OD "Open Daniels" back when I was calling Demarcus Faggins "The Man!"
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
or at least a "blue thingy" Who cares in the end. I'm just please to see that the man himself is digging it!

God we're not even to the dry time yet!
MY computer is color blind because I do not see a "blue thingy"
Old 06-02-2009   #16
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
MY computer is color blind because I do not see a "blue thingy"
When you quote someone beside their name is a blue thing, if you click on it it will take you directly to the page of the quote. In this post, in the quote there is an arrow beside your name if you click on it you will be taken to your post.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
When you quote someone beside their name is a blue thing, if you click on it it will take you directly to the page of the quote. In this post, in the quote there is an arrow beside your name if you click on it you will be taken to your post.
See I was looking for a link not that, I knew that was there and did not even think about that. D'oh

Old 06-02-2009   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
May 18, 2004

Winner

(now I need a time machine...)
Sorry, we have a strict five year rule on coinage rights of nicknames.
Old 06-02-2009   #19
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Eh, I'll stick with OD. Short, sweet and easy to bark while in a drunken stupor.

If I were to choose a nickname for OD, it'd be "The Weatherman"
Same here.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #20
barrett
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Barrett also came up with the nickname for my three kids:

Benjamin... he came up with "Ben"
Samuel... he came up with "Sam"
Kathryn... he came up with "Kate"

The man is a genius! By the way, he has been annoyingly persistant screaming Open Daniels for the past 2 seasons. He was calling OD "Open Daniels" back when I was calling Demarcus Faggins "The Man!"
I'd like to know who came up with that spelling of Kathryn? I'm going to start calling you Dayle or Jaques. Hmmmm?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read