Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Who would you choose?
Mr. Mittens 10 35.71%
Sausage Boi 18 64.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2009   #1
Polo

Default Something has gone terribly wrong...

Football is at it's lowest....

David Carr and VY are the last two QB's on earth....

Pick one.
Old 06-02-2009   #2
Polo

Default Re: Something has gone terribly wrong...

I was thinking about VY's vs. David Carr's early careers' and VY's comments about going to another situation. IMHO, Vince Young was a better QB than David Carr was. David threw the ball a bit better, but the overall product IMHO was less than what VY brought to the table initially.

Personally, I'd go with VY. That said, I think that VY does have the ability to get his career back together...David got a few chances to redeem himself....I'm hoping that VY will get the opprotunity as well...
Old 06-02-2009   #3
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is the third choice, syphylis?
Old 06-02-2009   #4
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that's part of a package deal when you select sausage boi
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #5
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Where is the third choice, syphylis?
I just thought it was an interesting comparison since there were so many D.Carr supporters who felt like he was really a good QB trapped inside a bad QB's body.

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to make the case that VY is leaps and bounds better. But many felt like David had starting QB potential so I just wanted to kinda see how folks felt about him compared to VY because VY is pretty much universally talked about like the worst QB ever. Maybe some of the same one's that thought David was a "woulda, coulda, shoulda....if only".
Old 06-02-2009   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Sell the franchise or promote the towel boy
Old 06-02-2009   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75384 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

neither...i'm picking myself. I can't be any worse than those 2.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-02-2009   #8
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I just thought it was an interesting comparison since there were so many D.Carr supporters who felt like he was really a good QB trapped inside a bad QB's body.

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to make the case that VY is leaps and bounds better. But many felt like David had starting QB potential so I just wanted to kinda see how folks felt about him compared to VY because VY is pretty much universally talked about like the worst QB ever. Maybe some of the same one's that thought David was a "woulda, coulda, shoulda....if only".
I get it. I just think the two are about the same guy. One is a slacker(Carr), the other is a guy who believes his own hype so much he doesnt put in the work and feels he should be handed a job(VY). Both are losers who will not amount to much if they don't change something. So I vote C.
Old 06-02-2009   #9
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Sell the franchise or promote the towel boy
Start drinking heavily and doing lots and lots of hallucinogenics.
Old 06-02-2009   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Start drinking heavily and doing lots and lots of hallucinogenics.
Or this^^^

Gotta spread the rep
Old 06-02-2009   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 214832 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't vote in this poll. I am abstaining from this selection process.

I stopped watching NFL football once before in 1996 and didn't pay much attention to it until 2002. I can do it again and if things got that bad I'd just walk away from this game for a while and follow Manchester United full time or something.
Old 06-02-2009   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Football is at it's lowest....

David Carr and VY are the last two QB's on earth....

Pick one.
That choice is as bad as figuring out what nut to cut-off. NEITHER!!
Old 06-03-2009   #13
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I get it. I just think the two are about the same guy. One is a slacker(Carr), the other is a guy who believes his own hype so much he doesnt put in the work and feels he should be handed a job(VY). Both are losers who will not amount to much if they don't change something. So I vote C.
I've gotta disagree

Carr was not a slacker, what he was, was a guy who had priorities other than football. He worked hard when he was at the facility then went home and lived his life. He didn't live breath and die football.

Young just quit on his team and has no discernable quarterbacking skills.

I'd choose Carr in a heart beat.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #14
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I disagree. I think he was a bad QB trapped in a good QB's body. His entire problem was between the ears. Actually, VY's entire problem is between the ears, and with the recent comments, I'm seeing where that Wonderlic score of 6 is coming into play again.

I also think David Carr of 2002-mid '04 was a different QB than the DC we saw later. Early DC never quit - he went out there sack after sack after sack, he went out there with a busted up shoulder, and he kept on pushing. It's the one thing I'll always admire about the guy.

VY seems to be all about quit, on the other hand, when he isn't busy letting his prima donna attitude write checks his ass can't cash.
Old 06-03-2009   #15
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I disagree. I think he was a bad QB trapped in a good QB's body. His entire problem was between the ears. Actually, VY's entire problem is between the ears, and with the recent comments, I'm seeing where that Wonderlic score of 6 is coming into play again.

I also think David Carr of 2002-mid '04 was a different QB than the DC we saw later. Early DC never quit - he went out there sack after sack after sack, he went out there with a busted up shoulder, and he kept on pushing. It's the one thing I'll always admire about the guy.

VY seems to be all about quit, on the other hand, when he isn't busy letting his prima donna attitude write checks his ass can't cash.
Completely agree. I'd take Carr over Young in a heartbeat just because of the continuous pounding Carr took due to our horrible line and his resilience to keep going out there and playing, even though he knew he was gonna get hit as many times as he did. If we could of had a discernible offensive line the first two years to allow him to acclimate to the NFL, I think he would of turned into a serviceable NFL QB.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #16
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I would go full time Wildcat, and let Steve Slaton receive the snaps.
Old 06-03-2009   #17
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 45235 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

If they are the last 2 QB's on earth, it's time to give up football.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #18
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I've gotta disagree

Carr was not a slacker, what he was, was a guy who had priorities other than football. He worked hard when he was at the facility then went home and lived his life. He didn't live breath and die football.

Young just quit on his team and has no discernable quarterbacking skills.

I'd choose Carr in a heart beat.
Not putting in the extra work is what I conmsider a slacker. I thought Carr was gonna be elite till the end. He was athletic with a stron arm and accurate. VY had 2 of those traits but is WAY too full of himself.
Old 06-03-2009   #19
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
Completely agree. I'd take Carr over Young in a heartbeat just because of the continuous pounding Carr took due to our horrible line and his resilience to keep going out there and playing, even though he knew he was gonna get hit as many times as he did. If we could of had a discernible offensive line the first two years to allow him to acclimate to the NFL, I think he would of turned into a serviceable NFL QB.
From where I'm sitting, both of them are failures at this point...

Why they failed is not really as important to me as which one has the best chance of any inkling of future success...

And I agree that David was a tough guy. No doubt about that. That is one plus that he has going for him.
Old 06-03-2009   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

VY. We already know what carr is like on this team.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read