Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-01-2009   #1
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns
Default [NFL Outsider] Texans, Finally, Will Head To Postseason

Sorry if its been posted. Thought it was a decent write-up.

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.ph...u=IeWly&ref=nf

Quote:
Save the trendiness of the pick: I wouldn't be predicting this if I didn't feel this team was good enough to flat out win the division.

Yes, the 2009 Houston Texans are that good.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009   #2
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69008 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [NFL Outsider] Texans, Finally, Will Head To Postseason

We are becoming that "I told you so" pick. Good article, thanks for the link.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags View Post
Sorry if its been posted. Thought it was a decent write-up.

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.ph...u=IeWly&ref=nf
FACEBOOK?

...for sports??

who knew?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Williams has recognition around the league (2 pro bowls in his three seasons)
Mario has been to only one probowl. In 2007 he was snubbed.

Quote:
The depth they have in the secondary is something to write home about, as plenty of resources have gone into improving that position over the last three years.
Exactly what you would you say in this letter? I am still waiting for Bennett or Molden to become a starter.
Old 06-01-2009   #5
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
FACEBOOK?

...for sports??

who knew?
Ha, yeah, I followed a link on the side of the page for the Brian Cushing fan page. Had it on there.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #6
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually hate all of these sites and post about how its the Texans year, yet this has been the best write up about the pick I have seen.
Old 06-02-2009   #7
whiskeyrbl

Good find.
Sponsored links
Old 06-02-2009   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 300089 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: [NFL Outsider] Texans, Finally, Will Head To Postseason

Did somebody call my name???

mmmmmm, battle red cherry flavor, too!

Man, I - along with every other Texans fan - want this sooooooo bad.
Old 06-02-2009   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Then its settled - we can starting buying our playoff tickets today.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #10
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

PLayoffs ..... are u kidding me PLayoffss Playoffs

i just hope we win a few games :P
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Mario has been to only one probowl. In 2007 he was snubbed.

Exactly what you would you say in this letter? I am still waiting for Bennett or Molden to become a starter.
They did say "depth", so they aren't necessarily talking about only starters. I do get your point, especially considering our lack of depth at safety.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #12
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I actually hate all of these sites and post about how its the Texans year, yet this has been the best write up about the pick I have seen.
I don't much care for this stuff either. Of course I don't care much for what media (if Facebook is media now) has to say good or bad. They're just giving opinions that are no different than yours or mine.

Games have to be played and plays have to be made in those games. Injuries are always a factor too.

If the Texans stay healthy, protect the ball and have any improvement on defense, they've got a good chance to play January ball. They were 8-4 in their last 12 games last season. Stop one 4th down play in the Jags game, and don't go Rosencopter, and there's 10 wins last season. So yeah, I think they're very capable of getting 10 or better.

If the defense moves up the rankings even just a little, if the offense is any where close to last year except they protect the ball a little better, and they stay healthy, this team is serious playoff contenders.

That's how I feel, I don't care what Facebook, ESPN, or any other "expert" has to say, good or bad.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009   #13
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I don't much care for this stuff either. Of course I don't care much for what media (if Facebook is media now) has to say good or bad. They're just giving opinions that are no different than yours or mine.

That's how I feel, I don't care what Facebook, ESPN, or any other "expert" has to say, good or bad.
Just FYI, I don't believe this write up has anything to do with Facebook, the OP just posted a Facebook link TO this site. Thats why when you click on the link it sends you to a page saying you are leaving Facebook. Having said that it is just another internet site so its not some big media outlet but it has no affiliation with Facebook. (The OP mentions NFL Outsider in the title) Here is the link to the page minus the Facebook detour:

http://mvn.com/outsider/2009/05/nfl-...ostseason.html
Old 06-04-2009   #14
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
PLayoffs ..... are u kidding me PLayoffss Playoffs

i just hope we win a few games :P

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009   #15
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Just FYI, I don't believe this write up has anything to do with Facebook, the OP just posted a Facebook link TO this site. Thats why when you click on the link it sends you to a page saying you are leaving Facebook. Having said that it is just another internet site so its not some big media outlet but it has no affiliation with Facebook. (The OP mentions NFL Outsider in the title) Here is the link to the page minus the Facebook detour:

http://mvn.com/outsider/2009/05/nfl-...ostseason.html
It doesn't matter. I hardly ever click a link to go read that stuff (good or bad) anyway. And unless someone copies and pastes the article or a portion or whatever, here, then that's the only place my eyes will see it. I just don't need all that white noise from somebody who's probably seen 2 Texans games in 3 years or even the garbage that comes from our local sportswriters. Or even something good from somebody good. 10 billion "experts" can pick the Texans to make the playoffs. It doesn't make it so.

I get all the opinions I need right here, and for the most part, much more informed opinions than anyone else who decides to write something on the Texans.

Yeah, that's right, the Texans Talk media ROCKS!!!! Now if we can start handing out some media passes, that would be swell.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read