Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-31-2009   #21
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Offseason Progress Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Satying on topic according to this thread I think with a new DC and with guys like Barwin and Cushing coming in to help our team we can only do better then 8-8. As stated, the Colts I expect will struggle during the season since they lost one of if not the best HC in NFL modern history, IMO, the Jags will rely on MoJo power and with Garrad's performance last year and there WRs corps weak I also expect them to have a 7-9 type of season. The Titans will sturggle because that fat lard Haynewsworth-less is gone and that should hurt there D-Line and I just don't see Collins having the same performance as he did last year. Plus we have an easy schedule and I fully expect us to make the playoffs and anything short of the playoffs will be considered horrible!
Easy schedule? I wouldn't be so quick to call the 9ers, seahawks, browns etc easy because this is still the NFL. Teams that suck can turn it around in one season now. (see fins) Don't the AFC south teams basically play the same schedule? If the NFC west makes it easy for us I would think it would be the same for the other AFC south teams. We all have to play the AFC east too which may not be all that easy but I'm thinking if we win 3 out of 4 against both of those divisions we should cruise into the playoffs. JMO.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009   #22
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I wouldn't go that far.

I don't buy this crap either...

- Dispite the disarray that seems to be the Colts coaching staff, the team only lost one offensive weapon - Harrison. And went out and got Addai some help at RB. OBTW, Manning is still orchestrating that offense. They'll still be tough.
- On paper, the Titans always seem to have some deficiency; last year it was "no #1 WR". This year its "they'll REALLY miss Haynesworth". Bullock, Vanden Bosch, Kearsh, and a fairly good secondary are all still there. And Jeffy always puts his guys in position to win. This year will be no diff.
- The Jags couldn't possibly have a repeat of the M.A.S.H.-type experience they had last year, could they? Garrard will be playing to show he's worth all that money. And did I mention that JDR is very likely coaching for his job this year. They will miss Fred Taylor more than they think but they'll still be tough.

The diff is, we are much more equipped to run through it successfully than we've ever been. Since Kubiak's been here, we've beat them all. And they know it too which means they won't play us cheap any more.

oh yeah, the Gauntlet of Football Hell is still here in the AFC South.
Pretty much dead on the last part of the post. The AFC south is still going to be one of the toughest divisions in football next year.

I do think losing Dungy is big but, until Peyton hangs his cleats up for good, that team isn't going to be a pushover to beat. What's worse is he'll be healthy going into TC and added possibly the best RB in the draft to his backfield. They added some depth and talent at DT too.

Even without Haynesworth the Titans will be tough and much as I hate to admit it Lard and Tard present a formidable backfield. They will be the they might always be the bridesmaid with Collins at the helm but, Fisher always has the team ready to play and play tough.

Jags will likely be a Jekyll and Hyde team next year. Even before drafting to young bookends at T in the draft they added Tra Thomas and Torry Holt. I think they'll miss Taylor's presence a lot and unless someone else emerges I do think MJD will have atough time carrying the running game by himself. Their team is possibly younger then ours.

All that said we've made some big improvements ourselves and we shot ourselves in the foot too many times last year with turnovers and leaving points on the field. If we can improve on thoser two alone...we're going to be a tough team to play.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009   #23
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Hell the defense can play like crap again, but as long as Houston doesn't turn the ball over and gets a little better in the redzone we'll still make the playoffs.

Defense aside.....the biggest thing that kept us from a playoff caliber season was the god awful amount of turnovers and leaving a shit load of points off the board.
Yeah. If our defense is around average in all catigories we're gonna be a team worry about. As long as we reduce turn overs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read