Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kubiak on NFLN tonite

W

whiskeyrbl

Kubiak is going to be on NFL network tonite at 6pm our time talking one on one about what it will take for the Texans to get to the next level.

I'm not looking for a word for word recounting of the program but if anyone can give the jist of what is said I will rep you for your efforts! I don't have NFLN!!!!!!!

I'm not looking for a word for word recounting of the program but if anyone can give the jist of what is said I will rep you for your efforts! I don't have NFLN!!!!!!!

Dunno if it helps, but the clip will likely be on NFL.com tomorrow. They always break down their shows and post clips the following day.

thanks for the heads up, i got it locked in. I can hear Kubiak sayin the normal"you know, we just gotta score more points and not turn the ball over, Qb staying healthy for 16, defense being more aggressive" lol, its ALL true, I just know Kubiak has studied that question plenty and has the same answers everytime

highlights:

fran charles segways to the interview with an awful houston we have a problem joke

a lot of focus on schaub, said he has to play 16 games, he's a leader and needs to be there for the team to win...

typical stuff about how the young players need to grow up...

joked about how we have veterans on the team now...

said the expectations are playoffs and wants it for the city again

asked about how were a better 8-8 said we have a lot more starters and things in place than a year ago

after the interview marshall faulk was talking about schaub and was very negative, they showed game film of week 2 @ tennessee when the whole team played horrible and showed some errant passes....he then surmised that schaub isn't an accurate passer and waits too long to deliver the ball...weird how they only showed highlights of that game and not how he improved in the second game against the titans in houston

....and because faulk is a moron he went on to completely contradict himself and conceded that we are a high powered offense and named andre and some guy named walterSS (didn't know he was a texan? friggin moron faulk) but he did give props to owen daniels

fran charles segways to the interview with an awful houston we have a problem joke

I'm not usually this guy, but it's segue. I can't ever forget it, I misspelled it in the 5th grade to get 3rd place in my schools spelling bee :(.

Thanks for the recap though.

highlights:

a lot of focus on schaub, said he has to play 16 games, he's a leader and needs to be there for the team to win...

typical stuff about how the young players need to grow up...

joked about how we have veterans on the team now...

said the expectations are playoffs and wants it for the city again

asked about how were a better 8-8 said we have a lot more starters and things in place than a year ago

after the interview marshall faulk was talking about schaub and was very negative, they showed game film of week 2 @ tennessee when the whole team played horrible and showed some errant passes....he then surmised that schaub isn't an accurate passer and waits too long to deliver the ball...weird how they only showed highlights of that game and not how he improved in the second game against the titans in houston

....and because faulk is a moron he went on to completely contradict himself and conceded that we are a high powered offense and named andre and some guy named walterSS (didn't know he was a texan? friggin moron faulk) but he did give props to owen daniels

Yeah, that really chapped my ass......Actually pissed me off pretty good. That was a straight ESPN move that NFLN pulled. How the hell are you going to pull tape from possibly the worst career game a player has played and then try to pass it off like that's how he is week in and week out? Completely bush and unprofessional if you ask me. It's almost like Faulk was asked to watch tape on Schaub for this segment and when he got through with "week 3" he had seen enough.

Schaub, first half of the season wasn't close to the player we saw in the second half of the season.....it was only his second year starting and down the stretch it looked like a light went off in Schaub's head...he was a completely different player.

Last edited:
I didn't see Gary Kubiak thumping his chest or letting his emotions control his better judgement. very Steve McQueenish, cool & detached yet very focused. Gary Kubiak & your Houston Texans are going to see significant market growth (fan base) impact in post season (playoffs) & make serious inroads as to who is Americas Team. Total class guy, can't help but love the roll heading into 09 season, gonna catch some teams early then steamroll into playoffs baby :specnatz:

I didn't want to create a new thread just for this, and I sorta realize this doesn't really belong in this section...but just wanted to share that I saw Kubes at the Whataburger San Felipe earlier this month. Didn't approach him or anything like that, cause I was kinda busy eating myself. :)

dqg6j8.jpg

I'm repping you for this and if you don't mind, stealing this pic! I have a new avatar.

Last edited:
What does Faulk have against Texans players anyway? I remember earlier this year he said that Slaton isn't an every down back and was negative about him as well. Still bitter we didn't draft Bush or what?

I didn't want to create a new thread just for this, and I sorta realize this doesn't really belong in this section...but just wanted to share that I saw Kubes at the Whataburger San Felipe earlier this month. Didn't approach him or anything like that, cause I was kinda busy eating myself. :)

dqg6j8.jpg

Gotta admit the man knows a good burger.:cool:

What does Faulk have against Texans players anyway? I remember earlier this year he said that Slaton isn't an every down back and was negative about him as well. Still bitter we didn't draft Bush or what?

Sadly, I think thats what it is. Talk about pathetic. He's one of my absolute least favorite guys on any show. He turns everything into some comparison of himself.

dqg6j8.jpg

Is that by the wholefoods on Voss?

There have been quite a few player/staff sightings in that area...

Honestly, I don't have a problem what was said. I questioned the accuracy statement, but overall, I think it was a positive segment.

For those bashing Faulk, you know he ended up saying we'll finally turn the corner and be a playoff this season team, right?

It's a block over. The Wholefoods is on Woodway, this is on San Felipe and Winrock.

Yeah...That's it...

I have a friend that works at the wholefoods and he said that he's seen Mario and Rick Smith come in within the last month...

Says Rick Smith was trying to buy alchohol...Before 12 on Sunday....

Guess he's not used to trying to get a cold one before gametime......

Faulk is a doofus. I honestly cringe every time he opens his piehole on NFLN. I just don't find him informative, much less entertaining. And it has nothing to do with last night. I just don't find him to be a decent analyst in any regard.

For those bashing Faulk, you know he ended up saying we'll finally turn the corner and be a playoff this season team, right?

He's still a doofus. :shades:

Faulk is a doofus. I honestly cringe every time he opens his piehole on NFLN. I just don't find him informative, much less entertaining. And it has nothing to do with last night. I just don't find him to be a decent analyst in any regard.

He's still a doofus. :shades:

Well, sure he is. ;)

Burger & fries.... $3.79
Shake.............. $1.59
Seeing that you were right about his skill level... PRICELESS

While we're on the subject of burgers, as anyone been to In-N-Out? I CAN NOT WAIT to go back to LA this summer for my graduation trip, just to eat some more In-N-Out:

The fries and burgers aren't made until you order it:

Flickr_nattokun_285273165--In-N-Out_Cutting_Fries.jpg

And then you get this:

800px-Flickr_hellochris_202508906--In-N-Out_triple_cheeseburger_fries.jpg

Best ever.

I have to admit, those burgers from In-and-Out are pretty tasty. I make a point to snag one whenever I get to L.A.

thick shakes too

I have eaten there and honestly I will take a Dan's burger here in Austin over them any day of the week. Hell I could not even get Jalepanos on my burger there, what the hell is up with that.

I have eaten there and honestly I will take a Dan's burger here in Austin over them any day of the week. Hell I could not even get Jalepanos on my burger there, what the hell is up with that.

why would you ruin a perfectly good burger with jalapenos??
:hmmm:

GP erases about 73 obnoxious negative karma posts with that picture....hilarious. Looks like you will keep your membership here. congrats. :horn:

Marshall Faulk is just like most of the fans in the league. We've never ever had a season over .500 and we are going on a decade in the league. I don't really think it's hard to believe that most people are not going to believe in this team on spec. We've never exceeded anyone's expectations outside of opening day in 2002.

GP erases about 73 obnoxious negative karma posts with that picture....hilarious. Looks like you will keep your membership here. congrats. :horn:

Marshall Faulk is just like most of the fans in the league. We've never ever had a season over .500 and we are going on a decade in the league. I don't really think it's hard to believe that most people are not going to believe in this team on spec. We've never exceeded anyone's expectations outside of opening day in 2002.

I hear what you're saying. And you're right. It's a show me world. We really haven't shown a history of winning.

But this year, we make will them believe.
I can feel it.

I am a Sunshine Club member and I'm drinkin' da Koolade

I hear what you're saying. And you're right. It's a show me world. We really haven't shown a history of winning.

But this year, we make will them believe.
I can feel it.

I am a Sunshine Club member and I'm drinkin' da Koolade
it's kinda the same thing as the Cardinals trying to get some National respect before they won their Conference. It is tough to jump on a bandwagon that has never gone anywhere but in circles. I think this team will have plenty of National love if we take it to the next level this season, we have a pretty likable team.

it's kinda the same thing as the Cardinals trying to get some National respect before they won their Conference. It is tough to jump on a bandwagon that has never gone anywhere but in circles. I think this team will have plenty of National love if we take it to the next level this season, we have a pretty likable team.

esp coming out of the AFC south which has been a tough division over the years

I don't fault anyone for that, simply because the Texans are an underdog team for it's entire history. It's tough to impossible to debate otherwise.

I just don't find Marshall Faulk to be all that knowledgeable, and he's often overshadowed by more intelligent football minds on NFLN (he contradicts himself too much, as well). He'd do alright if he was on CBS or NBC, though. My take is that he's got an analyst gig because of The Ring. JMO

I don't fault anyone for that, simply because the Texans are an underdog team for it's entire history. It's tough to impossible to debate otherwise.

I just don't find Marshall Faulk to be all that knowledgeable, and he's often overshadowed by more intelligent football minds on NFLN (he contradicts himself too much, as well). He'd do alright if he was on CBS or NBC, though. My take is that he's got an analyst gig because of The Ring. JMO

I agree on Faulk, I've found no redeeming qualities in his analysis. Of course maybe that's because I've only heard him bash, or at best offer a backhanded compliment to the Texans.

Oh, but they will all say that the Colts had lost Dungy...Manning is on the decline with the team around him beginning to lose its luster.

They'll say the Titans aren't a good team because they need a good QB.

They'll say the same about Jacksonville, especially the arrests/legal issues.

In short: Our success will be waved off as merely getting lucky at the right time, which I wish I could say the same of my dating experiences earlier in life. :shots:

Oh, but they will all say that the Colts had lost Dungy...Manning is on the decline with the team around him beginning to lose its luster.

They'll say the Titans aren't a good team because they need a good QB.

They'll say the same about Jacksonville, especially the arrests/legal issues.

In short: Our success will be waved off as merely getting lucky at the right time, which I wish I could say the same of my dating experiences earlier in life. :shots:

And they'll be right on all counts.............and we'll still be a better team..........and, possibly, THE better team.:texflag:

Back