Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-27-2009   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre Johnson held out of practice

Anyone know why?
Quote:
Head coach Gary Kubiak

(on Wednesday’s practice) “We came inside because of the threat of lightning out there. I held a couple of guys once we came inside. I held (LB) Zac Diles out; I held (WR) Andre Johnson out, but other than that we’re good. We did good work - did some team, worked on some pressure, so we’re making progress.”
Doesn't elaborate

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=5306
Old 05-27-2009   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson held out of practice

Probably a sore hammy or something.

Andre is the franchise, the season is going to ride or die with him....if he has something as minor as even a leg bruise you hold him out of something as meaningless as OTAs
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #3
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's because they went inside to the turf. They did that some of that last year too.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #4
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Andre is the franchise, the season is going to ride or die with him....if he has something as minor as even a leg bruise you hold him out of something as meaningless as OTAs
EXACTLY...don't even let that guy get so much as a ding on him. I want to have to pay for playoff tickets this year.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
It's because they went inside to the turf. They did that some of that last year too.
Quote:
"I held a couple of guys once we came inside."
Yep, that's what it sounds like to me.
Old 05-27-2009   #6
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Probably a sore hammy or something.

I would absolutely agree with the first part of this comment. He is the franchise. I would have to disagree with the second part though. In 2007 the Texans receiving corps played together admirably while Johnson was out. Two years later, with virtually the same offense in tact, add a run game and experience and I would argue that the Texans could probably improve on that admirable Johnson-less stretch and probably continue to perform pretty well. I recognize that our Win Loss record didn't show the team performing well but that time was critical in the development of Walter and the rest of the receivers. If that same event happened this season I think we could bounce back. Would we be glad to get him back? You bet? Do we feel like we can play at a high level without him? You bet. (That's my best Kubiak impression. What do you think?)

This gets me wondering what everyone else thinks. If we were to lose Johnson for the same 6 games again, with the 09' schedule, how do you think we'd do?

wk 3- Jax @ Hou : W I think we still win this game.
wk 4- Oak @ Hou: W again, we SHOULD be able to take care of biz even without A.J.
wk 5- Hou @ Cards: L This shoot out would probably come up short.
wk 6- Hou @ Cin: W maintaining T.O.P. and keeping the ball out of Palmers hands.
wk 7- S.F. @ Hou: W Improved Niners but they still lack the ability to put up points.
wk 8- Hou @ Buf: W This could go either way but I don't see loosing A.J. as enough to push us over the falls.
wk 9- Hou @ Ind: L This one would be too much to overcome most likely.

All in all I think we would really only be crippled in the two games where we'll probably need to put up 24+ to win. I see the Cards game as a should win as it stands currently where as the away game at Indy would be a blessing to come out with a W.(note: we would be loosing him in the Tacks game in week 2 so we might loose that one. Of course we might loose that one anyway even if he's healthy.)
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #7
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
I want to have to pay for playoff tickets this year.
first time I've seen that thought typed out, and it looks pretty damn sweet.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-27-2009   #8
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
first time I've seen that thought typed out, and it looks pretty damn sweet.

Felt pretty sweet typing it too!
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #9
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Because this is why:

Andre: Coach I farted like 10 minutes ago.
Kubiak: Okay, take the rest of the day off.
Almost anybody else: Coach I have something that really hurts.
Kubiak: So....are you quiting or what's the deal?
AAE: Well, I thought I could sit out like Andre...
Kubiak: Sure, right after you lead the league in being a badass.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its not a big deal. Dre doesn't need to work on much(anything). As long as he is ready for openning day, we're ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
I would absolutely agree with the first part of this comment. He is the franchise. I would have to disagree with the second part though. In 2007 the Texans receiving corps played together admirably while Johnson was out. Two years later, with virtually the same offense in tact, add a run game and experience and I would argue that the Texans could probably improve on that admirable Johnson-less stretch and probably continue to perform pretty well. I recognize that our Win Loss record didn't show the team performing well but that time was critical in the development of Walter and the rest of the receivers. If that same event happened this season I think we could bounce back. Would we be glad to get him back? You bet? Do we feel like we can play at a high level without him? You bet. (That's my best Kubiak impression. What do you think?)

This gets me wondering what everyone else thinks. If we were to lose Johnson for the same 6 games again, with the 09' schedule, how do you think we'd do?

wk 3- Jax @ Hou : W I think we still win this game.
wk 4- Oak @ Hou: W again, we SHOULD be able to take care of biz even without A.J.
wk 5- Hou @ Cards: L This shoot out would probably come up short.
wk 6- Hou @ Cin: W maintaining T.O.P. and keeping the ball out of Palmers hands.
wk 7- S.F. @ Hou: W Improved Niners but they still lack the ability to put up points.
wk 8- Hou @ Buf: W This could go either way but I don't see loosing A.J. as enough to push us over the falls.
wk 9- Hou @ Ind: L This one would be too much to overcome most likely.

All in all I think we would really only be crippled in the two games where we'll probably need to put up 24+ to win. I see the Cards game as a should win as it stands currently where as the away game at Indy would be a blessing to come out with a W.(note: we would be loosing him in the Tacks game in week 2 so we might loose that one. Of course we might loose that one anyway even if he's healthy.)
I agree with this to an extent. I think we would be a good offense even if he did go down for a short period of time, but our run game would suffer the most. With Walter, D.A, O.D, Casey, Slaton, JJ, AD, and our Oline we would not miss a whole lot. Just one of the best players in the NFL. We would really miss him when we played the elite teams.

Last edited by BigBull17; 05-28-2009 at 08:44 AM.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
I want to have to pay for playoff tickets this year.

Working my butt off this off season with just that one thought in mind! SAVE, SAVE, SAVE, for the big show!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #12
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Because this is why:

Andre: Coach I farted like 10 minutes ago.
Kubiak: Okay, take the rest of the day off.
Almost anybody else: Coach I have something that really hurts.
Kubiak: So....are you quiting or what's the deal?
AAE: Well, I thought I could sit out like Andre...
Kubiak: Sure, right after you lead the league in being a badass.

Dude, I'd rep you if I could.....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read