Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-27-2009   #1
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Adibi is outweighing Diles (per 610)

Mcclain on 610 just said Adibi is now at 243 lbs. That is a lot of weight to put on for someone who was in the 220's last yr. I hope he doesn't lose the speed. They said he was flying around the field. Let's hope its a legitimate weight gain

Diles on the Other hand is checking in at 237 lbs and has lost a step according to McClain.
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adibi is outweighing Diles (per 610)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLoveTexans View Post
Mcclain on 610 just said Adibi is now at 243 lbs. That is a lot of weight to put on for someone who was in the 220's last yr. I hope he doesn't lose the speed. They said he was flying around the field. Let's hope its a legitimate weight gain

Diles on the Other hand is checking in at 237 lbs and has lost a step according to McClain.
Awesome.......I loved Adibi last year "when healthy" he looked like the best lb on the field (since DeMeco looked banged up all season). The added weight gain should help him STAY HEALTHY and on the field this season.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #3
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11948 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, Adibi may lose some of that newly added weight as he goes through training camp and the first part of the season, especially since he is still so young. If he loses five pounds, he would weigh 238, only one pound more than Diles.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #4
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLoveTexans View Post

That only seems logical since he did break his leg. I imagine it will take a lil' bit to get his football legs back underneath him.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #5
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

I hope bringing the pain for the opposition comes with bringing the pounds.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
That only seems logical since he did break his leg. I imagine it will take a lil' bit to get his football legs back underneath him.
I've been there. It's a mental thing at this point.

You're a little tentative because you're afraid that if you go full out you might get hurt again. A big ol' cut block from Leach is just the thing he needs. That first heavy shot to the leg should get his head on straight.

Take the hit, realize you're okay, and then move on.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #7
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I've been there. It's a mental thing at this point.

You're a little tentative because you're afraid that if you go full out you might get hurt again. A big ol' cut block from Leach is just the thing he needs. That first heavy shot to the leg should get his head on straight.

Take the hit, realize you're okay, and then move on.
You're exactly right. I remember coming back from my ACL surgery. Physically I felt fine, but mentally it was hard to let go. Plus, it takes a while to get that confidence back - at least two years.
Old 05-27-2009   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Plus, Diles says he's not quite 100% yet.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #9
barrett
Hall of Fame

Section: 636
Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

These two should really push each other. Both got a taste of starter-dom. Now the race is on to see who will get to continue it.
Old 05-27-2009   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Plus, Diles says he's not quite 100% yet.
I talked to Diles at the all-access and he said he was 100%, but I would find it hard to believe that he is.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #11
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I talked to Diles at the all-access and he said he was 100%, but I would find it hard to believe that he is.
Wow, well he healed an additional ten percent in a day or two because just a day or two on HT.com he said he was around 90%.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just saying what he told me.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #13
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114151 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I read somewhere that he said he was 100% as in he could put weight on it, cut, run, etc. But the endurance he was used to hadn't returned. The muscle was still getting tired sooner than he thought it should.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #14
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
I hope bringing the pain for the opposition comes with bringing the pounds.
I hope Adibi is as far away from pain as possible. We need him on the field and hopefully the bulk won't affect his game the way it did to Ryans last year. I mean with Cushing on board I would think adding size at LB has already been taken care of.

So what of June? Not even mentioned as the competition for this spot?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think its a good thing. 220, explosive or not, is way to small for LB's. As long as he didn't do a Twinkie weight gain program. If he comes in at 240 and isn't a stiff, he'll be the starter, with Diles providing excellent depth.

BTW, Brown looked lean and mean last night. Also, Casey is a big mofo. If he is a hard worker, I see no reason he won't be a decent blocker. Just solid.
Old 05-28-2009   #16
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Wow, well he healed an additional ten percent in a day or two because just a day or two on HT.com he said he was around 90%.
He said that he felt 100%, but since the doctors say he is 90% he'll go with it.
Old 05-28-2009   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

For now, I'm calling bull-butter on McLame's numbers. I do think he gained weight, just not as much as he says.

I might be wrong, but I'll wait until I hear it from a reputable source.

Diles losing a step.......well it was his 1st or 2nd practice back. WTH did you expect McBlob?
Old 05-28-2009   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=HOU-TEX;1188733]For now, I'm calling bull-butter on McLame's numbers. I do think he gained weight, just not as much as he says.

Diles losing a step.......well it was his 1st or 2nd practice back. WTH did you expect McBlob?[/QUOTE]

He will need all the OTAs, TC, preseason and possibly the beginning of the season to max his potential and confidence.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=CloakNNNdagger;1188741]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
For now, I'm calling bull-butter on McLame's numbers. I do think he gained weight, just not as much as he says.

Diles losing a step.......well it was his 1st or 2nd practice back. WTH did you expect McBlob?[/QUOTE]

He will need all the OTAs, TC, preseason and possibly the beginning of the season to max his potential and confidence.
I agree, Cloak. Especially with the extent of his injury. If he continues to train on his own, I think he can be ready by TC. I think his confidence level will be the determining factor.
Old 05-28-2009   #20
whiskeyrbl

Sounds like we are going to have 6 very good LB's this year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read