Thanks for your support!

Bleacher Rpt sites Slaton

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
...as one of the...

NFL's Most Likely to Amaze: Eight Exciting Players to Follow in 2009
LINK

It can be argued that Steve Slaton already amazed in 2008.

With over 1,200 rushing yards as a rookie, it's without question that the 5'9", 203-pound running back opened everyone's eyes.

Slaton is the electrifying runner that makes it look easy.

While people foolishly tried to overlook him because of his size, he managed a 4.8-yard average on 268 carries, proving his frame is not a hindrance to being a feature back.

His speed alone makes him exciting to watch.

Using his quick feet, Slaton is one of the most well-rounded talents in the NFL. He's elusive, reliable out of the backfield, and won't hesitate to hit tight holes at the line of scrimmage.

Think a younger Brian Westbrook with the benefit of one of the NFL's top receivers in Andre Johnson.

I agree. I mean, all he'd have to do is get 159 fewer total yards than he did last year. I think he can do it. ;)
LOL, what was his exact number again??? for some reason I thought it was under 1500, I could be wrong.. we'll if it was more than that.. I can see him getting 2000 all puprose yards.. but since I'm feelin like a dum*** right now.. I would really appreciate knowing his exact totol number of yard's so I don't make this mistake again :foottap:

eriadoc

Texan-American
He had 1282 rushing and 377 receiving, for 1659 total - on 268 carries and 50 receptions.

In all seriousness, I could see him racking up a few more yards, but I'd rather see him get fewer touches due to another back emerging. I wouldn't mind seeing Slaton get 200 carries and a few less receptions, so he'll be nice and fresh for the playoffs :)

I just don't want him beat down. As much as the fantasy players love for a team to pick a back and ride him, I'd rather have a deadly duo.

Fox

Rookie
Yea I'm happy with the total yards he racked up last season, I'd like to see make a jump in the "TD's" stat next season. :doot:

He had 1282 rushing and 377 receiving, for 1659 total - on 268 carries and 50 receptions.

In all seriousness, I could see him racking up a few more yards, but I'd rather see him get fewer touches due to another back emerging. I wouldn't mind seeing Slaton get 200 carries and a few less receptions, so he'll be nice and fresh for the playoffs :)

I just don't want him beat down. As much as the fantasy players love for a team to pick a back and ride him, I'd rather have a deadly duo.
Oh.. ok, I don't kno what i was thinkin.. i'll get the fact's straight next time, I appreciate it.. he should be a beast next year knowing the jobs all his, we do need a solid back-up though.. I don't wanna push the guy over the edge, I'm tired of haveing a injured running back

BigBull17

Hall of Fame

I'd like 200 carries and 100 receptions. I know its around the same amount of touches, but receptions are a little less impactful. He is a playmaker and I want him with the ball in space a little more.

DiehardChris

You betcha!
I've said this before, but in case there are some others who didn't realize it - we know Slaton led the AFC in total yards from scrimmage last year... do you know who was second in the conference?

Andre Johnson. Crazy, huh?

Runner

Hubcap Diamond
Staff member
I've said this before, but in case there are some others who didn't realize it - we know Slaton led the AFC in total yards from scrimmage last year... do you know who was second in the conference?

Andre Johnson. Crazy, huh?

I guess I missed this before. If they can start converting these yards into more touchdowns this year, the offense could really take off. The offense is set to be strong, as long as Schaub stays healthy.