Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-26-2009   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default LeBron as a Football player

Hypothetical on ESPN in the same vein as Jordan moving to baseball. Highlights of LeBron in high school as a WR are pretty awesome!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4194437

Quote:
Mark Murphy hasn't merely witnessed the finest receivers of his generation. He has experienced them.

Murphy's 11-year career at strong safety was good enough to get him into the Green Bay Packers' Hall of Fame. He has covered, tackled and occasionally been scorched by legends.

On the subject of greatness, he knows what he's talking about.

"I've been around a lot of great receivers," Murphy said. "I tell people that I rate my top receivers -- coaching, playing or watching -- as James Lofton, Jerry Rice, Steve Largent and LeBron James."
Old 05-26-2009   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LeBron as a Football player

Virtually unstoppable TE I can see. WR, not a chance in hades.
Old 05-26-2009   #3
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Virtually unstoppable TE I can see. WR, not a chance in hades.
Agree and that is what most said in there. Size, vertical leap, etc where he would be close to unstoppable at TE.
Old 05-26-2009   #4
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally I think Fisher should try out
Old 05-26-2009   #5
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Big Baby could give it a shot. Lebron might make a good pass rushing DE if he could put on 10 -20 more lbs. I think Ron Artest would have the right attitude to play defensive end too. I would love to see Kobe Bryant as a WR so he can get his azz knocked around.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009   #6
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't there a rumor about Joey Dorsey being interviewed by the Texans? He's pretty close to Mario's size...Someone like Von Wafer would probably make a crazy good WR. Josh Smith from Atlanta would be a crazy athletic TE (close to Lebron's size).

Ben Wallace as a fullback?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 147149 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

LeBron as a football player? Right, they commit real fouls in the NFL. LeBron as a hockey player? No way, wouldn't last a shift.
Old 05-26-2009   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
LeBron as a football player? Right, they commit real fouls in the NFL. LeBron as a hockey player? No way, wouldn't last a shift.
Disagree. The guy was already being looked at by Notre Dame and others when he was a Soph. So football didn't seem to bother him...the hitting at least. I'm not sure dbs hitting a 6'8, 260 guy would last long. If he put the effort in that he put on the court, he could.
Old 05-26-2009   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to see Lebron as a TE, I think he'd be unstoppable to.

The only hitch is that basketball is much more glamorous. It's his passion, he's virtually unstoppable at it, it can pretty much be a one man show, center of attention, highlight real after high light real, etc. He can make more money playing basketball and it's much easier to make money outside of the sport. Shoe deals, his own King James brand... just like Jordan did.

As much as us fans would want to see him in the NFL, I think he'd be stupid to do it. Football is much easier to get injured in than in baseball.

I see no reason for him to play football, even if he becomes the greatest TE in the history of the NFL it still wouldn't amount to him and the NBA. He's got the possibility to be the best NBA player in history, better than Jordan. Maybe he doesn't get there but he'll be close. That beats the NFL, especially when you're a guy that already likes basketball more than any other sport.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 147149 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Disagree. The guy was already being looked at by Notre Dame and others when he was a Soph. So football didn't seem to bother him...the hitting at least. I'm not sure dbs hitting a 6'8, 260 guy would last long. If he put the effort in that he put on the court, he could.
Interesting Frog. In my best Carson impression, I did not know that. I'm still pulling for Orlando, but sadly LeBron will make espn on a daily basis anyway with nonsense topics (just sayin).
Old 05-27-2009   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Interesting Frog. In my best Carson impression, I did not know that. I'm still pulling for Orlando, but sadly LeBron will make espn on a daily basis anyway with nonsense topics (just sayin).
Your point was very valid though Showtime because in the article it was one bounced around the most. It did have his high school stats and what people said then too. NFL is a different game but I think he could!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read