Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-25-2009   #1
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Vegas NFL Futures

Vegasinsider.com has the Texans at 30/1 to win the Super Bowl, 15-1 to win the AFC championship, and over/under win total at 8.5 wins. The most "respect" Vegas has ever given the Texans. Yeah!

Too high? Too low? Just right (the baby bear pick)?

Too low, I say. The young team is maturing. The head coach is maturing. The schedule isn't an issue. Gotta take the Texans across the board.

Other picks I like:

Atlanta 16-1 to win the Super Bowl and Over 9 wins - I'm a big fan of Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, and Mike Smith. The addition of Tony Gonzalez could make the Dirty Birds the NFC favorites.

Broncos Under 6.5 wins - Denver traded away their opportunity to win in 2009. I think 5 wins might be optimistic.

Jaguars Under 8 wins - There's not enough help for Jones-Drew on offense, and the Jags defense scares no one. Get your resume together, JDR.

Bears over 9 wins - Cutler takes enough pressure off the defense for Chicago to take the NFC North.

Chargers over 10.5 wins - The Bolts should go undefeated in the AFC Worst, er West.
Old 05-25-2009   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vegas NFL Futures

I'm thinking, when they figured the odds on the Tacks and the Girls, they had come off an all night drunk. The Psychic Hotline must not have been working for the Colts either.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

duplicate posting

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 05-25-2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Duplicate posting
Old 05-25-2009   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I'm thinking, when they figured the odds on the Tacks and the Girls, they had come off an all night drunk. The Psychic Hotline must not have been working for the Colts either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
What's that you say? Can't quite hear ya!

Isn't every night in Vegas an all-night drunk thoguh?
brakos82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Vegasinsider.com has the Texans at 30/1 to win the Super Bowl, 15-1 to win the AFC championship, and over/under win total at 8.5 wins. The most "respect" Vegas has ever given the Texans. Yeah!

Too low, I say. The young team is maturing. The head coach is maturing. The schedule isn't an issue. Gotta take the Texans across the board.

Other picks I like:

Atlanta 16-1 to win the Super Bowl and Over 9 wins - I'm a big fan of Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, and Mike Smith. The addition of Tony Gonzalez could make the Dirty Birds the NFC favorites.

Broncos Under 6.5 wins - Denver traded away their opportunity to win in 2009. I think 5 wins might be optimistic.

Jaguars Under 8 wins - There's not enough help for Jones-Drew on offense, and the Jags defense scares no one. Get your resume together, JDR.

Bears over 9 wins - Cutler takes enough pressure off the defense for Chicago to take the NFC North.

Chargers over 10.5 wins - The Bolts should go undefeated in the AFC Worst, er West.
I like the Broncos going over 6.5 wins and the Texans going over 8.5. What I do not understand is how they have the Broncos odds to win the AFC Championship and Super Bowl better than the Texans.
Old 05-26-2009   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I like the Broncos going over 6.5 wins and the Texans going over 8.5. What I do not understand is how they have the Broncos odds to win the AFC Championship and Super Bowl better than the Texans.
I've got even more profound reservations about the Broncos. The way they handled the whole thing with Cutler and then them needing to transition to the 3-4 (which can be very challenging as we know from our own experience), I don't see them having a good season at all. And their new HC makes our little Shanny look like a wise old man IMO. Plus I see the Chiefs or Raiders having a big comeback year: just don't know which one ?
And I'd probably take the over on the 8.5 for the Texans. I'm starting to get really optimistic about our season which has me worried ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans at 8.5? The over looks like easy money from here.

I too think Atlanta will have a big year. They've got some good pieces in key positions.
Old 05-26-2009   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post

I too think Atlanta will have a big year. They've got some good pieces in key positions.
I think Atlanta's improvement upon last season relies heavily on their defense. If it weren't for Abraham, they'd have no defense at all.

IMO, they're a better version of the Saints and Texans. A nice potent offense with horrible support from the defense.
Old 05-26-2009   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post

They're evidently looking at a close repeat of last year's division records/standings. And they again feel that Denver's division will show the same overall weakness compared to ours, giving Denver a better chance to take their division title. Then they extrapolated from less chance to take the division title, to less chance to reach the AFC Championship and subsequently the Super Bowl. I see too many fallacies to this way of thinking
to make the conclusions legitimate.
Old 05-26-2009   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
WOW ! Runner is turning into a Texans' Homer ? What's that about ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009   #11
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Must be some wagering going on in Vegas on the Texans. A buddy of mine just got back from there and I told him him to put $20 on our boys to win it all. He brings me the ticket yesterday from New York, New York and its 15-1 odds! Could've sworn it be more like 20 or 30 to one.
Old 08-12-2009   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

Other picks I like:

The Falcons schedule is brutal after a favorable one last year. I think they have some trouble despite me liking their talent.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read