Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-25-2009   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default BR:Tennessee Titans Tackle a Revitalized AFC South

Quote:
Houston Texans

The Houston Texans march into í09 with the same high expectations as in yearís past, but with an owner tired of waiting for results.

Steve Slatonís emergence as a top-level running back finally gives the offense the kind of diversification needed opposite Andre Johnson.

The offensive line has been a study in patience but with the addition of Duane Brown through the draft, the Texans should be able to competently protect their quarterback for the first time since their inception.

With all that being said, the seasonís prospects begin and end with Matt Schaubís health. With Sage Rosenfelsí departure to Minnesota, the Texans now list Dan Orlovsky (cue stepping out of the back of the end zone joke) as the primary backup. The sound you just heard was a collective shudder throughout Houston.

The Texans are hoping that Brian Cushing will enable the defense to take the leap out of the NFLís defensive ranking basement. His inclusion with DeMeco Ryans and Mario Williams should help form a solid front seven.

How Does This Affect the Titans?

The Texans continue a gradual improvement, but there is no evidence that they will be making a division championship-size leap this year. The offensive lineís ability to protect Schaub will largely determine how far the Texans can go.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ized-afc-south
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009   #2
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13104 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BR:Tennessee Titans Tackle a Revitalized AFC South

Didn't even mention the addition of Antonio Smith...
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009   #3
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Didn't even mention the addition of Antonio Smith...
Or Shaun Cody or Cato June or Conner Barwin or Antoine Caldwell or Glover Quin or James Casey or Anthony Hill
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009   #4
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114277 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans continue a gradual improvement, but there is no evidence that they will be making a division championship-size leap this year. The offensive lineís ability to protect Schaub will largely determine how far the Texans can go.
we shall see...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009   #5
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13104 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Or Shaun Cody or Cato June or Conner Barwin or Antoine Caldwell or Glover Quin or James Casey or Anthony Hill
Well, I wouldn't expect them to mention every pick we drafted or every depth signing we made, but Smith was a pretty significant signing who is expected to start and make a definite impact on our pass rush.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009   #6
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I tell ya what, I'm so sick of all the Orlovsky jokes I wanna set my computer on fire. Give the guy a break. He had pretty decent numbers last year playing on the worst team in football. Tom Brady wouldn't look so good playing for the Lions either.

I've heard nothing but good reports about Orlovsky in OTAs and from the footage I've seen the guy can spin the rock. If these Titans goons wanna see something funny watch Orlovsky and Calvin Johnson burn their new nickel corner Petey Faggins. Screw the Fake Oilers.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Typical regurgitation of a writer who isn't paying attention and doesn't see a problem with that because well, "it's the Texans". The only signing he paid any attention to was Orlovsky because he could make a joke out of that.
Old 05-25-2009   #8
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
i tell ya what, i'm so sick of all the orlovsky jokes i wanna set my computer on fire. Give the guy a break.
qft
Old 05-25-2009   #9
barrett
Hall of Fame

Section: 636
Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree it's obnoxious but I feel very confident that he'll have his day. I think he may end up being a great value for us. If Schaub can't get 16 going I'll bet in a year or two this guy is going to be an extremely solid starter for us or somebody that gives us some picks.
Old 05-25-2009   #10
J. Sean Wonton
Veteran

Rep Power: 83 J. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respected

Same old offensive line stuff...Is it really that hard to write a well researched article on NFL teams in the age of the internet? Some people just recycle gossip and pass it off as news. Houston's line sucks...Schaub gets hurt all the time...Orlovsky is a jackass...you would think that sports writers would have more substantial things to say considering that they have stats on everything imaginable at their fingertips but no go with your gut or the public opinion over the last five years.

Actually, it's the offseason, so I really appreciated the story.

Last edited by J. Sean Wonton; 05-25-2009 at 11:19 PM.
J. Sean Wonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009   #11
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I tell ya what, I'm so sick of all the Orlovsky jokes I wanna set my computer on fire. Give the guy a break. He had pretty decent numbers last year playing on the worst team in football. Tom Brady wouldn't look so good playing for the Lions either.

I've heard nothing but good reports about Orlovsky in OTAs and from the footage I've seen the guy can spin the rock. If these Titans goons wanna see something funny watch Orlovsky and Calvin Johnson burn their new nickel corner Petey Faggins. Screw the Fake Oilers.
The old saying goes, "You can paint a thousand paintings and not be called a master, give one blow job and you're a c*** sucker for life."

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read