Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-21-2009   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Detroit Lions sign offensive tackle Ephraim Salaam

http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/...fensive_t.html

Quote:
The Detroit Lions have signed offensive tackle Ephraim Salaam.

The Lions will be the fifth team Salaam has played for during his 12-year career. Most recently, the 32-year-old played for the Houston Texans.

Terms of Salaam's deal were not available.

Since being drafted in the seventh round out of San Diego State by the Atlanta Falcons, the 6-foot-7, 310-pounder has played in 154 games, starting 129 of them.

Earlier this offseason, there was speculation that the Lions were interested in Salaam.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Detroit Lions sign offensive tackle Ephraim Salaam

I know it's a paycheck, but I still can't help but feel sorry for Salaam. Playing for the Lions can't be high on any player's list of aspirations. Plus, I thought he did a decent job for us. Not great, but decent.
Old 05-21-2009   #3
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I am happy and sad for him at the same time. Glad he signed somewhere, but the Lions - ouch.

He was a great Texan and brought a ton of humor to the locker room. The Super Bowl commercial with him and Chester Pitts brought some fun attention to the Texans.
Old 05-21-2009   #4
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I know it's a paycheck, but I still can't help but feel sorry for Salaam. Playing for the Lions can't be high on any player's list of aspirations. Plus, I thought he did a decent job for us. Not great, but decent.
I thought he did a decent job also. I remember when we first signed him, Jags fan came on here and posted that he was garbage in Jax.

Good Luck in Detroit Salaam, you will need it.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

And Salaam makes that "final stop" on the NFL-go-round to wrap his career up. He did well for us but it's a good thing that we've moved past needing him even if it is a bit sad to see someone go who played hard for us. That's the NFL and it doesn't pay to get overly attached to most players.
Old 05-21-2009   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, I was hoping he'd retire and go into comedy. He's a funny guy! Especially him and Chester Pitts together!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess nobody wanted a player-first broadcaster in the booth then.....

....or Salaam reeeeeeally wants to play.

"If ifs were fifths, we'd all be drunk."
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-21-2009   #8
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Detroit will be alot better than people think. They will NOT be the worst team in the NFL.
Old 05-21-2009   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I think Detroit will be alot better than people think. They will NOT be the worst team in the NFL.
I agree, BigBull. They've rid themselves of the true cancer of the organization. While I don't think they will have a winning season, I can see them moving up from the bottom 1/4.

Good luck to Salaam. I didn't think he was ever suited to play LT, but he'd be a decent back up at RT.
Old 05-21-2009   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Good luck to Salaam. I didn't think he was ever suited to play LT, but he'd be a decent back up at RT.
I think Stafford is left handed.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009   #11
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope he plays well for the Lions because even I'm rooting for that franchise and there fans, he was solid and didn't complain much about playing time or his role and he can be an excellent backup or mentor...

Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009   #12
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Well, gotta wish Salaam good luck for sure. Was hoping we may have gotten him as security before TC starts.

Can't not cheer for the guy. Played starter role for backup money basically his whole career.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I think Stafford is left handed.
Stafford's right handed.

I hope they sit him for a year anyways. Let Culpepper take the beating while they build.
Old 05-21-2009   #14
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Stafford's right handed.

I hope they sit him for a year anyways. Let Culpepper take the beating while they build.
Glad you cleared that up, because it actually is important.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree, BigBull. They've rid themselves of the true cancer of the organization. While I don't think they will have a winning season, I can see them moving up from the bottom 1/4.

I think they win 4-6 games. They were in alot of games last year, and Saalam is an upgrade at LT.
Old 05-22-2009   #16
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad Salaam has a job, was hoping he might have come back here though.

Lions got themselves a good locker room guy and a great backup.
Old 05-22-2009   #17
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Glad Salaam has a job, was hoping he might have come back here though.

Lions got themselves a good locker room guy and a great backup.
Saalam was a big part of our turn around from a horrible team, to a team on the cusp. That can't be under valued.
Old 05-22-2009   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Saalam was a big part of our turn around from a horrible team, to a team on the cusp. That can't be under valued.
Let's not go too far, Big Bull. Salaam was a stop-gap and he was horrible against speed rushers. If he was a big part of anything, it was the drafting of Duane Brown.

Great guy, but not starting LT material. I do not hold it against him because he was forced in to action via injury.
Old 05-22-2009   #19
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Let's not go too far, Big Bull. Salaam was a stop-gap and he was horrible against speed rushers. If he was a big part of anything, it was the drafting of Duane Brown.

Great guy, but not starting LT material. I do not hold it against him because he was forced in to action via injury.
He was a leader and helped alot of our young lineman become better pro's. He also filled in when Spencer went down. Guys like Saalam offer more than their on the field presence. He is a great locker room guy, just what a team like Detroit needs. He is also now their best Left Tackle on the team. He is a pretty solid signing.
Old 05-22-2009   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
He was a leader and helped alot of our young lineman become better pro's. He also filled in when Spencer went down. Guys like Saalam offer more than their on the field presence. He is a great locker room guy, just what a team like Detroit needs. He is also now their best Left Tackle on the team. He is a pretty solid signing.
No arguement from me, BigBull. I agree with all that. I just don't believe he should be relied upon to start.

Right now they consider him their swing tackle. If they choose to push Backus inside to G, that would give Salaam a shot at LT.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read