Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-20-2009   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Travis......you're fired!

Only a matter of time...should have been a long time ago. Heard the sound byte this morning and Kubiak's tone told the story...not happy. If you got a long way to go at this point, chalk him up to a cut.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6432377.html

Quote:
“It’s not good. He needs to be out there. He needs to be out there helping the football team, and he’s got a long, long way to go as a player. But he’s got issues, so we’ll get the issues solved and then we’ll let him get out there .”

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 05-20-2009 at 09:59 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #2
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx
Default Re: Travis......you're fired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Only a matter of time...should have been a long time ago. Heard the sound byte this morning and Kubiak's tone told the story...not happy. If you got a logn way to go at this point, chalk him up to a cut.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6432377.html
Not that he's done anything but a fluke INT. And knock trent green out....

I think for the plays that he was actually in..Deljuan Robinson was far more productive.

As far as Smith being out...maybe this is a sign for Conner Barwin to step in as the starter (wishful thinking = Mario, Okoye, Robinson, Barwin)
Old 05-20-2009   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

We know about Travis and his issues, what I didn't know was Antonio Smith's hamstring issues. Oy vey.

Last edited by Kaiser Toro; 05-20-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Kaiser Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Wouldn't Bulman be starting in place of Smith at this point? I thought that Barwin was "officially" Mario's backup and will come in at either DE in passing situations.
Old 05-20-2009   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I was unaware of this thread at the time I posted in the OTA thread. Here are my thoughts.

Quote:
If you happen to watch the video from HT.com, it's quite apparent that Kubiak's pissed at TJ. He did the same crap last year with something supposedly wrong with his crotch. Do we even know what it is this year? I mean, wtf does "issues" mean?

Look, I actually think TJ is better than most give him credit for around here, but he seems like he's a sloth when it comes to practice. That's not a good thing.
Old 05-20-2009   #6
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm kinda worried that Smith is already dinged up. He needs to be in there learning the defense. Hope this isn't some sign of things to come.
Old 05-20-2009   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

We used to call it "chub rub" in drum corps. Too much sweaty skin rubbing on too much sweaty skin. It's gross and it looks painful.

We all know where TJ is at as a player and how he's morphed from a first round pick. He's good but on a team with the talent level continuing to rise....good enough? Robinson looks like the first choice to replace him, I'm sure Cody is excited to have a real gig and will come out on fire, if Frank Okam develops any game whatsoever at his size I can't imagine not putting him on the field.

I'm sure there is a playbook for DE/DT but I doubt it's anything close to what a LB or DB has to learn.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-20-2009   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

If you watch the video, it looks like TJ is slapping his knee while showing a limp as he gingerly walks down the field..........he could possibly be suffering from that well-known, multi-faceted diagnosis of "knee-jerk" syndrome.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #9
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
We all know where TJ is at as a player and how he's morphed from a first round pick. He's good but on a team with the talent level continuing to rise....good enough? Robinson looks like the first choice to replace him, I'm sure Cody is excited to have a real gig and will come out on fire, if Frank Okam develops any game whatsoever at his size I can't imagine not putting him on the field.
Well said. TJ is a good player, but he is obviously annoying Coach Kubiak. I suspect that TJ will be the starter come opening day. But this team's list of player needs is clearly getting shorter and shorter. TJ would be wise to remain aware of that.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

This sounds like Jacoby Jones all over again. If you asked Kubiak enough, i bet he'd mention something about being a "pro"
Old 05-20-2009   #11
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

For all that are saying TJ is a good player...

I suggest that you go back and watch some of the games this year. I remember him being in Demeco's lap several times this year and he can't take a double fo shizzle. Thank god Kubiak is finally seeing the bigger picture with him. Maybe this "kid" out of Hawaii might turn into a good rotation guy.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #12
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
Not that he's done anything but a fluke INT. And knock trent green out....

I think for the plays that he was actually in..Deljuan Robinson was far more productive.

As far as Smith being out...maybe this is a sign for Conner Barwin to step in as the starter (wishful thinking = Mario, Okoye, Robinson, Barwin)
Except Barwin is still in school until June. Smith doesn't have to worry about losing his job to someone who's not even at OTA's.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #13
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
If you watch the video, it looks like TJ is slapping his knee while showing a limp as he gingerly walks down the field..........he could possibly be suffering from that well-known, multi-faceted diagnosis of "knee-jerk" syndrome.
*groans*
Old 05-20-2009   #14
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember watching the news the other day and they were showing the guys running. TJ was lagging behind and looking lethargic. I wasn't surprised, just shook my head. I've always kinda liked the guy, but his play is definately subpar. It would be nice to have a playmaker in his spot instead of a filler, and I think that's the only role he fills right now.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
For all that are saying TJ is a good player...

I suggest that you go back and watch some of the games this year. I remember him being in Demeco's lap several times this year and he can't take a double fo shizzle. Thank god Kubiak is finally seeing the bigger picture with him. Maybe this "kid" out of Hawaii might turn into a good rotation guy.
Sure, he got pushed around, but which DT didn't? Okoye was blasted off the line more than most. Zgonina lost more battles than he won.

I'm definitely not going to say he's worth the 1st round draft pick, but he hasn't been our worst DT.
Old 05-20-2009   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Here's the latest comments from Kubiak on TJ. That damn "pelvic region" again!

Quote:
(on DT Travis Johnson’s situation) “Well, it hasn’t changed. You know, he was having a good offseason. Like I said yesterday, everything was going fine, and it got time to go back to work and he’s got some issues bothering him: a hamstring, I think his pelvic region, his knee was sore. So we’ll do everything we can to get Travis healthy before we get him out here.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=5296
Old 05-20-2009   #17
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Here's the latest comments from Kubiak on TJ. That damn "pelvic region" again!

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=5296
Has he been dating Madonna or something?
Old 05-20-2009   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Name that player!
"Just sitting here drawing my paycheck and waiting to see how far we get in playoffs".
T Johnson or TMac? I want a player named TBone.
Old 05-20-2009   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Has he been dating Madonna or something?
Ha, I dunno, but he seems like a major slacker to me. Heck, he even slacks off at practices open to fans. I recall many times watching him basically half-ass through things.
Old 05-20-2009   #20
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Travis has much of the cliff to stand on.....maybe hanging on by two hands.....he could be cut this year by end of training camp..........
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read