Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-26-2005   #1
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cardinals getting a new logo??

OK, not that anyone around here probably cares, but looks like the Cards may be getting an Extreme Makeover: Logo Edition.

RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #2
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

I've heard of this...I didn't think it was true though.

That logo is downright ugly, I hope thats not what comes along with that new stadium.

I like everything about the current design except for the state flag on the uni.
Old 01-26-2005   #3
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

are they really getting a new stadium ? I guess they figure they will win a few Super Bowls in the next coiple of years or something ! And are they trying to make the logo look mean ? I mean c'mon get real haha !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Why not just come up with a new nickname/mascot or whatever they call it.
The name Cardinals actually was used because the most popular franchise
in town by far was the St.Louis Cardinals (remember the team moved from St.Louis) and the football team was hoping the baseball teams popularity would rub off on them.. What on earth does Cardinals have to do with Arizona? Just like the Titans changed their nickname after leaving the nation's O&G capital and moving to Tenn, the Arizona NFL team should come up with something origional, meaningful, and relavant for its geography and culture. Actually I think they were called the Cardinals when they were in Chicago before moving to Missouri, but still Arizona could do much better than
Cardinals.

Last edited by nunusguy; 01-26-2005 at 11:53 AM.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I love their new stadium. You never know about the Cardinals. They might be a fairly decent team once Green gets his players in there and all. He's a good coach.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #6
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the Cardinals logo the way it is. That one just looks pitiful but its better than Lamar University's new Cardinal logo. This thing looks more like a fish than a bird.

http://lamarcardinals.collegesports....skbl-body.html

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

The Arizona Cactuses?

The Arizona Humidity?

I actually always liked their helmets, but thought they should upgrade the face mask to a red face mask.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-26-2005   #8
SESupergenius

It's not like there are no Northern Cardinals in Arizona. Thats like saying if the Redskins moved to San Antonio they'd have to change their name.

Quote:
Northern cardinals are native to the Nearctic region. They are found throughout eastern and central North America from southern Canada into parts of Mexico and Central America. They have also been introduced to California, Hawaii and Bermuda. Cardinals have expanded their range considerably since the early 1800ís by taking advantage of moderate temperatures, human habitation and supplemental food available at bird feeders.
Old 01-26-2005   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
The Arizona Humidity?
That's no good - as they like to remind you out there, it's "a dry heat". But
you've got the right idea. I mean the desert has it's own kind of beauty, its
fascinating - there has got to be gobs of neat names they could use.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #10
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
It's not like there are no Northern Cardinals in Arizona. Thats like saying if the Redskins moved to San Antonio they'd have to change their name.

haha thats actually kinda funny. how can the name of a team symbolizing the scalping and torturing of indians really fit in to any location. Any of you remember that controversy that the red skins were having with all the native americans demanding the name of the team be changed ? i think it was 2 years ago.
Old 01-26-2005   #11
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

If anyone was ever in need of a change of logo, it is definitely the Cardinals. Heck!..that mean-spirited nasty looking thing is an insult to cardinals!!

Quote:
I think they should have used Phoenix instead of Arizona and went with some kind of bird variation since a Phoenix is a bird that rises from the ashes.
Very cool Vinny.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #12
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like it's on steroids or something!!!
Old 01-26-2005   #13
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

A team based on the Phoenix would be cool. Though i dont think the Arizona Phoenixes are a good idea I can just imagine sports casters trying to say phoenixes.

Maybe the Arizona Firebirds.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #14
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I think I may have found their new logo...

(saw it on their message board)

thats more scary than their current logo ,,,,AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW
Old 01-26-2005   #15
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think they should have used Phoenix instead of Arizona and went with some kind of bird variation since a Phoenix is a bird that rises from the ashes.

Personally, I love the Cardinals helmet and the fact that they keep a traditional look. I believe that the Cardinals have used this same helmet design since around 1960 or so. I hope they don't redesign their uniforms into a Bengals or Titans type garb. I'm not too fond of how garish they look.
hah. not suprised. I think you are correct with the Phoenix idea. I like the new Suns design.

Eventually you have to upgrade. Unless you are the cowboys or something. You have to think of it as a business. And a business that sells merch. New logo = money money money money....money.

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #16
number1stunner
Rookie

I like the retractable field idea that the Cardinals have. That sure would work at Reliant Stadium.
number1stunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #17
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 668 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Like Vinny said that first logo was actually done by someone on the chris creamer message boards. They are supposed to unveil their new updated logo tomorrow. Don't expect anything drastic...think 49ers and Dolphins.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #18
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The red and white jerseys look cool but the helmet logo is no good. Cardinals are red not blue, ditch the blue jersey.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #19
dan7
Veteran

Quote:
Not from the team...but here is one guys vision. If they do something like this I'd be shocked.

Way too busy for my taste......there's nothing wrong with their current uniforms (IMO).
Old 01-26-2005   #20
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

wow i think they are taking the jerseys to a little bit of an extremem level if ya ask me

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read