Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-26-2005   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool TO Out?

TO's doc's are telling him NOT to play. Be interesting to see what the Eagles decide...
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Last edited by Yankee_In_TX; 01-26-2005 at 08:14 AM.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Doc's just covering himself for legal reasons... betcha TO still plays - takes a good hit and really gets messed up. Hope not, but I can see that happening (but a Ms. Cleo I am not).
OzzO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #3
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

TO IN-

That was TO's surgeon, not the team doctor. The Doc is protecting himself from a malpractice.
Old 01-26-2005   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
The Doc is protecting himself from a malpractice.
Holy madre de dios people, doctors don't do everything in fear of the mythical malpractice epidemic--occasionally they actually give their own beliefs. Every doctor that has talked about this kind of injury to folks like Mortenson, etc. has said 10 weeks minimum. Broken bones don't heal in a month, especially ones requiring two screws to stabilize. If you want to talk about malpractice, talk about the team doc giving him the okay knowing the bone isn't ready and then he snaps the thing really badly.
Old 01-26-2005   #5
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

TO might be a loud mouth rabble rouser, but nobody can deny he has passion for the game and gives it his all. He might view this as possibly the only chance he will get to play in a SB, and may be willing to risk a carrer threatening type of re-injury. He's a tough SOB.
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #6
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Holy madre de dios people, doctors don't do everything in fear of the mythical malpractice epidemic--occasionally they actually give their own beliefs. Every doctor that has talked about this kind of injury to folks like Mortenson, etc. has said 10 weeks minimum. Broken bones don't heal in a month, especially ones requiring two screws to stabilize. If you want to talk about malpractice, talk about the team doc giving him the okay knowing the bone isn't ready and then he snaps the thing really badly.

yeah if he plays he could wind up much worse than he was before. Dont wanna see a career ending injury, EVEN THOUGH i do hate T.O !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he's being foolish if his doctor tells him not to play and he does anyway. But to me he's a foolish man anyway so I can't say his statement surprises me.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-26-2005   #8
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

dont suprise me he is ignorant, if he does play he better hope they win cause that might be his last game !
Old 01-26-2005   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing is though, he promised his teammates he would play. I don't think it is a selfish situation to wanna play. He helped the team get this far. I think if you wanna be wise about it, you put him in only in redzone situations because then he becomes a real major distraction for the defense.

I know a bunch of players that played several years in the league at a high level and never won or even made it to the super bowl. I bet if you asked them if they would be okay in playing in a Super Bowl meant they had to play hurt and that a wrong hit could end their career, each one of them would do it. At this point in the season it is not about the money, it is about the game, which is why the SuperBowl is such a great game.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #10
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
One thing is though, he promised his teammates he would play. I don't think it is a selfish situation to wanna play. He helped the team get this far. I think if you wanna be wise about it, you put him in only in redzone situations because then he becomes a real major distraction for the defense.

I know a bunch of players that played several years in the league at a high level and never won or even made it to the super bowl. I bet if you asked them if they would be okay in playing in a Super Bowl meant they had to play hurt and that a wrong hit could end their career, each one of them would do it. At this point in the season it is not about the money, it is about the game, which is why the SuperBowl is such a great game.

i'm sure them bonuses if they win the SB does cross thier minds from time to time !
Old 01-26-2005   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I am sure they do to but really none of those guys are thinking paycheck. This is their chance to be recorded in history and fulfill a lifelong dream.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005   #12
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

yeah i'm sure your right, but i'm sure them 2nd and 3rd stringers are thinking pay check (kinda like Leon on those bud light commercials) ....... "so should i get him that herbal tea than coach..... "
Old 01-26-2005   #13
dan7
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX
TO's doc's are telling him NOT to play. Be interesting to see what the Eagles decide...

The smart thing would be for T.O not to play; unfortunately, a lot of the time people don't do the smart thing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read