Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 05-21-2009   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Random fan uniform designs

I found these on photobucket and I thought I would share.

I think he/she did a good job.

Thoughts?

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009   #2
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Random fan uniform designs

Not a fan of the stars. We already have a star on the helmet, and there's some other team that is fond of them.

Also - if the Texans ever go red on blue, I think I would probably vomit.

I've always kind of wanted the team to have a white alt helmet.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009   #3
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33473 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
I found these on photobucket and I thought I would share.

I think he/she did a good job.

Thoughts?
They look pretty good (although I can forsee the star being too Cowgirls for some).

I think we should take up that uniform, but only adding the stars, for each Superbowl we win...

Its a pretty decent effort though....not a million miles away from current, but still quite striking. Probably wouldn't look so good in real fabric though.
Old 05-21-2009   #4
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 63539 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they NEVER changed the unis they have now.

The New York Yankees wear the same uni Babe Ruth did. The Colts pretty much wear the same uni Johnny U did. The Steelers wear the same uni their 4 time SB champs in the 70's did. Even the Jets got smart and went back to the unis Broadway Joe wore. Tradition and identity.

In 2043, I want those Texans wearing the same uni that Hall of Famer and 3 time Super Bowl champion Andre Johnson did.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009   #5
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Blue helmets, blue jersey, blue pants.....red socks??
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

In a sort of futuristic/AFL way they look good... but until, as Jack Lambert put it, they "put dresses on all of [the QB's]", I doubt it.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273093 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post

The New York Yankees wear the same uni Babe Ruth did. The Colts pretty much wear the same uni Johnny U did. The Steelers wear the same uni their 4 time SB champs in the 70's did. Even the Jets got smart and went back to the unis Broadway Joe wore. Tradition and identity.

In 2043, I want those Texans wearing the same uni that Hall of Famer and 3 time Super Bowl champion Andre Johnson did.

Exactly. This man gets it. If you turn your teams uniforms into an endless parade of ever changing fad looks then you'll wake up one day 30-40 years from now and realize that your team has no physical, visible identity and that while all of your various uniforms are Texans uniforms none of them really says "Texans".

Multiple identities is the exact same thing as having no identity. I don't want that.
Old 05-22-2009   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

The New England Patriots used to have that goofy patriot guy playing center on their helmet and had red jerseys. They appeared in a Super Bowl and lost to Chicago, then stunk for many moons and were considered a check in the W column when they showed up on your schedule.

They changed their uniforms to the silve helmet and blue jerseys and eventually won 3 Super Bowls.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
The New England Patriots used to have that goofy patriot guy playing center on their helmet and had red jerseys. They appeared in a Super Bowl and lost to Chicago, then stunk for many moons and were considered a check in the W column when they showed up on your schedule.

They changed their uniforms to the silve helmet and blue jerseys and eventually won 3 Super Bowls.
Broncos changed too and after losing SBs and then won. Though, being a child of thwe NFL in the 70s and those days, I really liked the Orange Crush unis and the the old Patriot. Maybe it is the old football cards, etc.
Old 05-22-2009   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355339 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree completely, except that I would add that I wish we could quit the 6 different uni combos for 8 home games.

Pick a freakin' home uni and stick with it, with the sole exception of one battle red game (no red pants, though!).

I'm old school, have said it before, and it's just the way I feel about it. I know that I will never buy another Texans jersey. The custom authentic that I have will be the one I wear for the next 50+ years, even if they change unis and/or colors at any point.
Old 05-22-2009   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I agree completely, except that I would add that I wish we could quit the 6 different uni combos for 8 home games.

Pick a freakin' home uni and stick with it, with the sole exception of one battle red game (no red pants, though!).

I'm old school, have said it before, and it's just the way I feel about it. I know that I will never buy another Texans jersey. The custom authentic that I have will be the one I wear for the next 50+ years, even if they change unis and/or colors at any point.
You actually think you're gonna make it to 92?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355339 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
You actually think you're gonna make it to 92?
Hell yeah! Think how far medical science has come in the last 50 years, and then look ahead to the next 50. I might be half cyborg when I'm 92, but I'll still be rooting for the Texans and jamming to the metal!
Old 05-22-2009   #13
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 63539 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post

Sometimes you look so goofy to start with, you have to change. Tampa Bay for example and their orange gay pirate. That's not the case with the Texans. They've got a good look. I think they should stick with it forever.

The Broncos helmets may be better now, but the orange crush was awesome. They should go back to that.

And if you think winning Super Bowls has anything to do with what you're wearing, that's so wrong I can't believe I'm wasting keystrokes on it.

And I agree DB, I don't like the dozen different combos for just a handful of games. Pick something, stick with it and when people see you on the highlights, you know it's the Texans just like you know it's the Steelers or Packers or Cowboys.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009   #14
SouthSideTexan
HATER!!!!!

Section: 319 Row L
Rep Power: 400 SouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm more partial to something like this, but I think the home uniform should be the aluminum"Bud Light Blue Uniform". On special occasions the aluminum "Bloodweiser Red."
Old 05-23-2009   #15
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

dont forget the Bears uniform hasn't changed either.

I like the Texans uni's as they are...but not the solid colour combo's....the all white make us look like giant sperm
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read