Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-19-2009   #1
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Not a bad teacher for Cushing to have

Quote:
HOUSTON (AP)—The Houston Texans aren’t worried about throwing rookie linebacker Brian Cushing into the starting lineup immediately.

They think he can handle it. If he has any problems with the transition, he can consult DeMeco Ryans, a fellow linebacker who was in the same situation his rookie year....

...Ryans is more than a willing teacher, noting that Cushing will receive only support from him and he won’t subject him to any rookie hazing.

“I let him know if he has any questions or anything he can ask me,” Ryans said. “I’m open to just trying to make our defense the best that we can be. A lot of guys try to bring the rookies down, kind of put them down. But to me it’s all about helping those guys because he’s definitely a big part of us winning games this year.”

Cushing, the 15th pick in this year’s draft, is expected to start at strongside linebacker. He joined the Texans after starting for four years at Southern California, where he had 74 tackles and three sacks as a senior.....
yahoo
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #2
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not a bad teacher for Cushing to have

Translation: "I'm so happy to have a real footballer next to me I'm not even going to give him any standard rookie treatment. Morlon Greenwood, you just got suuuurved."
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #3
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta love Ryans. He is unhappy with his deal, yet is still an excellent mentor.
Old 05-19-2009   #4
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Gotta love Ryans. He is unhappy with his deal, yet is still an excellent mentor.
Unlike that other guy, who is, to put it bluntly, really starting to piss me off. But, thats for another thread. sorry.

Loving DeMeco's leadership. Being a complete professional and I believe it will lead to him getting a deal done before the season, or relatively early on in the season.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags View Post
Unlike that other guy, who is, to put it bluntly, really starting to piss me off. But, thats for another thread. sorry.

Loving DeMeco's leadership. Being a complete professional and I believe it will lead to him getting a deal done before the season, or relatively early on in the season.
Agreed. I can't wait till the season man. I'm getting the itch.
Old 05-19-2009   #6
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Translation: "Oh except the fact he has to carry all my stuff this year."
Old 05-19-2009   #7
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

This is great! Its getting me all hyped up for some football. Demeco is a good guy, its good to see him taking the new guy under his wing.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-19-2009   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really really really excited about seeing Cushing and Demeco playing next to each other. I think they'll make a GREAT linebacking duo.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Translation: "I'm so happy to have a real footballer next to me I'm not even going to give him any standard rookie treatment. Morlon Greenwood, you just got suuuurved."
Not that it defies your overall point, but Greenwood was primarily a WILL. Diles and Bentley were the SAM's. I agree with your point though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Translation: "Oh except the fact he has to carry all my stuff this year."
I thought the same thing. He may not be hazed, but he will definitely be hauling equipment around.
Old 05-19-2009   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I'm really really really excited about seeing Cushing and Demeco playing next to each other. I think they'll make a GREAT linebacking duo.
I am too. I think Demeco will show this kid that the film room is the best place to start in order to make an impression on teammates but also to get a grasp of what you need to learn in the games.

Likewise I feel that Cushing's intensity will be something that influences Demeco. Usually Demeco is soft spoken so I think Cushings intensity will make up for that.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #11
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm now hoping even more that the team gets a good deal done with DeMeco. This is exactly the right message: the guy who's whining and staying away gets nothing (well, if $9.7 million for one year is "nothing") while the guy who reports, shows leadership and busts his butt in May gets paid. If this is indeed a negotiating strategy that DeMeco is using, we should reward it handsomely.

(In my best Teddy-KGB voice): Pay the man his money.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #12
whiskeyrbl

Demeco is definitely a winner, and a team player unlike someone else that seems to be a little more self centered, and a little arrogant.
Old 05-19-2009   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
Demeco is definitely a winner, and a team player unlike someone else that seems to be a little more self centered, and a little arrogant.
I am not arrogant!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #14
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Agreed. I can't wait till the season man. I'm getting the itch.
I can't wait til the season either, but dude that probably isn't the best thing to post on a message board.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not getting hazed? Looks like a big setup for training camp.

Enjoy the pink von-hawk, Cush.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #16
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

DeMeco Ryans is a consummate team player and we need to reward him with a long term contract.
Old 05-19-2009   #17
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
DeMeco Ryans is a consummate team player and we need to reward him with a long term contract.
Yeah... What he said...
and hur-rup about it too!
We talkin' to you Smith
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #18
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Not a bad teacher for Cushing to have

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Shouldn't everybody be a team player?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read