Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-20-2009   #81
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Information from OTAs

And apparently Casey got yelled at for laying out for the ball during OTA's, lol.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #82
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 35052 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Information from OTAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
wth?!?!!
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #83
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Information from OTAs

Possibly NSFW

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/70/17...63ed90.jpg?v=0
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #84
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post

And the problem with that is.....?????
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #85
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Day 3 Quote

Quote:
(on CB Glover Quin) Well, hes made some plays out here the first couple of days. Hes gotten his hands on the ball a couple of times. Were playing him at nickel, also; (defensive backs coach) David (Gibbs) tells me hes very sharp in the meeting room. He can return some, too. So theres plenty of reps to go around, especially with Dunta (Robinson) not being here. Its moved all those guys up as far as reps go, so hes taking advantage of it.
Hmmm.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #86
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.p...6&postcount=11

truth.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #87
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Yeah, but he's a lights out special teamer who can play SAM LB and rush from DE. He is very versatile and I think could latch on. June maybe, but he such a good nickle type LB'er I don't know. We have hard cuts to make this year.
I don't see how his attributes are not compensated by Diles as a lights out ST and Cushing as a rusher from DE. He's compensated for unfortunately. I don't expect to see him anywhere on the depth chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post
I see absolutely no problem with her as a reporter. Her insight is both enjoyable and wonderfully insightful. She's a pleasure to listen to and I love her take on football and all things pertaining to it. She is by and far my favorite part of the Chonicles coverage. If you disagree with me you're not looking at the picture above.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-21-2009   #88
kozanack
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 kozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famerkozanack is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
I see absolutely no problem with her as a reporter. Her insight is both enjoyable and wonderfully insightful. She's a pleasure to listen to and I love her take on football and all things pertaining to it. She is by and far my favorite part of the Chonicles coverage. If you disagree with me you're not looking at the picture above.
My respect for Anna-Megan is suddenly deeper and more profound....
kozanack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009   #89
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
I remain unconvinced. That's not to say I can't be swayed, but I need more proof.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009   #90
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If that's Anna-Megan, I can see why John Mcclain has a hard time speakin'
clearly when she's around. DAAAANNNGGG!!
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009   #91
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Former Oklahoma offensive lineman Brandon Walker was released by the Houston Texans on Tuesday, two days after he was arrested by Norman police on charges of allegedly driving under the influence

http://mobile.newsok.com/former-ou-o...rticle/3371169
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009   #92
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Good stuff for today:

Glover Quinn Impresses:

Could play Safety:

Slaton bulked up

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=5296
It's good to hear this about Quin. When he was drafted in the 4th I was thinking, Glover who? But after reading more about him it looked like another good pick by Smith and Kubes. Now reading more good things about him makes me feel even better. Could turn out to be another 4th round gem!

I still don't know what to think about Slaton adding weight. It'll be good if he doesn't lose any of his quickness and ability to hit the hole the way he did last year. For me, the jury is still out on this until I see him play. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009   #93
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 292321 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
what's with the Raider/Buccaneer get-up??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009   #94
Dapper
Veteran

Rep Power: 33 Dapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I don't know and I don't care!!!

SsssssssssssssssssssssssssssMOKING!!!!

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!!!
Old 05-22-2009   #95
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 292321 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

In the interest of getting back on topic...

OTA photos

AJ beats Reeves (to be filed in the "dog bites man" catagory)

Last edited by ObsiWan; 05-22-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-22-2009   #96
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

OTA photos

A Chris Brown sighting ...a healthy Chris Brown... (definitely in the "Man Bites Dog" catagory)

Old 05-22-2009   #97
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In the interest of getting back on topic...

OTA photos

AJ beats Reeves (to be filed in the "dog bites man" catagory)

I like that Reeves is smiling, and there's no sarcasm in my statement.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009   #98
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
how many objects can you find fake in the anna megan image?
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009   #99
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

From Yahoo, May 23rd:

Quote:
So far, Cushing isn’t overwhelmed by any of it. If he has set any regular-season goals, he’s not divulging them. He is focused more on the day-to-day aspect of OTAs, and simply making sure he goes where he is supposed to during practice.

“I can’t be coming in here screwing up every single play,” Cushing said. “There’s a lot expected of me. I understand that, and I have to know the insides and outs of the defense.”....

• Matt Schaub jogged out on the field free of the knee brace he wore the final month of last season. The shoulder surgery he underwent last offseason was also a distant memory as he participated in the Texans’ first day of organized team activities Monday.

For the past three months, Schaub has avoided the training room and enjoyed a “normal” offseason.
... as long as that doesn't translate to a shortened season....

Quote:
...Smith, the Texans’ top free agent signing in the offseason, has been hampered by a hamstring injury for two weeks, and missed the first two days of OTAs.

Pitts may miss the entire session of OTAs after having his elbows “cleaned out,” said coach Gary Kubiak....
I think some items have been mentioned already, but there ya go.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009   #100
Polo

I know folks keep saying Smith's injury is 'just a hammy' but it still concerns me...

I can't remember a time in the teams history when an injury was 'just' something...It always seems like it turns into something more...

Also, the guy just got a nice chunk of change...

On top of that, this regime doesn't have the greatest track record with signing major free agents...

I hope I am worried for nothing though, but can see him as a candidate for dissapointing player of the year award. I call it the DOY!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read