Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-19-2009   #41
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx
Default Re: Information from OTAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Who is this???
Insulting the team....GREAT way to get a tryout.
Old 05-19-2009   #42
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 174887 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Who is this???
The Chron.com caption sez....
Quote:
Houstonian Charles Sapp, 29, holds a sign lobbying for a tryout Monday outside the Texans training facility.
Between that sign and that last name, I'll bet there's a joke in there someplace
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #43
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I found this KubeKuote somewhat interesting...

Does this mean that Fred is #2 until Robinson comes back (when he drops to #3) or does that mean he and Reeves are battling for the #2 spot?
I was thinking it meant Dunta was #3 right now.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #44
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 174887 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I was thinking it meant Dunta was #3 right now.
actually, that was my first thought until I considered the franchise tag and the committed money that goes with it.

I figure you don't franchise a guy to the tune of nearly $10Mil/yr and then sit him.
Old 05-19-2009   #45
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta isn't on the team right now.
Old 05-19-2009   #46
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Dunta isn't on the team right now.
that's riiiight...
Good point.
the franchise "offer" is just an offer until he decides to sign...

So, whaddaya think, is Fred Bennett the #2 or #1 CB on the team right now?
and is Kubes sending a not-so-subtle msg to D-Rob?

Last edited by ObsiWan; 05-19-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-19-2009   #47
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
actually, that was my first thought until I considered the franchise tag and the committed money that goes with it.

I figure you don't franchise a guy to the tune of nearly $10Mil/yr and then sit him.
You do, if you are given no choice and he doesn't show for the first few games.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-20-2009   #48
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I think thats Kubiak talk for Dunta isn't at this practice, he's not under contract etc. so, "officially" everybody bumps up one spot and that makes Reeves 1 and Bennett 2. I don't think he was calling out Dunta as was suggested in a recent BRB post and I don't think it means anything but extra reps for Bennett at this extremely early stage. I do think he was calling out Travis Johnson however. Most of what he said I felt was fairly watered down nothing.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #49
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:

Does this mean that Fred is #2 until Robinson comes back (when he drops to #3) or does that mean he and Reeves are battling for the #2 spot?
This is very interesting to me. I hope Fred battles it out for number 2 when Dunta comes back.
Old 05-20-2009   #50
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=AnthonyE;1185534]This is very interesting to me. I hope Fred battles it out for number 2 when Dunta comes back.[/QUOTE

I can't help but wonder about the #2 slot at Cb this year. If Reeves, who will be with the team, through OTAs and TC unquestionably, works his way into the #1 slot. I think it's very possible given what I have heard about his dedication to getting better this offseason and new DB coach Gibbs. I can't help but wonder that Bennett will have the same situation to get better. Depending on the status of Dunta I can't help but wonder if he might be battling for the #2 slot as opposed to #1.

I guess I am wondering out loud what happens if our franchise tagged Cb is getting outplayed by two other guys?
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #51
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

whats wrong with you guys Brooke is sweet.....

the rest is all fluff, it's OTA's don't read too much into the comings & goings of players. Travis is & always been an enigma. It's gotten old & the Texans should cut him loose after June 1st so he can catch on with another team thus minimizing cap damage (F/A next year anyway) no future here for a player who has a long way to go after four years after being selected 1st rd. (another regime).
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #52
Polo

Quote:

I think it just means "We'll see".
Old 05-20-2009   #53
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

On 1560 yesterday Sean and John said that this team is 100 times faster, more athletic and basically more talented than the team 2 years ago. They said Cushing has alot of burst from 0 to impact and that the LBs with he and DeMeco should be great. Harris was commenting on alot of it.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 05-20-2009 at 09:04 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #54
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steroids View Post
Would you a##holes quit derailing the thread talking about Brook Bentley? NOBODY CARES.

This is about OTA information.
rep given for having an avatar with the best as I've seen in awhile.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #55
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
rep given for having an avatar with the best as I've seen in awhile.
It is also known as Kubiak's hot seat.
Old 05-20-2009   #56
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

If you happen to watch the video from HT.com, it's quite apparent that Kubiak's pissed at TJ. He did the same crap last year with something supposedly wrong with his crotch. Do we even know what it is this year? I mean, wtf does "issues" mean?

Look, I actually think TJ is better than most give him credit for around here, but he seems like he's a sloth when it comes to practice. That's not a good thing.
Old 05-20-2009   #57
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 20076 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

This may, or may not, have anything to do with the current situation with TJ, and I'm too lazy to goggle for the details, but TJ has a medical condition which requires constant medication to keep under control. This has been known since his draft year. As long as he takes his medication, this problem supposedly should not effect his football. If I remember correctly, at one point in his collegiate career, he did get off his regimen of medication and his playing did suffer. Like I said, this may not have anything to do with his current problem, it's just a bit of input I haven't seen mentioned in a number of years.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009   #58
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
Thompson will be hard pressed to get on the field. He's lights out on special teams though. But it may be a casualty due to too much depth. Bentley can play all three positions, so can Diles, DeMeco, Cushing and Adibi aren't going anywhere due to contracts and age. Chaun may miss the boat, or maybe June.
Yeah, but he's a lights out special teamer who can play SAM LB and rush from DE. He is very versatile and I think could latch on. June maybe, but he such a good nickle type LB'er I don't know. We have hard cuts to make this year.
Old 05-20-2009   #59
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Look, I actually think TJ is better than most give him credit for around here, but he seems like he's a sloth when it comes to practice. That's not a good thing.
Yep...

I like TJ and I think that he will play much better this year...But none of that matters if you are not practicing and getting acclimated with the new system...
Old 05-20-2009   #60
Polo

I don't think that June will make the team unless he has a lights out summer/early fall.

I haven't heard anything about him being a great special teams player so that means he'd have to be playing a lot in regular defensive sets in order to have value for us.

Adibi and June are kind of the same player, except I think Adibi is better against the run.

If June is playing a lot, that means Adibi will not be. You will be hard pressed finding a situation for both of those guys to be on the field together.

If Adibi gets the start at WLB, maybe June sticks around as his back-up. But if Diles wins that spot, I think Adibi is his back-up leaving June without a niche.

Basically, I don't think June will be on our opening day 53 unless he's lights out. I don't think being "solid" or "ok" will cut it ofr him because of his lack of functionality...He doesn't have a lot of dimensions to his game...JMO.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read