Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-18-2009   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Question If you could change one thing...

... about our franchise, what would it be?

Name one thing you would change if you were Bob McNair.

I assume some would agree with mine. The name. Maybe it takes time to establish, but the Texans just sounds dorky to me. I would use...

Apollo's
Dealers
Hurricanes

I think the name says alot about the entire organization.

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009   #2
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If you could change one thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

I assume some would agree with mine. The name. Maybe it takes time to establish, but the Texans just sounds dorky to me. I would use...

Apollo's
Dealers
Hurricanes

I think the name says a lot about the entire organization.

I like the name Texans. The name says a lot about the orginization? Dealers? nah....car dealers, drug dealers.....

I'm proud to be a Texan and a Texans fan.

One thing I would change about the orginization would go all the way back to hiring Charlie Casserly. That would have meant maybe no Dom Capers, no David Carr, The Butterfly Effect.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Our playoff record...lol.
Old 05-18-2009   #4
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

If this were day 1 I would nix the Texans moniker and go with something original. To what, I'm not sure but not Texans.

Probably uniforms. I get the red, white, blue bit but our uniforms are so bland it hurts. And then they go crazy red (which is awesome just because it's not bland) and everybody's eyes start hurting. I'd just as soon see them playing in jeans, that would be far more representative!!

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather be 0-0 in the playoffs than 0-1.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009   #5
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

No PSL fees.
Old 05-18-2009   #6
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Tony Boselli actually played for a few seasons..
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post

One thing I would change about the orginization would go all the way back to hiring Charlie Casserly. That would have meant maybe no Dom Capers, no David Carr, The Butterfly Effect.
Now thats a good one!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-18-2009   #8
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd change the players we drafted...for example, taking Bryant McKinne or Julius Peppers over David Carr. As for the name, Dealers, Apollos, and Hurricanes sound life Arena Football team names.

Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009   #9
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

all the obvious stuff aside like win more games, change the name to an arena name, draft superstar guy etc.... I'd make the logo smaller on the helmets, white over blue as the permanent home uni, keep the enzones blue open the roof more. and so on.

edit: by the way i think "texans" is the most perfect name ever.

Last edited by barrett; 05-18-2009 at 03:31 PM.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009   #10
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd get us a legit free safety

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd change my underwear... because if I were Bob McNair, I would piss my pants from excitement.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009   #12
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 165286 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
I'd get us a legit free safety
you just won't let that go will you?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009   #13
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would Tell the coaches that we shall never lose to the Titans or the Cowboys and when we do your fired
Old 05-18-2009   #14
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
I would Tell the coaches that we shall never lose to the Titans or the Cowboys and when we do your fired
So you would be Al Davis (post mind-loss), Bill Bidwill, and Mike Brown all rolled into one?
Old 05-18-2009   #15
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

If the biggest thing bothering you about this franchise is the name or their uniform........then we must have 3 more months to go 'til we see some football.

Honestly, I don't know if there's a whole lot I would have changed. Yeah, looking back now you can say this or that. I think I wouldn't have drafted a QB with the 1st pick. Not just not draft Carr, I wouldn't have drafted any QB to start an expansion franchise to throw out there behind a makeshift line. I would have started on defense. That probably means Peppers.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009   #16
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 165286 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Apollo's
Dealers
Hurricanes

I think the name says alot about the entire organization.

Agreed.

I wouldn't go as far as "dorky" but we sure as hell could have been more imaginative.

but since you already picked that one I'll go with this one....

I would refrain from letting Casserly chase off all my experienced players - especially the defensive backfield guys - just because they were nearing 30.

When (if that story is true) Casserly came to me (as Bob McNair) with that idea, I would have known was heading my team in a bad direction and probably would have fired him on the spot. No business or other kind of operation can be successful when they just toss their experience base out the door because of some arbitrary age number. That's just dumb. When Casserly came to me with a hair-brained idea like that, I would have canned him outright.

Its one thing if they can't cut it any more. Its another to cull just because of age.
Old 05-18-2009   #17
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
If the biggest thing bothering you about this franchise is the name or their uniform........then we must have 3 more months to go 'til we see some football.

Honestly, I don't know if there's a whole lot I would have changed. Yeah, looking back now you can say this or that. I think I wouldn't have drafted a QB with the 1st pick. Not just not draft Carr, I wouldn't have drafted any QB to start an expansion franchise to throw out there behind a makeshift line. I would have started on defense. That probably means Peppers.
I second that harumph, harumph, harumph. Give the Speedy a harumph!

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009   #18
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, if there really is one thing I would change (not in the past but going forward)... I would make it easier for fans to get autographs of the players the want.

I think it's only fair for those people that support your players, your team, your stadium that they can 'interact' with their favorite player(s). Obviously not all fans can go to lunch or do neat things like that, but something so simple as an autograph. I can't tell you the number of times I've gone to these Texans All Access type of events hoping to get personalized Mario Williams and Andre Johnson's autographs on 8x10 photos I have of them. Only to stand in a line for an hour hoping they are the ones to be seated there and then I find out its Glenn Earl and Von Hutchins (no offense).

I'd love to have a picture with some of my favorite players and their autographs. I don't know the best way for an organization to accomodate this for all fans but I'm a little disappointed with the past and current plans.

I remember when I was little, my dad taking me to an Oilers event where you could get autographs. I brought a football and just about every player there signed it, Warren Moon, Webster Slaughter, Heywood Jeffries.. I still got that football. What actually remember most though is Al Del Greco signing it and then kicking it over the table back to me and me catching it. That's a story that's stuck in my mind for at least 15 years now and that's something I think any big Texans fan should have.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009   #19
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
I second that harumph, harumph, harumph. Give the Speedy a harumph!

hrumph!

...and "Hello Boys"
Old 05-18-2009   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

If I could have done things differently, I would have told my coach/GM, that I wanted to build this team around defense. That's were our identity would have been.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read